Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Love how you love to make shit up. Not sure where I said he had to die for his cause. That he had some dollar number that he settled with a confidential, no change in the NFL, no admission of wrongdoing, no social awareness changes deal says all that need be said. If his motivation was purely noble then no dollar amount would have meant he was willing to shut up or allow the NFL's dirty laundry be stashed away for cash.

The kneeling doesn't bother me and I have no concern for CK. Just pointing out that what he did was far from altruistic. That really triggers some of you more than it should.

You were the one that typed up an essay about how CK is no MLK. You seem to care more than you should.

Practice what you preach, like CK did!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
There are so many scrub NFL players that wish they were the ones that thought of this kneeling idea so they could make millions of dollars for no reason.

i think he realized he was being a giant boob. he took it upon himself to dig in and understand his "cause" he concocted.
so in the end, this was not for no reason.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Again, maybe his motivation for suing was not the same motivation for kneeling. Maybe he simply sued for personal justice, and not social justice. Why does the suit have to address the social justice side of the story?
Well if that is the case, as I said, then he won.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You were the one that typed up an essay about how CK is no MLK. You seem to care more than you should.

Practice what you preach, like CK did!
So rather that trying to create a thought provoking response, I should have either planted a CK victory flag or CK is a loser money whoring bad QB flag?

You seem awfully upset.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well if that is the case, as I said, then he won.

You said a hell of a lot more than that though. And if he won on those grounds, then he kind of won the argument that he was wrongly excluded from being employed by the NFL. You don't have to be a martyr to do that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You said a hell of a lot more than that though. And if he won on those grounds, then he kind of won the argument that he was wrongly excluded from being employed by the NFL. You don't have to be a martyr to do that.
Well duh. I have no insight into CK's mind

Here is the Cliffs notes version of my masters thesis on the Colin Kaepernick settlement

He had won if was about him, but really sorta lost if it was about his social cause.

Better?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So rather that trying to create a thought provoking response, I should have either planted a CK victory flag or CK is a loser money whoring bad QB flag?

You seem awfully upset.

Do I seem upset enough to compare him to influential black people that were literally just trying to escape segregation and slavery?

It's like you don't understand that there's less he can be persecuted for or "stand up" for than them, because there's laws to protect him as an American now. The same laws that just allowed him to dunk on the NFL.

Not that "how persecuted" is really a thing, unless you're just upset on the internet and want to proclaim someone didn't win correctly, or whatever your initial point even was.

Post sucked, move on. Sorry CK didn't go broke and die in a gutter. No reason to dwell in anger.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well duh. I have no insight into CK's mind

Here is the Cliffs notes version of my masters thesis on the Colin Kaepernick settlement

He had won if was about him, but really sorta lost if it was about his social cause.

Better?

Not really, because the fact he won on a personal basis over being wrongly excluded from employment, is also kind of a win on the sjw side. Your wordy and convoluted logic just doesn't work.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sorry CK didn't go broke and die in a gutter. No reason to dwell in anger.
Holy shit. Yeah, you are definitely upset.

And as for the broke and dead in a gutter thing, too early to call really.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think a law suit can be construed as complaining.

And he won right? If he got 60-80 million which is what was reported, then that is a slam dunk win for him. So at the end of the day, it worked out better than he could have imagined.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not really, because the fact he won on a personal basis over being wrongly excluded from employment, is also kind of a win on the sjw side. Your wordy and convoluted logic just doesn't work.
What would you say he has accomplished socially for the average person by the settlement? I would say at most he just won a settlement based on current law. He hasn't really changed a thing, but again maybe that wasn't the motivation for the suit. Would like to read some of your sound logic on the SJ change brought on by his taking a confidential settlement that he is not allowed to speak about.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And he won right? If he got 60-80 million which is what was reported, then that is a slam dunk win for him. So at the end of the day, it worked out better than he could have imagined.

You'd have to ask him. My point was I highly doubt he had this all planned out to end as it did, as you were trying to put forth.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What would you say he has accomplished socially for the average person by the settlement? I would say at most he just won a settlement based on current law. He hasn't really changed a thing, but again maybe that wasn't the motivation for the suit. Would like to read some of your sound logic on the SJ change brought on by his taking a confidential settlement that he is not allowed to speak about.

Most people will look at this as a win for Kaep, and that the NFL was wrong to silence the protests. You and some others may not. My whole point in responding to your long post was that this suit was not Kaep trying to forward his cause on police brutality, but to show he was mistreated over his protests. I'm not sure why you are so stuck on proving this is a loss for him on his social issues. Because it isn't.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy shit. Yeah, you are definitely upset.

And as for the broke and dead in a gutter thing, too early to call really.

Who did more for the ppl, MLK or CK?

Point = proven ! (!!!)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Point = proven ! (!!!)
A seriously, have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I apologize for causing you such distress.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Point = proven ! (!!!)

One thing for sure: this thread has produced much less of value than CK's protests...and also less than his play at QB...

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A seriously, have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I apologize for causing you such distress.

So you don't recall comparing CK to the likes of Rosa Parks and MLK....

Oooohhhhkay then.