Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It proves mismanagement because they already lost support and still had to settle. Should have left it alone or settled a long time ago. Instead they mismanagement the whole affair from start to finish.

In my opinion, I don't think the NFL handled it the best way they could. But it doesn't "prove" anything. There is little to no public knowledge of collusion or not. No one has any idea what the parties were agreeing to previously. Just because there is a settlement now doesn't mean both parties were willing to settle for previously or what the numbers were prewviously. Maybe CK lawyers were holding out for 200m and the NFL got them down to 90m. This is just speculating on a situation which we have zero closed door knowledge of. There is no proof of anything.

Most people are approaching this as emotional as they were when it happened. Lawyers don't have that luxury of being emotional. This settlement was business. CK had his price and the NFL found it and vice-versa.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I doubt any owner wanted to take the stand in a trial, which sounded likely.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt any owner wanted to take the stand in a trial, which sounded likely.

That would be worth 90m alone for them......I am sure CK lawyers would push as much of the envelope as possible. As old as some of these owners are, there is probably a lot of dirty laundry out there.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That would be worth 90m alone for them......I am sure CK lawyers would push as much of the envelope as possible. As old as some of these owners are, there is probably a lot of dirty laundry out there.

At least u finally admit collusion was likely to be exposed

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have said before CK was a backup level QB that created more baggage than he was worth and wanted starter money, so I don't see that they needed to collude for him to not get an NFL job.

But let's say that the owners colluded to keep him off the field so that he would not take a knee to raise awareness of what he considers a biased targeting of blacks by the police. If that is true, I am not sure how a settlement whether it be for $8M or $80M is a win for what he started this whole thing about.

If his intent was to create a spectacle around his flagging career leading to an end game of a financial windfall from the NFL, then he most certainly won. If his goal was to start a dialog that would lead to improvement in race/police relations, his decision to take the money and run with no required admission from the NFL is a complete sell out, just as Larry Johnson and others have said.

For those extolling a CK thrashing of the NFL, would you say Rosa Parks was the victor if she had quietly moved back to the back of the bus for a lifetime Montgomery bus pass?

Would Vivian Malone Jones, Dave McGlathery and James Hood been triumphant if rather than facing the hardship of being the first blacks to be forcefully admitted to the Univ of Alabama, they settled for a full ride at Tuskegee University allowing the state of AL to continue segregating schools with impunity?

Would you be saying MLK Jr had won if he had been banned from giving his, "I have a dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial and sued the fed gov for and received an undisclosed settlement to just go away?

Whatever the #'s , CK had a big win for himself yesterday, but by settling for what amounts to Matt Barkley's salary for one season from each team to be a good boy and be (contractually) quiet about it is a huge L for the cause he professes to be so passionate about, as the # of protesting players had dropped to 2, Reid and Kenny Stills, by mid season this year.

I don't recollect a significant social equality figure ever agreeing to a confidential "I got mine" settlement that elicitedsocial change. I could be wrong, but no one comes to mind.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are u saying CKs cause wasn't noble because he didn't die for it? Even though he himself had to deal with tons of racist derogatory things being thrown his way, numerous death threats etc simply because he kneeled at the beginning of a football game?

Srs? Just cus he got payed what he would have made anyways?

That's kinda fucked.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe Kaep didn't sue for social justice, but personal justice in recouping lost salary?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you don't get fully rekted by society (and I mean TOTALLY rekted), you litteraly did it wrong.

Just CCS logic

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have said before CK was a backup level QB that created more baggage than he was worth and wanted starter money, so I don't see that they needed to collude for him to not get an NFL job.

But let's say that the owners colluded to keep him off the field so that he would not take a knee to raise awareness of what he considers a biased targeting of blacks by the police. If that is true, I am not sure how a settlement whether it be for $8M or $80M is a win for what he started this whole thing about.

If his intent was to create a spectacle around his flagging career leading to an end game of a financial windfall from the NFL, then he most certainly won. If his goal was to start a dialog that would lead to improvement in race/police relations, his decision to take the money and run with no required admission from the NFL is a complete sell out, just as Larry Johnson and others have said.

For those extolling a CK thrashing of the NFL, would you say Rosa Parks was the victor if she had quietly moved back to the back of the bus for a lifetime Montgomery bus pass?

Would Vivian Malone Jones, Dave McGlathery and James Hood been triumphant if rather than facing the hardship of being the first blacks to be forcefully admitted to the Univ of Alabama, they settled for a full ride at Tuskegee University allowing the state of AL to continue segregating schools with impunity?

Would you be saying MLK Jr had won if he had been banned from giving his, "I have a dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial and sued the fed gov for and received an undisclosed settlement to just go away?

Whatever the #'s , CK had a big win for himself yesterday, but by settling for what amounts to Matt Barkley's salary for one season from each team to be a good boy and be (contractually) quiet about it is a huge L for the cause he professes to be so passionate about, as the # of protesting players had dropped to 2, Reid and Kenny Stills, by mid season this year.

I don't recollect a significant social equality figure ever agreeing to a confidential "I got mine" settlement that eliciting social change. I could be wrong, but no one comes to mind.

I dont think Kaepernick took a knee with this endgame in mind. And I dont think for a second that the NFL won in the end. Biggest losers are racist fans imo

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I dont think Kaepernick took a knee with this endgame in mind. And I dont think for a second that the NFL won in the end. Biggest losers are racist fans imo

The racist fans on BOTH sides lose...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are u saying CKs cause wasn't noble because he didn't die for it? Even though he himself had to deal with tons of racist derogatory things being thrown his way, numerous death threats etc simply because he kneeled at the beginning of a football game?

That's kinda fucked.

Queue another post about him donating his settlement money to black on black crime smh

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Queue another post about him donating his settlement money to black on black crime smh

Imagine unironically saying someone was persecuted incorrectly

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
There are so many scrub NFL players that wish they were the ones that thought of this kneeling idea so they could make millions of dollars for no reason.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Kaphirnick donated 30000 duckets to schools on wheels with fellow upstanding citizen Chris Brown.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

That's kinda fucked.
Love how you love to make shit up. Not sure where I said he had to die for his cause. That he had some dollar number that he settled with a confidential, no change in the NFL, no admission of wrongdoing, no social awareness changes deal says all that need be said. If his motivation was purely noble then no dollar amount would have meant he was willing to shut up or allow the NFL's dirty laundry be stashed away for cash.

The kneeling doesn't bother me and I have no concern for CK. Just pointing out that what he did was far from altruistic. That really triggers some of you more than it should.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There are so many scrub NFL players that wish they were the ones that thought of this kneeling idea so they could make millions of dollars for no reason.

Yeah, Kaep envisioned a multi million dollar payout in court before he even took a knee. Two year plan successful!

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Love how you love to make shit up. Not sure where I said he had to die for his cause. That he had some dollar number that he settled with a confidential, no change in the NFL, no admission of wrongdoing, no social awareness changes deal says all that need be said. If his motivation was purely noble then no dollar amount would have meant he was willing to shut up or allow the NFL's dirty laundry be stashed away for cash.

The kneeling doesn't bother me and I have no concern for CK. Just pointing out that what he did was far from altruistic. That really triggers some of you more than it should.

Again, maybe his motivation for suing was not the same motivation for kneeling. Maybe he simply sued for personal justice, and not social justice. Why does the suit have to address the social justice side of the story?