Joe Maddon Coming to Cubs?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isnt and he troll's as much as he dont want to say it or at least admit it. He can talk ball when he drops the Cubs hate. He also doesnt go to far on the personal attacks. I will only close a thread if people start being crazy stalkers or start a thread just to shit on the Cubs with no facts to back it up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who cares if Brett feels like Rick got shafted. He is getting paid and proved that he can coach up youth. I'm not sold on his whole package but that takes time. He should get another gig. Twins would be a prime spot with their youth upwelling and small market.

Cubs are big market playing small market games during a overhaul. About time shit started to get serous.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems like we have some young talent panning out. It seems like we just signed a top notch manager (yea, I know... Monday). It seems like we have some funds to pick up some pitching talent. Seems like we might actually do something next season. Or am I all wrong?

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
lol at a thought of a thread closing because of bretts posts. whats next perm ban any cub fan that doesnt sip the kool aid....oh wait that has happened already.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Who's Brett? ..... why is it that Cubs fans have to be "sipping Kool Aid" to be excited that they are signing arguably the best manager in the game? Sounds like sour grapes in your Kool Aid my man.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's Brett? ..... why is it that Cubs fans have to be "sipping Kool Aid" to be excited that they are signing arguably the best manager in the game? Sounds like sour grapes in your Kool Aid my man.

lol what. it has been going on well before maddon signing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Who cares if Brett feels like Rick got shafted. He is getting paid and proved that he can coach up youth. I'm not sold on his whole package but that takes time. He should get another gig. Twins would be a prime spot with their youth upwelling and small market.
I dont think one year proves it.

That said Pau Molitor got the job

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It seems like we have some young talent panning out. It seems like we just signed a top notch manager (yea, I know... Monday). It seems like we have some funds to pick up some pitching talent. Seems like we might actually do something next season. Or am I all wrong?
I think you are right

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
lol what. it has been going on well before maddon signing.

So let me get this straight. The Cubs have rebuilt the team in year 3 of their 4 year rebuild. They've built one of the best farm systems in baseball. They are being touted as one of the better FO's in baseball. They've successfully introduced many young future stars to the big leagues. They've built a pretty good bullpen with some closers that did very well.

They've finally gotten the approval to renovate Wrigley field. They've put themselves in a good financial position to sign top FA's. They've added one of the best managers in baseball. They equaled the Sox win loss record. In conclusion, they've done exactly what they said they'd do 3 years ago. Yet, Cubs fans are wrong for "sipping the Kool Aid"?

Come on man.... really?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
class? how about winning a title? I hope you hold your breath for that.

White Sox - 6 Pennants
Cubs - 16 Pennants

Say what you want about the Cubs, but we've never had a group of players take money in exchange for throwing a series. But if that's classy to you, more power to ya!