Jimmy Butler calls out Hoiberg, says Fred needs to be tougher

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think Butler shows ability to be "the guy" aka the #1 option on this team currently, but he is definitely not Superstar worthy, thus isn't capable of being the best player on a championship team. Perhaps he continues to grow, but I've yet to see much Superstar ability in him.

He's a perfect number 2, IMO. If rose never got hurt they would be a perfect duo.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy doesn't have "it" its hard to put it into words but it easy to see and Jimmy doesn't have it

Rose did

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Jimmy is an amazing player but like a couple of the guys have said, he's just not breaking into that top-tier elite level. He's a great #2, and he could develop some more, but as far as Durants and Lebrons and Currys and Westbrooks go, we're yet to see that "it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The main thing Jimmy could get better at is his 3 pt shooting. It was actually pretty damned good last season, and it would really help with his efficiency and overall impact. Although, he would just be a bit closer to that 1st tier franchise player, but still not on that level. I would like to see him post up more this year too. I feel he's good enough down there to utilize it more than he does.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
ok scoring 40 in a half is def some of that IT factor

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely disagree. Butler has been showing lately, that he:

Can iso his man, and get it done at the rim, crashing on 2 to 3 defenders in the paint, and finishing strong at the rim-the recent games against Detroit and Indiana gave prime examples (did you see how badly he crossed George? Jimmy has shown a large toolbag of shots, fade aways, hooks, range, off glass etc-but now he has a legit crossover? He, up until this season, played his best offensive basketball away from the ball...cutting, and catching and shooting But now he is deadly with the ball in his hand-scoring, creating, and not turning the ball over) He also knows how to draw contact, and get his way to the stripe. He can post up every guard in the game, and unless they have help, he will abuse them. EVERY guard. He can post up every 3 in the game with ease, save LeBron, and Leonard-but he still will win as much as he loses there.

Physically, he has the potential to be the most dominant 2 guard in the league since a prime Kobe (not saying that he is going to be as good as Kobe, but physically the potential is there to be the best 2 since Kobe was in his top form.

He should be the first option on offense. His efficiency is holding strong, even with his usage increasing. Dude is strong as an ox, and is balling...plus, he would look like a shiny god in the Triangle.

He is becoming a legit Star in front of our eyes. Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dwayne Wade?

czman

Liked Posts:
ok scoring 40 in a half is def some of that IT factor

Jamal Crawford has three 50 point games. he is not leading a team to a ring. Don't over blow one game in a long regular season. Butler is not good enough to be the best player on a team that wins a ring. He might not be good enough to be the second best player unless the team is the Spurs and he would be 3rd best on that team.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dwayne Wade?
He is bigger and stronger than Wade, as well as more durable. He has a higher ceiling than Wade.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Jamal Crawford has three 50 point games. he is not leading a team to a ring. Don't over blow one game in a long regular season. Butler is not good enough to be the best player on a team that wins a ring. He might not be good enough to be the second best player unless the team is the Spurs and he would be 3rd best on that team.

He's definitely good enough to be the 2nd best on a championship team. I mean, there's so few 1st tier superstars, it's no slight to say Jimmy isn't on that level. He's close and that's very impressive.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
He is bigger and stronger than Wade, as well as more durable. He has a higher ceiling than Wade.

might want to pull back a bit saying hes got a higher ceiling than a top 3 SG of all time

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lol, D Wade is one of the greatest of all time. He put a team on his back and won a championship at 24. Butler is no where near the player Wade was when he was his age. That is just straight homerism. Wade is 3 time nba champion and a first ballot HOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade is a top 3 SG of all time
False. I am glad that this board was not around in the 80's and 90's. If it were, I would have to read posts about how Jordan was a step or 2 beneath Magic and Bird, and only marginally better than Starks.

We watch Butler make George his bitch. Single handedly push the Pistons to 4 OTs, and break one of MJ's records earlier tonight, by being flat out dominant...and we are going to sit and call him a second tier player? I can't for the life in me figure out why, save a case for the grass is always greener.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade put a still dominant Shaq and LeBron on his back?

ROFL.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So pick one. Wade is better than,

Erving?
Jordan?
Bryant?

If not, how can he be a top 3 all time 2 guard?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

ROFL.

yeah Wade only averaged 35-8-4-3-1 and won Finals MVP ROFL

he would have won another FMVP if Bron didn't bitch out in 2011

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

ROFL.

Yes, a still dominant Shaq that played in 59 games in '06 and was his worse year since he entered the league at age 33. He also scored a touch above 18 a game in the playoffs. Wade, oh he just has a meesly 28 during that run and carried the Heat and became a superstar at the same time.

I really hope you are trolling because this argument is no where near close.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So pick one. Wade is better than,

Erving?
Jordan?
Bryant?

If not, how can he be a top 3 all time 2 guard?

Even is you want to argue he isn't top 3. Butler isn't top 100. What is going on here?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah Wade only averaged 35-8-4-3-1 and won Finals MVP ROFL

he would have won another FMVP if Bron didn't bitch out in 2011

I would thank your post but it won't let me,

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even is you want to argue he isn't top 3. Butler isn't top 100. What is going on here?
Poor reading comprehension is whats going on here. Does Butler physically have a higher ceiling than Wade? Yes.

We are watching Butler's game grow. If he reaches his physical potential, he will be the most dominant 2 guard since a prime Kobe. But hey, lets not appreciate what is happening on this team.