Justin Fields: Andy Dalton has completely taken me under his wing.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wtf are you talking about. Your posts in this thread are quite possibly the worst posts I’ve seen on any fan message board. A qb isn’t going to teach another qb mechanics on throwing the ball. I don’t know why I’m responding to such and idiot of a poster. You fucking suck.
Well that was stupid.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wtf are you talking about. Your posts in this thread are quite possibly the worst posts I’ve seen on any fan message board. A qb isn’t going to teach another qb mechanics on throwing the ball. I don’t know why I’m responding to such and idiot of a poster. You fucking suck.
Who teaches a quarterback mechanics? A fucking running back?

“Legendary football quarterback Peyton Manning teaches all the fundamentals of being a good passer. Peyton shows how to grip the football, how to throw a spiral and how to be a consistent passer.”

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, we might be splitting hairs here. I don’t disagree that he might be an O.K. one-year stopgap. I’m just saying, he’s not good.

And I’m not suggesting the Bears should’ve kept Trubisky, but I don’t think Dalton is much of an upgrade.

I think his good years from Cincy are gone. I don’t think they’re coming back. The numbers seem to bear that out, but if folks disagree, that’s fine.
Dalton doesn't need to be a better player than Mitch, he needs to understand why he's doing the things he's doing, even if he can't execute some physical things as well. It's more about being able to run the concepts than about pure ability. Mitch had the tools to do anything outside that tool of a brane. No one will ever learn much about X's and O's or the finer points of the position from him. The best coaches have very rarely been top players.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, we might be splitting hairs here. I don’t disagree that he might be an O.K. one-year stopgap. I’m just saying, he’s not good.

And I’m not suggesting the Bears should’ve kept Trubisky, but I don’t think Dalton is much of an upgrade.

I think his good years from Cincy are gone. I don’t think they’re coming back. The numbers seem to bear that out, but if folks disagree, that’s fine.

Possible.

But ill give him a pass for last season. New team, no training camp to get acclimated. He did end up playing better as the games went on

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should have hired whichever coach at Ohio State (Corey Dennis?) that was responsible for Fields success there. Just to work exclusively with Fields

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Bears should have hired whichever coach at Ohio State (Corey Dennis?) that was responsible for Fields success there. Just to work exclusively with Fields
Completely and udderly unnecessary because Fields hemselve is the reason why he was successful and literally owned his own success it's not like he needs to be coddled with his own personal coach from high-school or college to literally be the guy he already has become but whatever hire whoever but just saying!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I have heard a lot about Andy being a good team mate, but that does not make him a good coach…..his experience might be helpful in situational teaching, but I hope he is not trying to teach Justin Mechanics

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Glad to hear it. It's early, but it doesn't sound like Dalton is as big of a weirdo as Mike Glennon was about it "being his year" despite the fact that he knew full well that Trubisky was waiting in the wings to take his job.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure that coach Flip is the one actually working with Fields on any mechanics issues. I know that I have read several times over the years that Flip is one of the better qb coaches and really works on footwork. There are probably also some tweaks with the throwing motion, but so much starts with the footwork and base that I think more of the focus goes there initially.

The impression I got from a couple of Nagy interviews is more than Dalton is just answering questions and likely giving advice on cadence/huddle stuff, reads, film study, etc. I mean, I suppose he could be giving some advice on mechanics too but I would be surprised to find that to be the case.

BriGuy

Liked Posts:
Who teaches a quarterback mechanics? A fucking running back?

“Legendary football quarterback Peyton Manning teaches all the fundamentals of being a good passer. Peyton shows how to grip the football, how to throw a spiral and how to be a consistent passer.”
A fucking QB coach dumbass. And an example of a qb showing other qbs mechanics is Peyton Manning? That’s your answer for Dalton working on Fields mechanics? Man if Peyton can do it I guess any starting qb can. Fucking genius

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Dalton doesn't need to be a better player than Mitch, he needs to understand why he's doing the things he's doing, even if he can't execute some physical things as well. It's more about being able to run the concepts than about pure ability. Mitch had the tools to do anything outside that tool of a brane. No one will ever learn much about X's and O's or the finer points of the position from him. The best coaches have very rarely been top players.
I mean, when you throw down the trash talk and then fail to spell it correctly....

yikes.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A fucking QB coach dumbass. And an example of a qb showing other qbs mechanics is Peyton Manning? That’s your answer for Dalton working on Fields mechanics? Man if Peyton can do it I guess any starting qb can. Fucking genius
You are the dumbass.no that’s my example that a fucking quarterback does teach another fucking quarterback mechanics because your stupid ass thinks it’s the punter. . Fucking Einstein jr.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I've always wondered how the union reacts to this kind of thing. Anyone's who has been a union employee, particularly in the public sector (which obviously the NFLPA is not), knows that when guys start going "above and beyond" like this it is an almost surefire way to get the union massively pissed off.

Its great he's doing it, but its also a precedent that I guarantee the players don't want to see set.

Most of the top players put in some extra work at the facility especially early on in their careers .Especially when you are talking film study and things of that nature because you cant do any actual drills with the coaches anyway

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always wondered how the union reacts to this kind of thing. Anyone's who has been a union employee, particularly in the public sector (which obviously the NFLPA is not), knows that when guys start going "above and beyond" like this it is an almost surefire way to get the union massively pissed off.

Its great he's doing it, but its also a precedent that I guarantee the players don't want to see set.
Yeah but people, specifically QBs and receivers, get together in the off-season all the time to toss the rock around. What I'm unsure of is if he will be able to do it at the Bears facility or not. I'd keep an eye out on the fields of local high schools in the Northwest burbs with good fields (well covered with grass, even with no holes or divats, preferrably something slightly longer), there's a good chance you'll run into him there.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also maybe not thread-worthy, but here's (yet another) Justin Fields film review if you, like me, are procrastinating mowing the lawn in 90+ degree heat.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, when you throw down the trash talk and then fail to spell it correctly....

yikes.
Get your brane up to speed and don't be a PreMadonna.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Liked Posts:
You are the dumbass.no that’s my example that a fucking quarterback does teach another fucking quarterback mechanics because your stupid ass thinks it’s the punter. . Fucking Einstein jr.
Lmfao. I believe I said earlier that if anyone is going to change a qbs mechanics it’s a qb coach. Not a player that is on a one year deal that has participated in what? 6-8 total practices. There’s literally dozens of other things a qb can help a rookie with after practice without screwing with his mechanics.