Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am using the application of common sense. Bears need to win now. If Trubisky gets injured or falters a round 2 QB ain’t going to get it done.
I don't disagree that they will add a FA QB, just as it was worded you seemed to reject @halftime 's suggestion of potentially drafting a QB as being stated by the Bears FO.

I would not rule out any move by Pace, even if he suggested that that path had been closed. He is desperate to get QB right and if an opportunity presents itself he will bite, regardless of who is on the roster.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think they better bring in a vet or draft Eason if he's there.

If they do nothing, Pace will definitely be on the hot seat. Even if the o-line gets better, Trubisky is not taking this team on a playoff run. He's just nowhere near good enough mentally.

Pace is on the hot seat no matter what. If he brings legit competition in or rolls with Mitch, either way his seat is red hot.

I am saying Pace will choose to roll with Mitch and use the salary to get better around him to get over the 8 - 8 hump and not use $$$ nor precious picks to get a legit QB to push him. I think he genuinely sees that as his best chance to get back to playoffs and keep his job one more year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
My bad if I missed that. I thought it was still up in the air, like..."We're looking at all our options."

The FA QB will be to replace Chase and be cheaper than Chase but will not be a serious challenge to Mitch. That's my take.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this moment it really seems like they are going to need to go TE and OLB in round 2.

I do not know where else they are addressing those positions based on what is available and the resources they have.

Ebron would allow for o-line and olb, CB/S should be in the conversation too.

1. OGorOT
2. TE1or2
3. OLB
4. QB2
5. S
6. OGorOT
7. CB
8. TE3
9. QB3

Thats my priority list to be filled by draft and free agency. What am I fucking up?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The FA QB will be to replace Chase and be cheaper than Chase but will not be a serious challenge to Mitch. That's my take.

Man, I hope that's not what happens. But I could see it. It's so "Bears."

If they march Trubisky out there with the same shit play calling, we're in trouble.

A couple of upgrades at o-line and some new coaches ain't gonna cut it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ebron would allow for o-line and olb, CB/S should be in the conversation too.

1. OGorOT
2. TE1or2
3. OLB
4. QB2
5. S
6. OGorOT
7. CB
8. TE3
9. QB3

Thats my priority list to be filled by draft and free agency. What am I fucking up?

No WR that can beat any DB for the deep ball and who's gonna backup Monty? Not Cohen.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Let Nagy Trubs and pace have next year. No reason to change any one of them. Then replace all 3 at once if needed. I think we'll be a playoff team next year so it might not happen then either.

In your dreams !!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree that they will add a FA QB, just as it was worded you seemed to reject @halftime 's suggestion of potentially drafting a QB as being stated by the Bears FO.

I would not rule out any move by Pace, even if he suggested that that path had been closed. He is desperate to get QB right and if an opportunity presents itself he will bite, regardless of who is on the roster.

I don't rule out the Bears getting a college QB. I do rule out them spending a significant draft pick.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Didnt Jerimiah play for the bullfrogs?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are not going to be in position to draft the Clemson QB next year. If they see a QB this year that they believe in, I'd rather they draft that QB and let him sit and learn behind Mitch. This QB can take over next year if Trubisky is playing like shit

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No WR that can beat any DB for the deep ball and who's gonna backup Monty? Not Cohen.

Miller/Robinson/Ridley/Wimms/Patterson

Investment is already high. They might look for a burner in later rounds or UDFA

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Miller/Robinson/Ridley/Wimms/Patterson

Investment is already high. They might look for a burner in later rounds or UDFA

How is the investment high when Miller, Ridley and Wims are all on their rookie contracts? So you don't think we need a speed WR? There's isn't any on the team now after we cut Gabriel.