Kevin Mawae: Brian Urlacher Was A Better Middle Linebacker Than Ray Lewis

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
debatable to some degree...they were different players in different schemes more than anything...i don't think lach could've done what lewis did in the 3-4 and lewis vice versa in lovies cover two

either way ray lewis has the hardware

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Stats make it so. Would you like to cast your vote (though I think I know who you'd choose based of your uber meatball status) or would you like to just continue to troll?

Stats lol. Stats are for those that can't think for themselves. BU played in a different system so stats can't be used to determine anything. BU could do things Ray could not. There was nothing Ray could do that BU could not. Match Ray with Singletary because they had the same game. BU is far and away a better player that could play in any era. I would bet every coach today would take BU over Ray. Stats are for meatballs, real fans watch the games and never look at stats.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are both Hall of Fame players and both deserve to be inducted on the first ballot....

serious.gif

AussieBear

brian got a chance at a heiress and couldnt hold it down... instead he lost da hoe and ended up transplanting butt hairs to his head.. just aint dat dog... same reason he couldnt lead his team to a sb victory.. aint da leader ray was be.. ray couldve kilt someone or knew about a killing but could be dat leader n could tell a judge.. naw.. im da man.. i go now.. football..

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well when you don't have hardware then stats is all you have. Shouldn't you be tumbling down a snowy slope? Fucking hack.

It's funny how you're on a crusade to call everyone who disagrees with you a meatball, yet you're the most insufferable little cunt in this thread by far.

This forum would be a better place without you.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Stats lol. Stats are for those that can't think for themselves. BU played in a different system so stats can't be used to determine anything. BU could do things Ray could not. There was nothing Ray could do that BU could not. Match Ray with Singletary because they had the same game. BU is far and away a better player that could play in any era. I would bet every coach today would take BU over Ray. Stats are for meatballs, real fans watch the games and never look at stats.
Your disturbing avatar suggests you are far from an impartial observer.
She does have good Center cankles though.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh, I think Ray was more effective when they ran the 4-3 rather than when they switched to 3-4, but I would think Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa had a lot to do with that.

Would you rather have Tommy Harris and Whomever (Ian Scott, Anthony Adams, Antonio Garay) or Sam Adams and Siragusa?

Remember Urlacher with Washington and Traylor? Imagine if he had that plus Tommy Harris?

Either way, I'd give a slight edge to Ray.

Both belong in the HOF.

Liked Posts:
It's funny how you're on a crusade to call everyone who disagrees with you a meatball, yet you're the most insufferable little cunt in this thread by far.

This forum would be a better place without you.

OMG your boy Urlacher isn't the best LB in history, cry more crocodile tears why don't you. Bitch.

crocodile-tears-gif.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Football isn't art or movies, it's not subjective at all.
Do you get what that means?

When you're ranking and comparing and choosing which stats or awards mean more, you're making Subjectivity criteria.

Subjectivity is everywhere, not primarily in arts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think losing tommie and lovie taking the defense over was the biggest setback in 06. If those things didnt happen, I think they win sb 41.

Chico ran the defense in 06. Losing Tommie and also Mike Brown killed the Bears in the SB though.

Liked Posts:
Do you get what that means?

When you're ranking and comparing and choosing which stats or awards mean more, you're making Subjectivity criteria.

Subjectivity is everywhere, not primarily in arts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If they're compared using identical stats the choice becomes clear.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Football isn't art or movies, it's not subjective at all.

If they're compared using identical stats the choice becomes clear.
I agree that Lewis was better but your stats argument is weak. A player needs a certain longevity to be considered one of the greats. Both players, obviously achieved that mark. If you then look at how the performed on a seasonal basis.

Stat/16 games____BU_____RL
TKLS___________121____144
SKS____________3.65___2.91
FF_____________0.97___1.33
INT____________1.93___2.18
Really not a much separates them. Lewis has the rings, but Shea McClellin has more than Urlacher, so that isn't always a great barometer. That said, Lewis was the engine that ran one of the best defenses in NFL history that sustained a high level of play for over a decade, ranking outside the top 10 only 3 times in 13 seasons while ranking top 4 7 times during that stretch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Least Brian didn't kill anybody
I don't know about that.

Brian " What's it going to take for me to get you into this fine looking Kia Sportage" Urlacher.
brian_urlacher_hair.jpg

killed Brian "Being bald is cool and bad ass even for white guys" Urlacher.

urlacher.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
urlacher was better. Lewis was on a better team. if urlacher was on the ravens he would have won more super bowls. Lewis had suggs and reed two dpoy. How many of those did urlacher have on his team? nuff said.

I give you credit, on this forum you are consistent in being wrong.