Justin Fields: Andy Dalton has completely taken me under his wing.

BriGuy

Liked Posts:
He won’t let up. Believe me, he is the dumbest poster you’ve ever seen on any message board. He gets proven wrong over and over again and never gives in. He’s a troll. A really dumb troll.
I don’t get it. How is it possible that anyone on the planet thinks coaches of a professional football team is leaving it up to a guy they just signed and has a total of 6-8 practices with this organization is going to teach their prized rookie qb mechanics?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t get it. How is it possible that anyone on the planet thinks coaches of a professional football team is leaving it up to a guy they just signed and has a total of 6-8 practices with this organization is going to teach their prized rookie qb mechanics?
You would have to ask Fields and Dalton

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Idk what’s more sad, the fact that the guy who now has been labeled the dumbest poster someone has seen on any message board by multiple people in the span of two or three days, thinks Andy Dalton is now teaching Justin Fields mechanics instead of his QB coach JDF or HC and former QB Matt Nagy. Or that Leo is so desperate to create this super tag team of stupidity and with OP, that he actually gives the ultimate outlier QB Peyton Manning as an example of a QB who teaches mechanics. Not only that, the quote is pulled from some article that I imagine is aimed towards youth QBs. Basic Throwing Mechanics: with Peyton Manning | TeamSnap

Nice google job, Leo.

There are a lot of intelligent but shitty QBs that can teach mechanics. Turn on ESPN and day of the week and you’ll find one giving hot takes. This does not mean Andy Dalton is now responsible for the development of Justin Fields. Awful fucking take and even worse follow up by Leo. we need a dunce section of the forum for these bottom of the barrel type morons.
I don't think I could have said it better myself

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
From the article linked in the OP

"I was throwing extra after practice, and he stayed out there specifically just to see maybe what I was doing wrong and he was just trying to help me out. He’s been a huge help for sure.”

Maybe some people should have read the article

Obviously, Dalton is teaching Fields mechanics
1. The phrase, “throwing extra after practice”, is generic. Could be anything.

2. If it was a mechanics session, well, so what? Is there something specific about Dalton’s technique that you think has held him back?

3. Fields isn’t about to completely overhaul his motion at this point as he’s got too much other shit on his plate right now. Maybe after the season he makes some tweaks, but cleaning up footwork and working on the qb/center exchange is probably as far as he goes right now.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. The phrase, “throwing extra after practice”, is generic. Could be anything.

2. If it was a mechanics session, well, so what? Is there something specific about Dalton’s technique that you think has held him back?

3. Fields isn’t about to completely overhaul his motion at this point as he’s got too much other shit on his plate right now. Maybe after the season he makes some tweaks, but cleaning up footwork and working on the qb/center exchange is probably as far as he goes right now.
1...Throwing is throwing= mechanics= the last things he needs advice from Dalton on.
2...Dalton sucks..Trubisky had a better year.
3...Your opinion, and it doesn't matter

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here’s a scouting report on Dalton from 2011 where his mechanics are complimented.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here’s a scouting report from Bucky Brooks from last season. Again, a strength was his accuracy and footwork.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here’s a scouting report from Bucky Brooks from last season. Again, a strength was his accuracy and footwork.

"From a critical standpoint, Dalton struggles when he is unable to play on schedule. He becomes an erratic throw when the pocket collapses and he lacks the explosive athleticism and creativity to make plays on the move. If opponents are able to create persistent pressure within the pocket, particularly up the gut, Dalton has a tough time evading the rush and delivering accurate passes.
At this stage of his career, the veteran needs rock-solid protection in front of him and dynamic pass catchers on the perimeter to be effective."

Weaknesses:
  • B/B+ Arm Talent
  • Erratic thrower from a muddy pocket
  • Limited improvisational playmaking ability

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"From a critical standpoint, Dalton struggles when he is unable to play on schedule. He becomes an erratic throw when the pocket collapses and he lacks the explosive athleticism and creativity to make plays on the move. If opponents are able to create persistent pressure within the pocket, particularly up the gut, Dalton has a tough time evading the rush and delivering accurate passes.
At this stage of his career, the veteran needs rock-solid protection in front of him and dynamic pass catchers on the perimeter to be effective."

