Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So basically re-drafting Justin Fields and hope you don't fuck it up this time???

Terrible plan, but could totally see the Bears do it anyhow because they are the Bears.

Caleb and Justin arent really similar aside from both being black and mobile.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't get the Caleb hype, but I am not pretending to be a QB guru.

I keep Justin Fields and trade down again to set the franchise up with a ridiculous amount of draft picks to build back a real defense.

If the Bears cannot develop Justin Fields, they ain't doing any better with Williams or Maye. Find yourself a steady vet quarterback that can do just enough not to lose games and go back to the Super Bowl the only way this team knows how. Soul crushing defense and a top rushing offense.

This is the most depressing thing I’ve read here in a long while

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s overhyped IMO and not some grand slam prospect. He is lighting up garbage defenses and consistently has freeway sized pockets and all day to throw. A lot of his plays are off script. I haven’t seen many instances of him operating in the pocket under pressure. Having Lincoln Riley doesn’t hurt either.

Immensely talented, but extremely difficult to evaluate based on the above. Anytime he faces a halfway decent defense, he doesn’t look great. I think there’s a good chance Maye ends up being the better pro but obviously QB evals are extremely difficult and teams fuck it up every year

Fans underrate Maye. Both of these guys look great.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they can get both Williams and Harrison they'll be well on their way. If they get Harrison only and Fields is still your QB they're screwed.

This Justin Fields flash is like the Rex Grossman flash. We've seen this before. There's 28 games where Justin Fields has looked like the same QB he's always been and then there's two games of this. He didn't just wake up one morning and become a great QB.

Players can improve.

I also think it’s way way waaaaaayyyyyy too early to hop on the “Fields is the answer train”.

Let’s just all relax and see where the season goes.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"Justin Fields is playing well over two games for one reason. If that reason gets hurt he's going back to being one of the worst QBs in the NFL."

JF played well last season without Moore, but the defense gave away points.
I see u continue to leave out the poor offensive coaching....Getsy
Stop interacting with biff

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Big arms
Both indecisive when pulling the trigger
Both are great playmakers

Biggest difference is Williams might be slightly better in the pocket’s coming out

THERIOT2

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't get the Caleb hype, but I am not pretending to be a QB guru.

I keep Justin Fields and trade down again to set the franchise up with a ridiculous amount of draft picks to build back a real defense.

If the Bears cannot develop Justin Fields, they ain't doing any better with Williams or Maye. Find yourself a steady vet quarterback that can do just enough not to lose games and go back to the Super Bowl the only way this team knows how. Soul crushing defense and a top rushing offense.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If the Bears have the #1, Poles should be able to get 6 assets. He got 5 in exchange (2, firsts, 2, seconds, and DJ Moore) for Bryce Young but Caleb Williams is significantly more valuable than Bryce. Is something like Fields, 3, first round picks, and 3, 2nd round picks > Caleb Williams? That’s what needs to be weighed.

Reactions: Myk

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

That was more based on the "needs strong coaching/playing hero ball" comments than an actual comparison of two quarterbacks.

This is the most depressing thing I’ve read here in a long while

Then my work is done here!

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So do you see what CJ Stroud is doing? Have you previously seen what Joe Burrow Andrew Luck Patrick Mahomes Trevor Lawrence have done within their first two years in the NFL?

Do you want to continually hope to have the right WR in place or do you want a guy that's still going to play at a high level despite the lack of talent around him?

Justin Fields is playing well over two games for one reason. If that reason gets hurt he's going back to being one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

It's fantastic that DJ Moore is playing so well but someone else is going to have to stop up and play well too for this to continue.

I know I'm stating the obvious here but it's like everyone is ignoring the obvious. If DJ Moore gets hurt the Bears still suck. If DJ Moore doesn't get hurt the Bears teeter between decent and horrible. I'd rather teeter between decent and great.

Can someone tell this fat fuck that Trevor Lawrence did not have a good first season

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Big arms
Both indecisive when pulling the trigger
Both are great playmakers

Biggest difference is Williams might be slightly better in the pocket’s coming out

Williams has better pocket awareness, much better at going through progressions, is exceptional under pressure (Fields was terrible in college under pressure) and better passing in the short game where Fields struggles.