Just ask yourself this question

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Ok, he spent what to move up one spot? This year's 3rd basically? I'm good with that. Floyd has looked like a great player when healthy. I'm good with that. Whites a bust. I get it, shit happens. Amos in the 5th. Starter. Whitehare in the 2nd. Starter. Goldman. Starter. Howard. Stud. Eddie Jackson. Stud Cohen, Shaheen future studs. But yeah, Pace is terrible at bringing in talent.

Okay. I would love to know how you came to the conclusion about Shaheen and Cohen being future studs. I hope your right, but until they prove it, i wouldn't be making such declarations. You may also want to check your facts about what we gave up to move up one spot. We Gave up our 3rd pick and 4th pick in last years draft as well as the third pick in this years draft. So you are ok with that? Sounds like a high price to move and grab somebody you most likely could have gotten by standing pat. If they miss out on Mitch, they could have had a different QB with some upside, namely Watson.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This franchise was already in the toilet when Pace got here. We were losing games by 50 and losing locker rooms. The team was old and close to cap hell. Things are so much better now. Try not to judge on record alone. Any GM we hired would have had this record or worse.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Okay. I would love to know how you came to the conclusion about Shaheen and Cohen being future studs. I hope your right, but until they prove it, i wouldn't be making such declarations. You may also want to check your facts about what we gave up to move up one spot. We Gave up our 3rd pick and 4th pick in last years draft as well as the third pick in this years draft. So you are ok with that?

Yeah, but aren't you glad that Pace identifies a guy and is willing to spend to get him?
I mean do you want a GM who'll NEVER do that and only wait for his turn hoping to be lucky?
I like that he's got balls. He might miss, but it's better striking out swinging.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
So by disagreeing with that thought you believe That pace is doing a decent job?

No....he (like the rest of us) believes pace hasn't been with our bears for 5 years. Thats two pretty big errors to go unnoticed, and unchecked. You're owning it alright.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So by disagreeing with that thought you believe That pace is doing a decent job?

I disagree that he has been with the Bears for 5 years...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would make the Trubisky trade again today, again tomorrow, and everyday after that.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace deserves a fair amount of abuse.

-His free agent spending has been bad
-His first draft only produced 2 players
-Whatever part he had in the John Fox hiring

But at the same time I am very happy with the Nagy hiring. Even if he doesn't work out the thought process was solid and at least he is trying to join the 21st century of football.

His last 2 drafts have been good. He dropped his balls and went for it at QB and the kid looks like he can play. He has done well in the 4th and 5th rounds of the draft where I think GMs separate themselves.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace deserves a fair amount of abuse.

-His free agent spending has been bad
-His first draft only produced 2 players
-Whatever part he had in the John Fox hiring

But at the same time I am very happy with the Nagy hiring. Even if he doesn't work out the thought process was solid and at least he is trying to join the 21st century of football.

His last 2 drafts have been good. He dropped his balls and went for it at QB and the kid looks like he can play. He has done well in the 4th and 5th rounds of the draft where I think GMs separate themselves.

Before we all start jumping off the bridge can we wait and see what Nagy can do with our OF talent? As well as letting Fangio do his thing?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
no doubt pace has made mistakes.......

But he is the first GM in forever that has drafted a true top tier potential QB. He has brought in some blue chip players as well.

I think he sticks to his financial guns a little too much on free agents. Although he has found a few good free agents that have have played very key roles on the team.

Pace was not responsible for bringing in Fox. Anyone who thinks Fox is a Pace guy is insane. Nagy is really what Pace is about, if it works out that the Bears will contend for playoff spots/division titles over the next 4 years then it was a successful hire.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mod click bait during doldrums?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Jeez , one lousy mistake and I am on everybody's ignore list. Was I that far from the truth? If you think I am completely missing the mark, then explain yourself. Point out the errors of my logic. Just don't call me a Fucktard and leave it at that. Call me a fucktard then rake me over the coals with your argument. I can accept that. If you don't learn from your mistakes and own them, then you are wasting time.

I'm quick on the ignore button but I can't turn away from a train wreck like this. I've ignored the people bashing a rookie QB because that has to be trolling. Ripping on Pace for hiring Trestman? LOL.

If you had made a few line mistake that would be worth going through but a bunch of text like that with a sampling like I saw no thanks. I'll say:
Pace has done OK. He's basically on his first coaching staff. The last one was pushed on him as was the QB. He failed on White but nobody could see that coming, the rest of his drafting has been pretty good.
Since he's had a head start to get all his pieces in place I expect big improvements fast. If not he may end up on my shit list.

You do know Cohen was voted NFCN rookie of the year right? Shaheen I'll wait to judge because of his draft position, but Cohen was a steal, Pace made every other GM in the league look like a fool for missing him for that many rounds.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
He didn't have a say in Trestman's hiring, cause it was Emery's, smart guy. stopped right there.
Yup. Soon as I saw that, I knew the person posting was an escaped mental patient, and didn't bother with the rest of the insanity.

What's the point when the OP demonstrates he doesn't even have a firm grasp on reality?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I really give up. If you are going to be an idiot troll at least get basic facts right.

Guys who destroyed the Bears

1. Phil Emery

He sucked at his job and hired Marc Trestman.

2. Marc Trestman

He was such a disaster he was fired after 2 years and essentially wasted 2 years.

3. Ted Phillips

Hired Phil Emery

4. Jay Cutler

Never raised the franchise the way that he was suppose to and never became the rally the franchise leader.

5. Jerry Angelo

His drafting fell off the face of the Earth after 2008.
Nailed it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yup. Soon as I saw that, I knew the person posting was an escaped mental patient, and didn't bother with the rest of the insanity.

What's the point when the OP demonstrates he doesn't even have a firm grasp on reality?

At least he actually literally owned his mistake unlike someone who makes up fake tweets and then gets called out on it and then disappears and comes back only to pretend like it never happened.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
This being your first thread on here as a new member, you might be better off just deleting the entire thread. Don't want this to be the first impression of you lol js

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk
Too late