Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

1COBearsfan

We’re all mad here
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right. One QB is killing the Bengals on the road....and it’s his is my comparable to a kicker. Are you even watching the game? Daniels is like a pro. In control. Making plays. "Special", which is what I have NOT seen from CW this year.
1727177319787.gif
This is my surprised face that you didn’t get what I said. I’ll try to be a little more subtle;

It’s only been THREE FUCKING GAMES. You’re overreacting you fucking nitwit.

Reactions: Myk

msadows

Liked Posts:
Looks like that…but he could be their next RG3 too as well. I guess we will know in 2026.

Look at mariotas first 3 games, 3 games a career does not make:

1727178332275.png

There have been plenty of rookie QB's who started hot and sizzled out to suck. Right now Jayden is a one read and run QB. His OL has been protecting him very well. Yes, he's accurate but we will see what happens when the NFL adjusts to him and takes away his first option and puts a spy on him every play.

Reactions: Myk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I honestly dont get the desire by some to compare the two. This is not Trubisky vs Mahomes vs Watson where a strong argument could be made for Bears drafting any of the 3.

Williams was considered not just the best QB in 2024 but also the best QB had he entered the 2023 draft. There is no scenario where Poles stayed at one where he wasnt going to be the pick. I doubt there is any GM that would have taken Daniels at 1 over Williams including the Commanders.

So Daniels is irrelevant IMO. He never had a realistic chance to be a Bear. The kid has talent and while he may be one read and run, his running and deep accuracy is on point. As long as he has those he can have success until he hopefully learns to go through progressions. If he does and stays healthy he can be a stud and I really would have no regrets about taking Caleb over him because the Bears made the only pick they realistic could have.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
The Washington Commanders were 13 and 4 last year. A juggernaut! … crap! Oh wait — had that backwards — they were 4 and 13.

I wonder why that team looks so calm, so in charge — and is playing with confidence. Could it be that they have a new catalyst??

One guy (CW) has been ERRATIC to put it nicely — and we have ALREADY started with the excuse making for why he is constantly turning the ball over and overthrowing wide open guys by 15 feet.

The other guy is calm… even when the pocket is dirty, he keeps his cool… and he is playing with accuracy, poise and precision —- off the charts precision in fact. Gotta give that guy credit. To not do so is the mark of a hater.

It’s early… all of this could change… but you generally come in with traits. That trait Daniels has of making the game look like he has it on a string…. the way that he plays like gravity/making it all revolve around him — that is a gift.

We have to give credit where credit is due….

Last edited:

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
. Also has to stay healthy, his play style and body type aren't a great combo.

I watched him play vs the Giants.....

He can play,and his running is superb,but he got tackled late 2nd qtr,went out for a play,he didnt rush again rest of the game....

Youre correct,he is too skinny to be taking big hits in the NFL.....

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Because of his scramble rate that was up there with Malik Willis while turning down open throws. He's already done it a bit in the pros.

He shot up boards because of his accuracy and dual threat ability.

He had a good game, but the Commanders and Kingsbury do a good job of making it pretty simple for him.

Still would like to see how he responds when a good defense takes that away and actually make him stay in the pocket

Good coaching makes the QB position simple for their QBs, no matter what the talent levels.

Rodgers was cooked before LaFleur got there, he won a few more MVPs because of the commitment to the running game and now they're developing Love and making Malik Willis look like a viable NFL QB

Darnold was HORRID with NYJ and CAR - now he goes to Minny with KOC and he's in the MVP discussion.

Right now Caleb is making checks at the line and audibles like fucking Peyton Manning - Sean McVey, Matt LaFleur, Kyle Shanahan or Kevin O'Connell would never put that on a rookie QB and they'd have this kid humming from day one. They're overloading him with responsibilities and his confidence will take a hit playing this way. They're playing with fire with this shit.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
The Washington Commanders were 13 and 4 last year. A juggernaut! … crap! Oh wait — had that backwards — they were 4 and 13.

I wonder why that team looks so calm, so in charge — and is playing with confidence. Could it be that they have a new catalyst??

One guy has been ERRATIC to put it nicely — and we have to ALREADY started with the excuse making for why he is overthrowing wide open guys by 15 feet.

The other guy is calm… even when the pocket is dirty, he keeps his cool… and he is playing with accuracy, poise and precision —- off the charts precision in fact. Gotta give that guy credit. To not do so is the mark of a hater.

It’s early… all of this could change… but you generally come in with traits. That trait Daniels has of making the game look like he has it on a string…. the way that he plays like gravity/making it all revolve around him — that is a gift.

We have to give credit where credit is due….
You're missing the point if you're putting this on Caleb.

Justin had it and was succeeding in spite of Eberflus. Caleb has it and will show flashes in spite of Eberflus.

