Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What hurt Kapernick was his perceived lack of dedication and towards his craft that final season. That coupled with the position he played made it difficult for any team to want to pony up the money and commitment to offer him a starting spot.

Word was he went vegan and lost a good deal of muscle mass that last season. He wasn't prioritizing his NFL career which is necessary for any starting QB.

It's not like he wasn't offered opportunities to be a back up and prove himself. All the kneeling and collusion crap is secondary and really just fodder for the sheep on both sides of the argument. Poor little sheep.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What hurt Kapernick was his perceived lack of dedication and towards his craft that final season. That coupled with the position he played made it difficult for any team to want to pony up the money and commitment to offer him a starting spot.

Word was he went vegan and lost a good deal of muscle mass that last season. He wasn't prioritizing his NFL career which is necessary for any starting QB.

It's not like he wasn't offered opportunities to be a back up and prove himself. All the kneeling and collusion crap is secondary and really just fodder for the sheep on both sides of the argument. Poor little sheep.

Ummmmmmmmm the settlement was about collusion not what Kaepernick eats.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck crappernick.

He was a shitty qb that got benched and needed a new career plan. That's it. He wasn't pulling shit when he was getting paid and starting.

The only collusion was no one wanted a worthless qb thats a fucking idiot too boot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How many shitty QB's i got to name that currently have a job? Fuck, the dolphins brought back Cutler when he was fat and even more apathetic

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he was a good QB, he'd have a job. If he didn't kneel, he'd probably be a backup in the NFL. The fact of the matter is that he plain bad at QB, but probably good enough to keep as a backup. BUt if you pile the negative press plus his girlfriend saying whatr she said, no one is going to hire you. At the end of the day this is about entertainment and making money. Having him as a mediocre backup is not going to win you games, but it may cost you money and create an unnecessary distraction.

The NFL settling doesn't necessarily mean there was collusion, it means they paid him to make the problem go away. The NFL doesn't need the possible negative publicity more than it needs 70m dollars. Companies pay to make problems go away regardless of whether they were in the right or wrong.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If he was a good QB, he'd have a job. If he didn't kneel, he'd probably be a backup in the NFL. The fact of the matter is that he plain bad at QB, but probably good enough to keep as a backup. BUt if you pile the negative press plus his girlfriend saying whatr she said, no one is going to hire you. At the end of the day this is about entertainment and making money. Having him as a mediocre backup is not going to win you games, but it may cost you money and create an unnecessary distraction.

The NFL settling doesn't necessarily mean there was collusion, it means they paid him to make the problem go away. The NFL doesn't need the possible negative publicity more than it needs 70m dollars. Companies pay to make problems go away regardless of whether they were in the right or wrong.
Keep telling yourself whatever you need to whitewash the issue. Kaep took the fight to the NFL and won. Deal with it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep telling yourself whatever you need to whitewash the issue. Kaep took the fight to the NFL and won. Deal with it.

not sure what I am supposed to be dealing with.......the worst thing that happened to me recently is actually tasting bone broth and immediately regretting it.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
not sure what I am supposed to be dealing with.......the worst thing that happened to me recently is actually tasting bone broth and immediately regretting it.

i heard Kaepernick eats a lot of bone broth. Just sayin.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I’m sorry I’m not for kap politics at all, and I’m not for the kneeling for the anthem BUT there was clear collusion here. When a bum like glennon can get 17 mil for one year all conversation of kap sucks that’s why teams didn’t want him gets thrown out the window. When bums like Bradford have collected over 200 mil in their career it doesn’t get more obvious then this

I think the nfl paid up so that their private info stays private. I kind of wish kap said f the money let’s see what we can find to expose them. Could be race related, collusion, cte etc.... something would have been found that was worth it for the nfl to pay for the problem to go away

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry I’m not for kap politics at all, and I’m not for the kneeling for the anthem BUT there was clear collusion here. When a bum like glennon can get 17 mil for one year all conversation of kap sucks that’s why teams didn’t want him gets thrown out the window. When bums like Bradford have collected over 200 mil in their career it doesn’t get more obvious then this

I think the nfl paid up so that their private info stays private. I kind of wish kap said f the money let’s see what we can find to expose them. Could be race related, collusion, cte etc.... something would have been found that was worth it for the nfl to pay for the problem to go away

If the NFL is colluding at keeping black players out they are doing a shitty job at it; so I don't think it is race related. It is certainly possible there was collusion, but he is a bad QB and his situation was toxic. Owners could have absolutely decided individually not to bring him in. For collusion to occur the owners would have to get together and secretly agree not to hire him.

I also disagree with the argument that just because CK is better than some of the backups in the NFL that there must be collusion for CK not to have a job. Being a mediocre backup probably trumps being a mediocre backup plus a potentially toxic environment.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the NFL is colluding at keeping black players out they are doing a shitty job at it; so I don't think it is race related. It is certainly possible there was collusion, but he is a bad QB and his situation was toxic. Owners could have absolutely decided individually not to bring him in. For collusion to occur the owners would have to get together and secretly agree not to hire him.

I also disagree with the argument that just because CK is better than some of the backups in the NFL that there must be collusion for CK not to have a job. Being a mediocre backup probably trumps being a mediocre backup plus a potentially toxic environment.

Yeah well u can have that opinion but the outcome is they paid up and Kaepernick made millions because the NFL made the dumb decision to side with Trump over a player speaking out against racial injustice.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So the NFL paid 90 million for social issues and 50-80 million to Kap and Reid but they did nothing wrong?

Companies pay to make problems go away. The issue here is the sum they were willing to pay.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Also your first point is literally exposing your racism. This wasn't about NFL colliding against black hires and u know it. It was about collusion against an activist.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the NFL paid 90 million for social issues and 50-80 million to Kap and Reid but they did nothing wrong?

Companies pay to make problems go away. The issue here is the sum they were willing to pay.

I don't know what 90m actually means to the NFL.......We don't have access to their books. And while 90m might seem like a lot of money to us, there is little perspective on what it actally means to the NFL as a whole. It may be worth more to them to move on and be done with it, than to drag it out and prove that theyere was no collusion.

It certainly is possible they colluded, but the money itself doesn't necessarily prove or not prove anything.

Supposedly the NFL made 9 billion dollars last year.....90m isn't much.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what 90m actually means to the NFL.......We don't have access to their books. And while 90m might seem like a lot of money to us, there is little perspective on what it actally means to the NFL as a whole. It may be worth more to them to move on and be done with it, than to drag it out and prove that theyere was no collusion.

It certainly is possible they colluded, but the money itself doesn't necessarily prove or not prove anything.

Supposedly the NFL made 9 billion dollars last year.....90m isn't much.

Are u over the age of 55?