Jeremiah top 50

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fixing the oline is key to the run game. But the biggest problem was a bad scheme and shit play calling. Our line is league average but made to look even worse by a inept staff. Imo.

League Average!!!!!

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So what good would a speed WR do if our QB can't throw deep?

Miller/Ridley are not slow and Miller in particular has reach and quickness advantages that get him open downfield.

IDK...I'm all for it if we can find one, but I'm not hopeful. We got guys they like and want to play, thats probably the end of it but they will be looking under stones to find that type at both RB/WR for this offense.

He can throw deep, he just throws it to far sometimes. Trubs has had his long balls that have connected, he just has more overthrows then he does right on target when going deep. The issue is also Nagy cause as soon as Trubs does overthrow a deep ball Nagy pulls that throw from him but the only way to get better is by doing it in games.

I didn't say Miller was slow, i said he's more quick then he is fast with straight line speed and Ridley ran a 4.58 40 which also isn't fast.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what good would a speed WR do if our QB can't throw deep?

Miller/Ridley are not slow and Miller in particular has reach and quickness advantages that get him open downfield.

IDK...I'm all for it if we can find one, but I'm not hopeful. We got guys they like and want to play, thats probably the end of it but they will be looking under stones to find that type at both RB/WR for this offense.

They can catch a 5 yard pass and run 50 yards with it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya I know we looked a lot worse the avg but the scheme and playcalling was really bad. These guys had no clue who to block.

It is pretty clear the coaching staff did not have them ready to play. I am not sure you can just assume they are average and blame it all on the staff.

It is clear Nagy did not appreciate the oline and running game coaching staff.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he can stay healthy and is the actual number 2 receiver to start the season I think he will have a really good year if the Bears can get even a shadow of a running game.

When Gabriel got the concussion Miller really showed out for us. A lot of that is on Nagy to cause he could of called plays for him more but it was good to see what he can do when really given a chance. As you said health is his biggest issue especially that shoulder.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Gabriel got the concussion Miller really showed out for us. A lot of that is on Nagy to cause he could of called plays for him more but it was good to see what he can do when really given a chance. As you said health is his biggest issue especially that shoulder.
I expect Miller to have his break-out 3rd year as some WR's do. I think he can play inside or outside, and is the #2 and a valid one, if fact an upgrade over Gabriel in most areas of play. (blocking, routes, yac, reach, high point, and even downfield).

Wims needs to be on the field more, and then you have Ridley, and finally Patterson to play with some more. If they fix the running game I'd be fine with Montgomery and Nall doing the work, Cohen doing 3rd down/2nd and long, etc.

A burner is the farthest thing from my mind and if anything Gabriel got way too many snaps that took away from these other guys that are better football players.

By all means look for burners, we are modeled after the chiefs aren't we? But I don't think its the best use of capital right now unless value plays into our hands or we find a hidden gem. We got bigger problems that haven't been addressed like WR has. Those guys got to step up.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My bad if I missed that. I thought it was still up in the air, like..."We're looking at all our options."
you are right, they NEVER said they were getting a QB in free agency.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Ya I know we looked a lot worse the avg but the scheme and playcalling was really bad. These guys had no clue who to block.

Didnt Kyle Long say it wasn't scheme it was personnel? And he was part of the personnel.

It was probably both but how many one on one match ups did they lose? Felt like a ton each week.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
how many one on one match ups did they lose?
[/QUOTE]
All of them. I don't think we're overly talented personal wise but they just plain did not know who to block or how to work together. I blame the coaching staff more then the players but the players were bad too. May have been the worst oline play I ever seen in the NFL. It was sickening.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I expect Miller to have his break-out 3rd year as some WR's do. I think he can play inside or outside, and is the #2 and a valid one, if fact an upgrade over Gabriel in most areas of play. (blocking, routes, yac, reach, high point, and even downfield).

Wims needs to be on the field more, and then you have Ridley, and finally Patterson to play with some more. If they fix the running game I'd be fine with Montgomery and Nall doing the work, Cohen doing 3rd down/2nd and long, etc.

A burner is the farthest thing from my mind and if anything Gabriel got way too many snaps that took away from these other guys that are better football players.

By all means look for burners, we are modeled after the chiefs aren't we? But I don't think its the best use of capital right now unless value plays into our hands or we find a hidden gem. We got bigger problems that haven't been addressed like WR has. Those guys got to step up.

If we were modeled after the Chiefs we'd need at least 3 burners since they have T.Hill, S.Watkins and M.Hardman who all 3 are faster than any of our WR's. I also think we need a faster RB to play behind Monty who's not as big as Monty and not as small as Cohen and Nall definitely isn't that but i am a fan of his.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Probably not and even if he does, he is only 1 year younger than ARob. ARob more deserving of a LT deal so we should draft an actual young WR.
1 year younger in age but 4 or 5 years younger in taken hits and wear and tear.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1 year younger in age but 4 or 5 years younger in taken hits and wear and tear.

Yes but doubt you give both big contracts so gotta pick one eventually which means we still need a young stud WR.