Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He's an idiot because he is standing up to police brutality against unarmed black men?

WOW

he was standing up?
i thought he was kneeling?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They paid 90 million to have Jenkins sell out Kap and then still had to turn around and pay Kap 50-80 million.

In total that is 140-170 million paid because of a dude kneeling. Doesn't matter how much money they make, that is still stupid.

I mean Amazon earns more than the NFL and 140-170 million paid is still a lot of money for an expense that was completely unnecessary if they had simply let a dude kneel. There is no way to spin this other than an L for the NFL. Only silver lining is the L may have been bigger if they didn't settle.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know what 90m actually means to the NFL.......We don't have access to their books. And while 90m might seem like a lot of money to us, there is little perspective on what it actally means to the NFL as a whole. It may be worth more to them to move on and be done with it, than to drag it out and prove that theyere was no collusion.

It certainly is possible they colluded, but the money itself doesn't necessarily prove or not prove anything.

Supposedly the NFL made 9 billion dollars last year.....90m isn't much.

Well whatever it is worth to them its likely they think twice before siding with a racist president and his hillbilly base vs a player who chooses to protest racism. Its literally 2019. Choosing racism over equality is just embarrassing, hence the huge payday for Kaepernick

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am waiting to see the payment plan, because there is a confidentiality agreement here and if he starts to spew again, he will forfeit the settlement. There is no way they are going to give it all to him and expect him to get it back.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
To put this in another perspective:

The NFL wants to get to 25 Billion a year by 2025. Lets say they let this CK drag out and go to court and the NFL is proven not to have any collusion. In the meantime, the NFL is dragged thru the mud and everyone is speculating on the NFL and it hurts their product and revenue. So instead of hitting their 25 Billion a year goal in 2025 they only do 24.5 Billion because of the long term affects from a court battle and bad publicity.

The 90m they pay now is chump change from the potential 1/2 a billion they could lose out on.

The settlement could absolutely be a business decision in the best long term financial health of the NFL. That amount of money neither proves or disproves collusion.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They paid 90 million to have Jenkins sell out Kap and then still had to turn around and pay Kap 50-80 million.

In total that is 140-170 million paid because of a dude kneeling. Doesn't matter how much money they make, that is still stupid.

I mean Amazon earns more than the NFL and 140-170 million paid is still a lot of money for an expense that was completely unnecessary if they had simply let a dude kneel. There is no way to spin this other than an L for the NFL. Only silver lining is the L may have been bigger if they didn't settle.

Srs lol at any fan taking the NFL's side on this and saying it's not that much money to hush activism against racism. Just lol.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The NFL basically just paid an entire team's salary Kap (pun intended) because a guy kneeled.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To put this in another perspective:

The NFL wants to get to 25 Billion a year by 2025. Lets say they let this CK drag out and go to court and the NFL is proven not to have any collusion. In the meantime, the NFL is dragged thru the mud and everyone is speculating on the NFL and it hurts their product and revenue. So instead of hitting their 25 Billion a year goal in 2025 they only do 24.5 Billion because of the long term affects from a court battle and bad publicity.

The 90m they pay now is chump change from the potential 1/2 a billion they could lose out on.

The settlement could absolutely be a business decision in the best long term financial health of the NFL. That amount of money neither proves or disproves collusion.

It proves mismanagement because they already lost support and still had to settle. Should have left it alone or settled a long time ago. Instead they mismanagement the whole affair from start to finish.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hopefully more NFL stars will now be emboldened to be vocal and not be bullied about their stance against racists.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kaep is literally a modern day saint and hero!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hopefully more NFL stars will now be emboldened to be vocal and not be bullied about their stance against racists.

i hope they all start kneeling. everyone kneel. nothing shook this nation harder than kaepernicckink kneeling. it was so nice seeing all the love he recieved. even now, folks are in message boards obsessively finger banging their funyon laden keyboards towards each other! its great! kaepurnik is the true american hero.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Kaep is literally a modern day saint and hero!

amen! can i get an amen? we are all kneeling anyway..let me get an AMEN!

hold this AMEN racists

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i hope they all start kneeling. everyone kneel. nothing shook this nation harder than kaepernicckink kneeling. it was so nice seeing all the love he recieved. even now, folks are in message boards obsessively finger banging their funyon laden keyboards towards each other! its great! kaepurnik is the true american hero.

Be a pessimist all u want but the NFL made the wrong decision and chose the wrong side, that's why they paid up.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Be a pessimist all u want but the NFL made the wrong decision and chose the wrong side, that's why they paid up.

pessimist? hardly!
this nation took an amazing leap forward all because of khapernok. ive havent seen so much U.N.I.T.Y since Queen Latifah was singing about it!
im off to start a petition to get the new,local elementary school named after him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
pessimist? hardly!
this nation took an amazing leap forward all because of khapernok. ive havent seen so much U.N.I.T.Y since Queen Latifah was singing about it!
im off to start a petition to get the new,local elementary school named after him.

Okay

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A spoonful of broth helps the cynicism go down.