Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Davide

Liked Posts:
It's very very early, I know.

But if Fields plays like he play in the last two games and Carolina finish last.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Best scenario for the Bears is Fields continuing to show he can play at a high level so we're able to confidentially trade the first overall pick for a king's ransom.

If he plays well then you have to take the sure thing in Fields over an unknown draft prospect. There's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to the draft, especially at QB.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It doesn't look like we'll have the #1 pick at this rate, especially given how shitty some other teams are looking.

But, could you image have the #1 overall pick in back to back years and trading down twice lol. Would be unprecedented.

Also, that might speak to how good Fields is or is not lol

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't get the Caleb hype, but I am not pretending to be a QB guru.

I keep Justin Fields and trade down again to set the franchise up with a ridiculous amount of draft picks to build back a real defense.

If the Bears cannot develop Justin Fields, they ain't doing any better with Williams or Maye. Find yourself a steady vet quarterback that can do just enough not to lose games and go back to the Super Bowl the only way this team knows how. Soul crushing defense and a top rushing offense.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
It doesn't look like we'll have the #1 pick at this rate, especially given how shitty some other teams are looking.

But, could you image have the #1 overall pick in back to back years and trading down twice lol. Would be unprecedented.

Also, that might speak to how good Fields is or is not lol
Carolina is currently the only winless team. We own their first round pick this year. We could very well have #1 overall.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly don't get the Caleb hype, but I am not pretending to be a QB guru.
It's what he can do, not necessarily what he has done sometimes Like even though he didn't have a great game throwing the ball vs. Arizona, one play that people have harped on as like a "generational" type of throw, was an incompletion in the end zone.

I feel like Caleb Williams will probably be good no matter what. But good coaching is going to be huge for him. Sometimes it seems like he's fucking around, or trying to play hero ball too much. A good coach would be able to rein that in a little bit. IE not the Bears. :ROFLMAO:

If Fields proves that he's the guy, you keep the franchise QB, and trade the #1 pick for a franchise-altering number of picks and players. Ideally to an AFC team. If there are still questions about whether Fields is the guy or not, you trade Fields and take Caleb Williams #1. And you pair him with the best offensive coaching staff you can find, including a head coach with an offensive background.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's very very early, I know.

But if Fields plays like he play in the last two games and Carolina finish last.
Keep Fields. If he is able to overcome this coaching staff and organization, he will have set the most important record in franchise history, being the first qb to get ruined and restore himself as a franchise quarterback.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Best scenario for the Bears is Fields continuing to show he can play at a high level so we're able to confidentially trade the first overall pick for a king's ransom.

If he plays well then you have to take the sure thing in Fields over an unknown draft prospect. There's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to the draft, especially at QB.
I think it's a dangerous game to play betting on Caleb Williams.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If Fields keeps playing like he has the last two weeks, which is far better than anything he did last year, I'm not sure you could go with the unknown in Caleb. That said, one thing to also consider with Caleb is resetting the rookie contract at the QB. I'm not sure you can go with the unknown if Fields truly balls out, but I want Fields to force Pace into a very difficult decision because the Bears will probably get a haul back regardless in that case.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Going off your presumption that Fields maintains this level of play, only a true stone cold idiot would trade him for Caleb Williams.

At that point you would be taking a known thing and trading it for less picks then the number one overall pick would get you in return, in order to roll the dice again.

If fields maintains this level of play, the only smart solution is to trade the number one overall for a massive haul and use that to shore up both lines and pick up another weapon in round 1 for Fields to throw to.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Going off your presumption that Fields maintains this level of play, only a true stone cold idiot would trade him for Caleb Williams.

At that point you would be taking a known thing and trading it for less picks then the number one overall pick would get you in return, in order to roll the dice again.

If fields maintains this level of play, the only smart solution is to trade the number one overall for a massive haul and use that to shore up both lines and pick up another weapon in round 1 for Fields to throw to.
They wouldn't be trading Fields for Caleb, u dolt.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will Justin Fields continue to play like this if DJ Moore gets hurt?
Only a "journalist" like you could come up with such a nuanced theoretical. Wow! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to pay you for content.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But good coaching is going to be huge for him. Sometimes it seems like he's fucking around, or trying to play hero ball too much.

So basically re-drafting Justin Fields and hope you don't fuck it up this time???

Terrible plan, but could totally see the Bears do it anyhow because they are the Bears.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Probably cold and rain Saturday night in south bend, Let’s see what CW does, need to keep Fields healthy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If Fields keeps playing like he has the last two weeks, which is far better than anything he did last year, I'm not sure you could go with the unknown in Caleb. That said, one thing to also consider with Caleb is resetting the rookie contract at the QB. I'm not sure you can go with the unknown if Fields truly balls out, but I want Fields to force Pace into a very difficult decision because the Bears will probably get a haul back regardless in that case.
but I want Fields to force Pace into a very difficult decision
So you are saying that the Bears should trade Fields to Atlanta?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So basically re-drafting Justin Fields and hope you don't fuck it up this time???

Terrible plan, but could totally see the Bears do it anyhow because they are the Bears.
It is highly likely that Eberflus still gets fired unless this team really turns it around. New coaching staff + GM that didn't draft Fields + #1 draft pick = Caleb Williams

Unless Fields maintains his current course that he's on. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we have the #1 pick again AND Fields is proving to be a franchise QB. At that point, I'd stay with Fields. But who knows!