Jim Hendry Bust or Great GM?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cubs werent the highest bidder for Fukudome. He chose them over a team that bid higher. Also, the reason Bradley was signed because Cubs fans were screaming for a left handed bat and him and Ibanez was the best choice. I can use revisionist history when I want as well.

Wrong. Dunn was a better option than both.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong. Dunn was a better option than both.

He is talking about Bradley being bad in the field and you wanted Dunn? HAha Dunn would have led the league in errors playing right in Wrigley.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is talking about Bradley being bad in the field and you wanted Dunn? HAha Dunn would have led the league in errors playing right in Wrigley.

If you are going to sign a bad fielder you might as well sign the consistently much better bat who hasn't been a complete malcontent his entire career. Dunn was the best LH bat available. I don't recall the part of your post I highlighted saying anything about "gloves".

On top of all this, Dunn would have cost 10 million dollars less.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Padres had a higher bid...because they desperately wanted Fukudome to replace Milton Bradley in RF.

Pretty ironic isn't it? Got stuck with both stiffs

sent from mars home of Ian Stewarts baseball skills using tapatalk

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fucking trolls.

Crybabies whine about Bradley's defense and then suggest Adam Dunn as the solution??

Really??

Troll on losers.
Where did I ever complain about Bradley's defense?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
If you are going to sign a bad fielder you might as well sign the consistently much better bat who hasn't been a complete malcontent his entire career. Dunn was the best LH bat available. I don't recall the part of your post I highlighted saying anything about "gloves".

On top of all this, Dunn would have cost 10 million dollars less.

There is a reason why he would have been 10 million less. Of course, playing RF in Wrigley has no bearing for a Toby Keith look-a-like, does it?

A GM should factor everything when making a decision. Speed, arm, defense, power, SO's OBP, Avg., etc.. The two best candidates that year with that criteria were Ibanez and Bradley.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking trolls.

Crybabies whine about Bradley's defense and then suggest Adam Dunn as the solution??

Really??

Troll on losers.

He's not even trolling. You misquote me in the last thread and still can't read. Dunn was the better bat and signed for LESS than Bradley. He never mentioned defense at all. Bradley blew on defense, so did Dunn so why not pick up the more consistent and bigger bat for less then a one hit wonder with mental problems? Pretty simple to understand.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a reason why he would have been 10 million less. Of course, playing RF in Wrigley has no bearing for a Toby Keith look-a-like, does it?

A GM should factor everything when making a decision. Speed, arm, defense, power, SO's OBP, Avg., etc.. The two best candidates that year with that criteria were Ibanez and Bradley.

That wasn't part of the statement made.

Unless I wasn't made aware that Dunn would have used his bat to play defense.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
That wasn't part of the statement made.

Unless I wasn't made aware that Dunn would have used his bat to play defense.

So you would simply take the best bat if you were GM, playing right field in one of the toughest places in baseball to play mostly day games simply because he was 10 million less?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you would simply take the best bat if you were GM, playing right field in one of the toughest places in baseball to play mostly day games simply because he was 10 million less?

Over Milton fucking Bradley? Yes. The dude was a fucking headcase. Nobody except for Jim beat my brain Hendry thought that Bradley would do as well over the course of 3 years as he did the year before he signed. Dunn on the other hand was a solid bat who would give you 30-100 seasons every year.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure you're able to follow this.

Someone said: Milton Bradley was the best LH bat available in FA that year.

I respond that he wasn't. Dunn was.

That's objectively true. That doesn't mean I'd sign Dunn end all be all. I'm correcting a mistake.

In order of the LH batting OF'er to sign taking all things into account Bradley would have been my last choice amongst the 3 of Ibanez, Dunn, and Bradley.

Over Milton fucking Bradley? Yes. The dude was a fucking headcase. Nobody except for Jim beat my brain Hendry thought that Bradley would do as well over the course of 3 years as he did the year before he signed. Dunn on the other hand was a solid bat who would give you 30-100 seasons every year.
On top of this, I think Hendry was the only GM offering Bradley a multiyear deal.

Last edited:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Dunn was the better bat and signed for LESS than Bradley.

Bradley only ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M I believe.

His salary was $5M for 2009 with a $3M bonus if I remember correctly.

The Cubs then actually got money from Seattle as well as Silva for the deal, so Bradley ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M for one season and yet people still want to whine about how 'bad' it was for the Cubs.

The Cubs were still within 2 games of first until August 8 when the wheels fell off.

The last two seasons the Cubs had no chance on Opening Day.

And somehow this is better?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I don't remember the crying part.

I do.

It is the multiple times you have cried and ran to tell the teacher by attempting to give me negative reputation feedback like a 3rd grade tattle tale.

No wonder you are willrust get along so well. He was the whiny little crybaby over on CBS.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do.

It is the multiple times you have cried and ran to tell the teacher by attempting to give me negative reputation feedback like a 3rd grade tattle tale.

No wonder you are willrust get along so well. He was the whiny little crybaby over on CBS.
I'm not sure you understand how reputation works. It's not tattling to anyone.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bradley only ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M I believe.

His salary was $5M for 2009 with a $3M bonus if I remember correctly.

The Cubs then actually got money from Seattle as well as Silva for the deal, so Bradley ended up costing the Cubs less than $8M for one season and yet people still want to whine about how 'bad' it was for the Cubs.

The Cubs were still within 2 games of first until August 8 when the wheels fell off.

The last two seasons the Cubs had no chance on Opening Day.

And somehow this is better?

Do you realize we paid him to produce .257 with 12 home runs and 40 RBIs boned headed mistakes and back story we didn't need? And Carlos Silva? Seriously? Do you remember how that one ended? Only reason we got paid was because Silva was expensive and fucking sucked.