The offensive side of the ball under Eberflus has been erratic because he's a DC and not a HC.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lots of Bears fans who desperately want to believe Daniels is a bust.

I wanted him to be one too
but I also have eyes and he looks to me like he could be special.

LOL. Why would anyone want him to be a bust? I hope he plays great. I hope CW plays great. Just tired of the idiots saying so and so player is great or a bust after every single game. People have the attention spans of gnats these days.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
LOL. Why would anyone want him to be a bust? I hope he plays great. I hope CW plays great. Just tired of the idiots saying so and so player is great or a bust after every single game. People have the attention spans of gnats these days.
He played better than Caleb down the stretch last year and is picking up where he left off again in the NFL.

Insecure fans want to tear down Justin and anybody drafted after Caleb to justify the move. It's how fandom works.

Daniels played an elite game last night. We'll see what the Kingsbury offense looks like in December but good for Jayden.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
You're missing the point if you're putting this on Caleb.

Justin had it and was succeeding in spite of Eberflus. Caleb has it and will show flashes in spite of Eberflus.

The offensive side of the ball under Eberflus has been erratic because he's a DC and not a HC.
I get you. But I never take accountability completely away from the player. At the end of the day these guys play from dirty pockets from time to time and have bad coaches from time to time, but Caleb still has to play better. He should not be missing wide open guys by 15 feet and turning the ball over so much.

NFL Champion QB Kurt Warner also agrees. I heard his commentary and he also mentioned that there are no excuses for CW missing so many wide open guys.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly dont get the desire by some to compare the two. This is not Trubisky vs Mahomes vs Watson where a strong argument could be made for Bears drafting any of the 3.
I think the people who are saying this are probably of the mindset that we could've traded with Washington and picked up assets and taken Daniels.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, this doesn't have to be a zero sum game where only 1 of the 2 can be a great player. They can both be great in their own ways of playing QB.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I get you. But I never take accountability completely away from the player. At the end of the day these guys play from dirty pockets from time to time and have bad coaches from time to time, but Caleb still has to play better. He should not be missing wide open guys by 15 feet and turning the ball over so much.

NFL Champion QB Kurt Warner also agrees. I heard his commentary and he also mentioned that there are no excuses for CW missing so many wide open guys.

I heard Kurt's interview and I agree heavily that Caleb just seems slightly unsettled. Justin wasn't ever comfortable here either and the sample size is large enough now that I have to put that onto Eberflus, Morgan and the OCs they've hired.

Justin is going to continue to take steps forward because he understands his role and when he preforms his role well, the team wins (this started here). Caleb lacks that right now and we're going to see up and down play from him until they get an offensive head coach in here to help make his life easy.

The talent is there, clearly but fuck this situation is bad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the people who are saying this are probably of the mindset that we could've traded with Washington and picked up assets and taken Daniels.
But even if that is the case that would simply prove that even the Coammnders had Williams as No 1. So as I said there was no realistic other option at 1.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
It's not a single game, it is a very small sample size that is true, but it's pretty clear how much this guy is improving over the last few years and you obviously saw a culmination of that last night albeit it being one game. I find it hilarious that people are throwing names like RGIII out there, it smacks of desperation to my mind.

I wanted him to be a bust so that we wouldn't have to deal with the narrative of this organization not picking the right guy againlike Mahomes and Stroud. Those misses suck so part of me wanted him to suck so that wasn't even an issue.

I understand the silliness of it, how he has nothing to do with how good or bad Williams will be, it's leftover angst over the what ifs of Qbs missed.

Liked Posts:
Only this fucking franchise's fans can look at Caleb Williams putting up the 11th-best passing game by a bears QB in team history (that's 104 years, mind you),

BuT hE gOt It AlL iN gArBaGe TiMe--he threw for 213 yards in the 1st half, more than he threw in both games 1 and 2.

"11th best" is a subjective term....CW wasn't exactly a model of efficiency against a mediocre Colt defense. Malik Willis had 0 turnovers and 2 incompletions against the Colts the previous week and a 126 rating while CW had 3 turnovers and an 80 rating. I don't really care that CW had more passing yards in a 2024 game than Paddy Driscoll in a 1920 game. It's irrelevant to CW's actual performance.

Despite all his passing yards, the Bears scored 16 points and lost a game to a Colts team that didn't play particularly well. Yes, CW had more yards in one half than he did in entire games....that will happen when you have sub-100 yard games.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
Great game for Jayden but as more tape shows up we'll see how he adjusts. He threw almost exclusively to the right side of the field last night. You know DCs will analyze everything and adjust to him. We'll see what happens.

My biggest concern with JD is his frame. He does look thin. How long will he last before an injury? At some point he's going to be hit hard.