Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I remember when RGIII was special.

I remember Kingsbury being the “it” guy at Arizona.

I remember when Chip Kelly’s college bullshit offense worked in the NFL until it didn’t.

Daniels may turn out to be a good NFL QB. If anyone on here is suggesting he’s an elite processor, you’re clueless.

He took some big hits running the ball last night. He has a nice deep ball. He can hit a RPO. Did you see any NFL layered throws?
Maybe I missed them.

He seems like a good guy. I hope he’s successful. There’s not a chance I would take him over Caleb Williams.

I guess Daniels is better than Joe Burrow too. He just beat him. Isn’t that how this works?
Unfortunately, most sports fans are stupid af and have no idea what they're watching when they watch it live. They just watch Colin Cowherd, ESPN, Skip Bayless, etc. and fucking cream in their pants for the stupidest of hot takes. They see a 90 second clip of some dumb ass talking very loudly, and then they parrot that same stupid shit over and over again until another dumb ass yelling for 90 seconds catches their short attention span. "CALEB WILLIAMS IS RYAN LEAF AND JAMARCUS RUSSELL COMBINED! AHHHHHH!!!"

Meanwhile, there is plenty of content out there where ex-NFL QBs breakdown every play, and explain EVERYTHING so that even a dumb ass could understand it. But that takes a real investment and actually thinking. Who wants to do that?

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No one knows how things will work out, but like others have mentioned, Daniels is operating a QB simple offense. But it's working right now for him. I would fully expect that teams catch on to it and make things much harder for Daniels as the season progresses and more tape comes out.

Taylor-Britt said the Commanders don’t ask Daniels to do too much and that they run a “nice college offense.” That offense didn’t punt once in Monday’s win and Taylor-Britt was asked after the game if he had any regrets about what he said before the game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, most sports fans are stupid af and have no idea what they're watching when they watch it live. They just watch Colin Cowherd, ESPN, Skip Bayless, etc. and fucking cream in their pants for the stupidest of hot takes. They see a 90 second clip of some dumb ass talking very loudly, and then they parrot that same stupid shit over and over again until another dumb ass yelling for 90 seconds catches their short attention span. "CALEB WILLIAMS IS RYAN LEAF AND JAMARCUS RUSSELL COMBINED! AHHHHHH!!!"

Meanwhile, there is plenty of content out there where ex-NFL QBs breakdown every play, and explain EVERYTHING so that even a dumb ass could understand it. But that takes a real investment and actually thinking. Who wants to do that?
The only thing here I'll quibble with is that former players are just as dumb most of the time.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The only thing here I'll quibble with is that former players are just as dumb most of the time.
That's fair. I'm talking about guys like JT O'Sullivan, Tim Jenkins, Kurt Warner. People can learn a lot from watching them breakdown tape.

Most people are watching Booger McFarland and Dan Orlovsky make hot takes on ESPN thinking that they know sports.

jc456

Liked Posts:
That's fair. I'm talking about guys like JT O'Sullivan, Tim Jenkins, Kurt Warner. People can learn a lot from watching them breakdown tape.

Most people are watching Booger McFarland and Dan Orlovsky make hot takes on ESPN thinking that they know sports.
And Warner just said he saw no improvement from CW this week. He was disappointed in his effort. Did you listen? I posted the video of him stating his position.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
He threw for 363 yards and 2 TDs in his third NFL game with this line, awful play calling, no run game, and him running for his life. Made plenty of mistakes and some bad throws but already hearing some labeling him as a bust, or not as good as a few other rookies, after 3 games is dumb beyond words. What enjoyment do some people get by shitting on the kid? He has been disappointing only because of the ridiculous expectations he had on him immediately. If he was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round we would not be hearing this nonsense, would probably be excited seeing him throw for 363 in his third game.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
And Warner just said he saw no improvement from CW this week. He was disappointed in his effort. Did you listen? I posted the video of him stating his position.
If you are labeling him as a bust already after 3 games why do you even bother watching? Does his disappointing play for 3 games get you aroused, hard? Go buy your Bo Nix jersey.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw it, but I disagree. It's more nuanced than that in my opinion. He's taking steps forward. He's getting tons of reps. He's putting lots of things both good and bad on tape. He's clearly not a finished product, and he still makes mistakes. But he's getting better.

Just saying there was no improvement at all is disingenuous. But whatever. No one is perfect.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He threw for 363 yards and 2 TDs in his third NFL game with this line, awful play calling, no run game, and him running for his life. Made plenty of mistakes and some bad throws but already hearing some labeling him as a bust, or not as good as a few other rookies, after 3 games is dumb beyond words. What enjoyment do some people get by shitting on the kid? He has been disappointing only because of the ridiculous expectations he had on him immediately. If he was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round we would not be hearing this nonsense, would probably be excited seeing him throw for 363 in his third game.
People are very stupid. People are also very impatient. Freaking out about a rookie in his 3rd game is hilarious. Also, comparing him to Jayden Daniels is really stupid. How much high level football experience does Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels have compared to Caleb Williams? 5 seasons of college football vs. 3 seasons of college football makes a huge difference.

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
No one knows how things will work out, but like others have mentioned, Daniels is operating a QB simple offense. But it's working right now for him. I would fully expect that teams catch on to it and make things much harder for Daniels as the season progresses and more tape comes out.

Taylor-Britt said the Commanders don’t ask Daniels to do too much and that they run a “nice college offense.” That offense didn’t punt once in Monday’s win and Taylor-Britt was asked after the game if he had any regrets about what he said before the game.

From what I gather, it sounds like JD is being asked to do a lot less than Caleb is.

It seems the Bears have put everything on Caleb's plate, and they are having him battle through it and grow, which he appears to be doing.

Maybe putting less on CW's plate and slowly adding to it is a better process, or maybe giving it all to him at once and letting him make mistakes and learn is better. I don't know, but we'll see how it unfolds.

What I would expect if these above things are true, is that JD could initially avoid some of the mistakes and the growing pains that CW is facing. Like you said, I would also expect that the NFL will adjust to JD, which we've seen many times with mobile QBs.

What I most certainly would not do is reach any conclusions or panic on a rookie QB class after 3 games (not saying you are of course, but obviously some are).

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have watched a little bit of JD and from what I see they're splitting the field for him. Lots of rollouts, kinda like what they did with Mitch in 2018. The league will catch up with it.

CW is operating a LOT from the pocket and is doing a better job each week.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have watched a little bit of JD and from what I see they're splitting the field for him. Lots of rollouts, kinda like what they did with Mitch in 2018. The league will catch up with it.

CW is operating a LOT from the pocket and is doing a better job each week.
I’d rather the kitchen sink be thrown at CW right out of gate than giving him baby steps