Just ask yourself this question

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt. I should know.

Okay, I read a bit since first few posts & like to that OP for owning up to the mistake. I've been called a Pace lover, but it's more of being objective of all the other facts vs. simply laying blanket blame on the GM.

I'll still defend Pace and you'll see the results soon enough with:

A) Good, not average, not shitty coaches (handcuffs off)

B) More than under 50% starters not on IR,

C) Easier than the #1 hardest strength of schedule

D) High draft picks w/ another & flexibility for BPA & fill holes/depth

E) Tons of cap room and a Pace who won't get sucked into handcuffing with inflated long term deals

F) Mitch with full off-season as #1

G) Return & adding of competent WRs

H) ...more reasons for optimism I'm sure I've posted already elsewhere.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Why should I take advice from a self-professed fool? ;)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Well I never promised to know all the answers, I'd be lying if I did. But I think I can spot a GM's failures. Who knows, maybe he will right the ship, but based on his past failures, I am not hopeful. I believe in second chances, just not third and fourth chances. Maybe i am being impatient, unforgiving, and unrealistic. Maybe the new coach will save his bacon. He might have a great next draft. Maybe Mitch will turn into a better pro then Watson. If this all happens I will sing his praises and would cheer an extension, but until then I shall remain skeptical.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6. ryan pace
Poor drafting, fa signings, trades and worst record of the three. Purged talented players and replaced them with hot garbage. Coaching hire with fox was the worst of the three.

:cmonman:

This again? You clearly don't understand how complete rebuilds work.

1) Moving on from overpaid, overplayed, and disgruntled "I don't want to be here" vets, is how complete rebuilds work.

2) Replace with non-restrictive 1 year, low risk keep or dump guys to temporarily fill holes & field a team as drafts stack up is how complete rebuilds work.

3) You get the fact that the dufuses upstairs already hired a consultant and decided on Trestman before Pace was hired?

Or do you seriously think Pace really had Trestman in his pocket, pre-interviewed AND convinced McKaskeys & pals to hire a CFL guy literally 3 days after just being hired himself? You're smarter than that.

This has all been discussed ad nasuim. Let's get excited about next year without the need for Kool-Aid for once.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well I never promised to know all the answers, I'd be lying if I did. But I think I can spot a GM's failures. Who knows, maybe he will right the ship, but based on his past failures, I am not hopeful. I believe in second chances, just not third and fourth chances. Maybe i am being impatient, unforgiving, and unrealistic. Maybe the new coach will save his bacon. He might have a great next draft. Maybe Mitch will turn into a better pro then Watson. If this all happens I will sing his praises and would cheer an extension, but until then I shall remain skeptical.

Ahh...so this is all because you liked Watson over Trubisky....

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jeez , one lousy mistake and I am on everybody's ignore list. Was I that far from the truth? If you think I am completely missing the mark, then explain yourself. Point out the errors of my logic. Just don't call me a Fucktard and leave it at that. Call me a fucktard then rake me over the coals with your argument. I can accept that. If you don't learn from your mistakes and own them, then you are wasting time.

You made more than one mistake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

By all means, be skeptical. 100% understandable since results haven't shown up as strings of Ws. Besides that there have been improvements. (see link to top 10 stats)

:) Check my previous post #103 with tons of objective reasons for the losses & why those won't be a prob in 2018.

Actually I left out the part about how 6 of their losses were all by a TD or less btw & the fact they had a top 10 Defense with 1/2 the original starters on IR by years end.

Also - all these top 10 stats DESPITE all the shitty things that went on in 2017: http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94172-Bears-top-ten-in-categories-from-chicagobears-com

---------------------
Blanket blaming and finger pointing as if it's judgement day before things are able to play out does no good except to piss in everybody's Cheerios.

GOAT, you seem rational enough, which is more than some here. Most of us are pissed about another losing year & I agree that is sucks to "wait & see" yet again, but that's how complete rebuilds work. Especially given the setbacks explained above.

We'll each just have to find another hobby til the draft. FA will probably be slow and probably piss off some if not a spending spree or if heaven forbid some other teams overpay and overcommit for vets. There WILL be a few key additions though, I have no doubt.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Go for it. You will be joined by me if turn out to be wrong. which I am very hopeful of.

You're not getting it....

Let's use an analogy.

I say I don't like the KKK because they're racist white supremists.

You say you don't like them either, and then say because they aren't accepting new members.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're not getting it....

Let's use an analogy.

I say I don't like the KKK because they're racist white supremists.

You say you don't like them either, and then say because they aren't accepting new members.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Seriously? Do you re-read after typing things out?

Being cautiously optimistic and willing to admit one is wrong makes you a turncoat KKK pledge? :thinking:

GOAT never said he didn't like the Bears or Pace because of who they were. He's blaming Pace for not winning & wants them to win. You're comparison is totally off.

But if you want to use your analogy appropriately then...

"IF the KKK stopped being white supremacists and started doing community service for all races"... sure, I bet he'd be willing to accept them and join.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Ahh...so this is all because you liked Watson over Trubisky....

Not entirely, He has made other mistakes, but that did not help his cause with me. I mean if that was his only failure, I would say yes he deserves another chance. But I am seeing a pattern of failures (admittedly not as long as i thought), that are beginning to chafe. Now watching other teams go from worst to first in a single season makes me ask why Pace hasn't even come close to that kind of progress. Maybe he is just one of the unluckiest gm's in the league. If that is it, then maybe his luck will change with the new coaches. But it could also be he doesn't have the tools to be gm in this league, and if that is the case, he should be gone. I just hope we are not wasting time on a bad GM.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not entirely, He has made other mistakes, but that did not help his cause with me. I mean if that was his only failure, I would say yes he deserves another chance. But I am seeing a pattern of failures (admittedly not as long as i thought), that are beginning to chafe. Now watching other teams go from worst to first in a single season makes me ask why Pace hasn't even come close to that kind of progress. Maybe he is just one of the unluckiest gm's in the league. If that is it, then maybe his luck will change with the new coaches. But it could also be he doesn't have the tools to be gm in this league, and if that is the case, he should be gone. I just hope we are not wasting time on a bad GM.

Or it could be the Bears issues were bigger than those other teams were...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Seriously? Do you re-read after typing things out?

Being cautiously optimistic and willing to admit one is wrong makes you a turncoat KKK pledge? :thinking:

GOAT never said he didn't like the Bears or Pace because of who they were. He's blaming Pace for not winning & wants them to win. You're comparison is totally off.

But if you want to use your analogy appropriately then...

"IF the KKK stopped being white supremacists and started doing community service for all races"... sure, I bet he'd be willing to accept them and join.

My point was we hold the same opinion on Pace. But mine is based on reality and facts.

His is fucking stupid.

Sorry that flew over your head.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
You made more than one mistake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess what. I am probably gonna make more. if you are that disappointed in my posting them hit the ignore button, which you may have already done.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Guess what. I am probably gonna make more. if you are that disappointed in my posting them hit the ignore button, which you may have already done.

Man, for a newb and not an alt, you sure know your way around the site....