Weaknesses:
  • B/B+ Arm Talent
  • Erratic thrower from a muddy pocket
  • Limited improvisational playmaking ability
All true and why I'm not a fan. Still better than Foles or Mitch when protected or even from that muddy pocket. He's not talking to Fields about muddy pocket protocols and more about how to try an avoid those. I wouldn't elevate his arm to a B+ either. Line will need to protect. I expect Nagy to start the opener with quick hitters and then take a shot when the D creeps up and/if the OL finds an equilibrium.

Dalton is a gamer that tries to do too much when things break down. Risk taker that better fits Nagy's aggressiveness but it will be feast or famine until Fields arrives.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All true and why I'm not a fan. Still better than Foles or Mitch when protected or even from that muddy pocket. He's not talking to Fields about muddy pocket protocols and more about how to try an avoid those. I wouldn't elevate his arm to a B+ either. Line will need to protect. I expect Nagy to start the opener with quick hitters and then take a shot when the D creeps up and/if the OL finds an equilibrium.

Dalton is a gamer that tries to do too much when things break down. Risk taker that better fits Nagy's aggressiveness but it will be feast or famine until Fields arrives.
All I can go on regarding Dalton and Mitch is what Mitch stated in the article in the OP.. Dalton schooling him on throwing scares me

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I can go on regarding Dalton and Mitch is what Mitch stated in the article in the OP.. Dalton schooling him on throwing scares me
'Do as I say and not as I do' works fine for me. Motto of teachers forever.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what it's worth there's no real clarification to what JF1 was referring to. There IS speculation that it's the elbow (throwing arm). SPECULATION is if he can lower it a tad he's going to get the ball out even faster than he already does and lessen the risk of eventual injury to the elbow.

It's not out of the ordinary for a guy who's been in the league to give advice and tips to someone who's never taken a NFL snap. Highly doubt he's become "coach Andy" and is correcting anything, he's probably just giving him tips.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what it's worth there's no real clarification to what JF1 was referring to. There IS speculation that it's the elbow (throwing arm). SPECULATION is if he can lower it a tad he's going to get the ball out even faster than he already does and lessen the risk of eventual injury to the elbow.

It's not out of the ordinary for a guy who's been in the league to give advice and tips to someone who's never taken a NFL snap. Highly doubt he's become "coach Andy" and is correcting anything, he's probably just giving him tips.
Ouch. @Anytime23 just got his ass handed to him, an epic beat down by @Angry Boomer and @Leomaz .

Helping him with his throwing motion is helping him with his mechanics. Pure and simple /debate.

At this point in his career, I am sure Andy Dalton can see the writing on the wall, and what better way to extend his career out a few more years ala chase Daniels style, and prove to be a valuable asset in helping young Qb's. It's a smart move on his part, and also admirable.

I am also quite sure that any thing he is helping Fields with is in lock step with what the Bears QB coach is also telling Fields, and Dalton is just out there serving as another set of eyes for some instant feedback, as opposed to having Fields have to tape his sessions and play it back later.

Now Anytime will try to make this argument about semantics.

I will however grant the fact that having Dalton help Fields is anything other than a good thing is mind numbingly stupid.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't think it really matters who takes whom under whose wing. We were all (mostly) optimistic when Nick Foles was signed, thinking he could impart some value to Trubisky. But that didn't happen. McCown couldn't change Cutler, Foles couldn't change Trubisky, and I doubt that Dalton will be able to change who Fields does or doesn't become.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ouch. @Anytime23 just got his ass handed to him, an epic beat down by @Angry Boomer and @Leomaz .

Helping him with his throwing motion is helping him with his mechanics. Pure and simple /debate.

At this point in his career, I am sure Andy Dalton can see the writing on the wall, and what better way to extend his career out a few more years ala chase Daniels style, and prove to be a valuable asset in helping young Qb's. It's a smart move on his part, and also admirable.

I am also quite sure that any thing he is helping Fields with is in lock step with what the Bears QB coach is also telling Fields, and Dalton is just out there serving as another set of eyes for some instant feedback, as opposed to having Fields have to tape his sessions and play it back later.

Now Anytime will try to make this argument about semantics.

I will however grant the fact that having Dalton help Fields is anything other than a good thing is mind numbingly stupid.
maybe you can answer the question that your Special person Bears fan equivalent kept dodging.