Jim Hendry Bust or Great GM?

Willrust

Liked Posts:
You are talking about a guy that once said he would have no problem with his daughter dating Milton Bradley, just so he didn't have to admit being wrong.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So, in summary, the 9 million for Bradley, minus nine million from Seattle. Right now we're at an even 0, you are right. Then another 16 million for Silva to suck (I know, strong first half and all), still a waste of 16 Million, especially since Silva got released in the last year of that contract.

Better than the 18M paid to Volstad.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Which wouldn't have been necessary without Hendry's contract he gave Zambrano... and Volstad only got 2.65 Mill, he wasn't what was expensive, it was dumping Zambrano that was.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

wrong, because then it wasn't paid to Z. Anyone we got out of literally DUMPING Z was a plus. The dude had ZERO value at all. Headcase plus quitter doesn't bode well with possible suiters. And for you to sit there and think we should of kept him is a tribute to your stupidity on how many chances he had and failed.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Which wouldn't have been necessary without Hendry's contract he gave Zambrano... and Volstad only got 2.65 Mill, he wasn't what was expensive, it was dumping Zambrano that was.

The team would have been better off keeping Zambrano than paying both he and Volstad.

Zambrano might have been a zero, but Volstad was a -10. He was perhaps the absolute worst pitcher in baseball last year.

Anyone dumb enough to defend Volstad clearly knows zip about baseball.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Oh please.

People act like Zambrano is the first player ever in history to be frustrated after a bad performance and talk about retiring.

Too bad your poster boy Castro looks like he couldn't care less about winning as long as he can collect his money and bring back drunk girls to his apartment to take advantage of.

This team could use a lot of the competitive fire Zambrano had.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh please.

People act like Zambrano is the first player ever in history to be frustrated after a bad performance and talk about retiring.

Too bad your poster boy Castro looks like he couldn't care less about winning as long as he can collect his money and bring back drunk girls to his apartment to take advantage of.

And this is the part where you have lost all brownie point in your argument.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Cubs werent the highest bidder for Fukudome. He chose them over a team that bid higher. Also, the reason Bradley was signed because Cubs fans were screaming for a left handed bat and him and Ibanez was the best choice. I can use revisionist history when I want as well.

^This

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Oh please.

Where are the facts?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Above average and he provided the best run of baseball the team had seen in about a century.

That is more of a comment on how pitiful the Cubs have been then any greatness of the Hendry era. Outspent the Cardinals virtually his entire run as GM and they consistently kicked our ass.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Where are the facts?

How many times has he forgotten how many outs in an inning there are???

How many times has he been benched or threatened to be benched for lack of hustle??

Wake up.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How many times has he forgotten how many outs in an inning there are???

How many times has he been benched or threatened to be benched for lack of hustle??

Wake up.

And that equals not caring?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
That is more of a comment on how pitiful the Cubs have been then any greatness of the Hendry era. Outspent the Cardinals virtually his entire run as GM and they consistently kicked our ass.

The Cardinals have outperformed 95% of baseball over the last 15-20 years.

So because a guy didn't match the performance of the top 5% makes him a failure??

I would wager that Hendry's three playoff trips in nine years would place him in at least the top 1/3 during that time span. I would be surprised if more than 7-8 teams made 3 or more playoff trips in that period. Maybe I am wrong.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Not hustling??

Yep, that is pretty much the textbook definition.

Are we in freaking bizzaro world or something??

Depends, what are you on?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Depends, what are you on?

Whatever you are on that thinks that not hustling is the sign of a player that cares, I need some of it because the Scotch isn't cutting it right now apparently.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Whatever you are on that thinks that not hustling is the sign of a player that cares, I need some of it because the Scotch isn't cutting it right now apparently.

That's just like, your opinion bro.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cardinals have outperformed 95% of baseball over the last 15-20 years.

So because a guy didn't match the performance of the top 5% makes him a failure??

I would wager that Hendry's three playoff trips in nine years would place him in at least the top 1/3 during that time span. I would be surprised if more than 7-8 teams made 3 or more playoff trips in that period. Maybe I am wrong.
If you exclude 2002 when he took over in 2002, Hendry's team's put together 10 more wins than losses. Sorry my standards are higher given the resources that Hendry had compared to the rest of the division. I want to be the Cardinals, and as I said before being the best GM in Cubs history is the definition of a tallest midget contest. I mean his only real competition is what Dallas Green?

If Theo makes the playoffs 3 times in the next decade will that make his tenure a success?