Jeremiah top 50

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pace would be wise to trade down in the 2nd to get another 3rd/4th round pick. It’s unlikely the Bears will find Day 1 starters with their picks anyway this year so let Pace do his thing in the later rounds. Pace struggles the most in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is the investment high when Miller, Ridley and Wims are all on their rookie contracts? So you don't think we need a speed WR? There's isn't any on the team now after we cut Gabriel.
Patterson, and a lesser free agent and/or Udfa is all I expect. They spent draft capital and want to see those guys play. Its Robinson, Miller in slot, and some cheap competition for Ridley/Wimms at the Y. Hopefully a burner to play with along with Patterson.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace would be wise to trade down in the 2nd to get another 3rd/4th round pick. It’s unlikely the Bears will find Day 1 starters with their picks anyway this year so let Pace do his thing in the later rounds. Pace struggles the most in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Trade up for Adams or Tua.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Patterson, and a lesser free agent and/or Udfa is all I expect. They spent draft capital and want to see those guys play. Its Robinson, Miller in slot, and some cheap competition for Ridley/Wimms at the Y. Hopefully a burner to play with along with Patterson.

Okay so yes you do think they need a speed WR then.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay so yes you do think they need a speed WR then.
Ones that can play just aren't easy to find. I expect Nagy will target a cheap FA he likes and they will look for that trait in late rounds or UDFA.

But Miller and Ridley serve that function in their own way, and Robinson can burn a little too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ones that can play just aren't easy to find. I expect Nagy will target a cheap FA he likes and they will look for that trait in late rounds or UDFA.

But Miller and Ridley serve that function in their own way, and Robinson can burn a little too.

Ridley and Robinson are definitely not fast and Miller is more quick then he is fast. Gabriel is the only fast WR on the team but he just hasn't worked out and when they did go deep to him Trubisky would usually overthrow him. Ridley is known for his route running and Robinson for route running and go up and get it. I love me some ARob but if we could get a legit speed WR to play out wide it would really help ARob. Robby Anderson would be perfect but we can't afford him so they should try to find someone like him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ridley and Robinson are definitely not fast and Miller is more quick then he is fast. Gabriel is the only fast WR on the team but he just hasn't worked out and when they did go deep to him Trubisky would usually overthrow him. Ridley is known for his route running and Robinson for route running and go up and get it. I love me some ARob but if we could get a legit speed WR to play out wide it would really help ARob. Robby Anderson would be perfect but we can't afford him so they should try to find someone like him.

So what good would a speed WR do if our QB can't throw deep?

Miller/Ridley are not slow and Miller in particular has reach and quickness advantages that get him open downfield.

IDK...I'm all for it if we can find one, but I'm not hopeful. We got guys they like and want to play, thats probably the end of it but they will be looking under stones to find that type at both RB/WR for this offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

His 3rd round picks have been Grasu, Bullard and Monty so 2 busts and a slow RB.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I had high hopes for Eason this year but he did not impress. Some games he just missed throws and struggled reading the defense, he did play well at Georgia though before he got hurt, he was also the #1 recruit coming out of HS. Has size + arm strength you can't teach. I'd want him to sit behind a veteran who isn't a dumbass if we did end up with him. I would pull the trigger if he's there at #43, considering I don't like next years class.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I'm split on Fromm.

If he translates over he will be in the mound of Brees/Dalton/Pennington in that they were not physically great, but all could do their part to help an NFL team win.

The real question is: Is Fromm so strong in fundamentals and the mental side of the game that he can completely make up for his physical limitations? I'd add Fromm can add velocity. Many QBs have actually increased gotten better there with increased attention on their mechanics.

Anyway, I'm not anti-Fromm, but to your Pace comments, he seems to like physically gifted QBs. If that's the case Fromm probably isn't in the conversation unless he completely wins him over in the interview or Fromm falls to a point where there's too much value to pass up.

I don't see Pace ever drafting a QB who isn't physically gifted. This is how he drafts in general, elite athletes who he thinks he can mold into great players.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

you can find a day 1 starter in the second round.

SS ILB G

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would be less worried about Eason and more worried about Love. I think if you sit Eason for a year, he is a candidate to develop. Love has some major red flags.

How do you throw 20 TD's-17INT's in your last year at college and people not be worried about what happens when you get to the NFL?

Reminds me of what Jameis Winston did. Lived off the hype of his sophomore year and people gave him a pass for the 18INT's he threw in his final year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurt isn't as fast as Lamar Jackson, but he is much thicker/sturdier.

I'd think about him in the second, and not pass on him in the third or later. No way. You buy that flier. He had success in two offenses and is the best running back at QB. He drove defenses crazy in two leagues. Tua, a consensus #1 pick before injury, didn't beat him out until the last game of the season.

Strong, sturdy guy. I trust him to last longer than Lamar.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hurts sucks, can't read a defense or throw the ball

Fromm is a noodle arm and sucks.

Eason is a project

No fking way pace selects a qb in round 2 this year....

Ride or die with mitch and f/a signing like keenum/mariotta/Smith

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurts sucks, can't read a defense or throw the ball

Fromm is a noodle arm and sucks.

Eason is a project

No fking way pace selects a qb in round 2 this year....

Ride or die with mitch and f/a signing like keenum/mariotta/Smith
I'm down for one of those 3 FA and a flyer on hurts or Perry

coolio

Liked Posts:
I'm down for one of those 3 FA and a flyer on hurts or Perry

You want Perry to be a rb right? He's thrown 100 passes in his college career and has ran the ball like 3x more. If you're doing that you might aswell take Cole Mcdonald

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want a running QB that isn't afraid to run. If trubisky would like to change his mind that could be cool.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I just want a running QB that isn't afraid to run. If trubisky would like to change his mind that could be cool.

STFU

Malcom Perry...you've clearly never seen the guy play football.

He small, slow and cant throw and is undraftable....but yeah; let's pick him in round 4

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If we don't address the OL, we will more likely challenge the Lions for the NFCN basement, than make the playoffs.
Fixing the oline is key to the run game. But the biggest problem was a bad scheme and shit play calling. Our line is league average but made to look even worse by a inept staff. Imo.