KC vs The Rams tonight

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It's the pace that they play at. Their offense is out there putting up points and not necessarily controlling time of possession. Donald is the real deal.

They are not too 10 in any defensive stat I can find, and they get to play the cardinals and 49ers twice. Not to mention Seattle’s offense is pretty meh. I’m not saying Donald isn’t an incredible player but how the hell would I hand an award for best defensive player to a guy that plays on a defense that is mediocre at best.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I said it earlier, and I will say it again.

My bold prediction is that NEITHER of these teams makes the Super Bowl.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Quite certain. No other AFC team will take them out and they'll still have home field throughout.

They still have to play the chargers who are 7-3

KC has a 1 game lead on

NE
Houston
Pitts
LA

KC needs to win out to keep homefield. I can see Seattle and LA giving them problems

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
They are not too 10 in any defensive stat I can find, and they get to play the cardinals and 49ers twice. Not to mention Seattle’s offense is pretty meh. I’m not saying Donald isn’t an incredible player but how the hell would I hand an award for best defensive player to a guy that plays on a defense that is mediocre at best.

Judge him on his play. Doesn't he have like 15 sacks? Decent # of FF, and TFL too.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Judge him on his play. Doesn't he have like 15 sacks? Decent # of FF, and TFL too.

I understand my take is a bit strange, but I just can’t give him the award if that is my job. His stats are great but I just can’t do it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They still have to play the chargers who are 7-3

KC has a 1 game lead on

NE
Houston
Pitts
LA

KC needs to win out to keep homefield. I can see Seattle and LA giving them problems
I can't. They have Chargers at home and Seattle just doesn't have the firepower to hang with them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The offenses of the top three teams are clearly more explosive than the rest of the pack.

But KC and the Rams have the same point differential per game as we do. They have certainly played better competition, no denying that. But they give up a lot of points.

They score ten points a game more than we do, and allow ten points a game more than we do.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Quite certain. No other AFC team will take them out and they'll still have home field throughout.

Pats, Chargers and Steelers all play defense. Thats Maholmes weakness

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I understand my take is a bit strange, but I just can’t give him the award if that is my job. His stats are great but I just can’t do it.

Naa I get you, yours is more of an NBA MVP type of take. Best defensive player on the best defensive team.

I am kinda curious whether or not the Bears D looks as good after playing KC, LA, or NOLA.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Nah, man. I have inside info. It's all scripted, 'member?

Exactly, and those of us who've studied it,know the Saints aren't getting in. History repeats itself. the Saints got one gift..thats it for another 50 years.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pats, Chargers and Steelers all play defense. Thats Maholmes weakness

The playoffs are a different animal too. All teams will be playing 110% on defense. Like Windy said, mahomes is fortunate enough to have an offense where he has playmakers that are ALWAYS open. Once it gets to january, historically, that shouldn't happen.

It would be honestly intriguing to see how the bears D would do against that KC offense, too bad we have to wait till the superbowl to find out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
At this point last year, nobody in their right mind would have predicted the Chiefs losing at home to Tennessee in the playoffs. (Hell, at HALFTIME, nobody would have predicted it)

It will take a shocker, but if any team has it in them to blow it, it's KC.

I tend to be slow to give Pittsburgh credit, and I saw them early when they looked like crapola, but they have some defense and can compete in a shootout. (They were scoreless late third qtr yesterday, so that might sound silly. But that was not vs KC's D)

KC should clearly be the favorite in the AFC when the playoffs start, but funnier things have happened.