Jim Hendry Bust or Great GM?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you realize we paid him to produce .257 with 12 home runs and 40 RBIs boned headed mistakes and back story we didn't need? And Carlos Silva? Seriously? Do you remember how that one ended? Only reason we got paid was because Silva was expensive and fucking sucked.

Meanwhile Adam Dunn during his two years in Washington produced:

.264/.378/.533 141OPS+ 76HR's 108 RBI's and only missed 7 games.

Man, the Cubs dodged a bullet there.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Adam Dunn during his two years in Washington produced:

.264/.378/.533 141OPS+ 76HR's 108 RBI's and only missed 7 games.

Man, the Cubs dodged a bullet there.

But but First Timer he has defense and stuff!

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Over Milton fucking Bradley? Yes. The dude was a fucking headcase. Nobody except for Jim beat my brain Hendry thought that Bradley would do as well over the course of 3 years as he did the year before he signed. Dunn on the other hand was a solid bat who would give you 30-100 seasons every year.

Bradley was not the only option. Ibanez was out there too.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bradley was not the only option. Ibanez was out there too.

We didn't sign Ibanez so he isn't even in this. Ibanez was the best option outside of his age, but Bradley was the worst option out of the 3. Dunn was the median with the big bat.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Do you realize we paid him to produce .257 with 12 home runs and 40 RBIs boned headed mistakes and back story we didn't need? And Carlos Silva? Seriously? Do you remember how that one ended? Only reason we got paid was because Silva was expensive and fucking sucked.

Gotcha.

And David DeJesus and the 20 less wins last year is an improvement?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotcha.

And David DeJesus and the 20 less wins last year is an improvement?

Holy shit are you an idiot. I think you may just be on D3A's level of stupidity. Were you expecting us to win 100 games? GO ahead and tell me how in a far far away universe the Cubs had a chance of having a winning record since Hendry was canned, and what it would of gotten us up to that point. Go ahead I'm waiting.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
We didn't sign Ibanez so he isn't even in this. Ibanez was the best option outside of his age, but Bradley was the worst option out of the 3. Dunn was the median with the big bat.

We didn't sign Dunn either. Are we just lambasting every move that Hendry made? Every GM has and still makes mistakes. Theo has made them, and will continue to make them. So will Hoyer. Get over it.

Bad money spent is bad money spent. Dunn would not have saved the Cubs either so the point is moot.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
We didn't sign Dunn either. Are we just lambasting every move that Hendry made? Every GM has and still makes mistakes. Theo has made them, and will continue to make them. So will Hoyer. Get over it.

Bad money spent is bad money spent. Dunn would not have saved the Cubs either so the point is moot.

:slap: I'm going off the discussion. Dunn would of been better and cheaper than Bradley was, that's it..

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Were you expecting us to win 100 games? GO ahead and tell me how in a far far away universe the Cubs had a chance of having a winning record since Hendry was canned, and what it would of gotten us up to that point. Go ahead I'm waiting.

Nope I didn't expect us to win 100 games right away.

A stupid comment that isn't worth discussing further.

And my expectations have been previously presented. I suggest you go read them.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope I didn't expect us to win 100 games right away.

A stupid comment that isn't worth discussing further.

And my expectations have been previously presented. I suggest you go read them.

Your opinion even if it was worth a damn wouldn't be worth the time to find. From my 1 day back on this forum you have to be the worst poster to date. I had more coherent arguments with D3A.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Your opinion even if it was worth a damn wouldn't be worth the time to find. From my 1 day back on this forum you have to be the worst poster to date. I had more coherent arguments with D3A.

Not really worried about the opinion of someone who believes losing 100 games in a season is doing the right thing.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really worried about the opinion of someone who believes losing 100 games in a season is doing the right thing.

Im a Sixers fan in NBA. Know what they do year in and year out? win 40 games barely make the playoffs get a mid round pick and rinse lather and repeat. Stuck in mediocrity. If they'd blow it up and start over they could do something different. Sorry if I'd rather have a few terrible seasons to have some really good ones instead of a few mediocre ones that leave me wondering what's next.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bradley only ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M I believe.

His salary was $5M for 2009 with a $3M bonus if I remember correctly.

The Cubs then actually got money from Seattle as well as Silva for the deal, so Bradley ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M for one season and yet people still want to whine about how 'bad' it was for the Cubs.

The Cubs were still within 2 games of first until August 8 when the wheels fell off.

The last two seasons the Cubs had no chance on Opening Day.

And somehow this is better?

Not an accurate way to look at it in perspective. We got Silva, yes, but we only got him because we needed to get rid of Bradley, not because he was a prized free agent. So, okay, 8 Million (was actually 9 Million) in 2009, plus what we paid Silva. Just because it went to another guy doesn't mean signing him didn't cost us that money.

So, in summary, the 9 million for Bradley, minus nine million from Seattle. Right now we're at an even 0, you are right. Then another 16 million for Silva to suck (I know, strong first half and all), still a waste of 16 Million, especially since Silva got released in the last year of that contract.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Thanks for the recognition as only being the 2nd worst. :yeah:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not an accurate way to look at it in perspective. We got Silva, yes, but we only got him because we needed to get rid of Bradley, not because he was a prized free agent. So, okay, 8 Million (was actually 9 Million) in 2009, plus what we paid Silva. Just because it went to another guy doesn't mean signing him didn't cost us that money.

So, in summary, the 9 million for Bradley, minus nine million from Seattle. Right now we're at an even 0, you are right. Then another 16 million for Silva to suck (I know, strong first half and all), still a waste of 16 Million, especially since Silva got released in the last year of that contract.
Where did you find these idiots? I feel like I'm bickering with D3A and his kids.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Where did you find these idiots? I feel like I'm bickering with D3A and his kids.

mountsalami brought them all, and d3a still argues the same shit... with @NotTomRicketts