Kevin Mawae: Brian Urlacher Was A Better Middle Linebacker Than Ray Lewis

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't get all the Urlacher hate @ CCS.

My guess is there a re a lot of butt hurt Cutler nut-slurpers that still want to shit on anything that wasn't 100% behind Cutler.

Hester is shit... Why? He was not in board with Cutler.

Marshall was shit. Why? He outed Cutler

Bennet was a crap TE. Why? He outed Cutler.

Time to stop shitting on some of the best players the Bears have had in years just because you sucked cutlers nuts.

Urlacher was great, my favorite Bear, but he wasn't better than Lewis. I don't think anyone is hating on Urlacher.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players play with injuries all the time without disclosing those injuries to the media. Other intangibles come into play as well. His #s going down his final years says right there his career was ending.

Well that throws the "Lewis had better stats because he played longer" argument,right out the window.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There are 2 things a man should never do, stab another dude or get hair plugs. So i believe those 2 are a wash. As a bald white dude, Urlacher has shamed my kind. At least we've got Kyle Long. . . .

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I honestly don't get all the Urlacher hate @ CCS.

My guess is there a re a lot of butt hurt Cutler nut-slurpers that still want to shit on anything that wasn't 100% behind Cutler.

Hester is shit... Why? He was not in board with Cutler.

Marshall was shit. Why? He outed Cutler

Bennet was a crap TE. Why? He outed Cutler.

Time to stop shitting on some of the best players the Bears have had in years just because you sucked cutlers nuts.

NO one is hating on Urlacher in thread, stating our opinion that Lewis was better is not hating. Quit being a homer! As others have pointed out, he was not even the best LB is Bears's history

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
NO one is hating on Urlacher in thread, stating our opinion that Lewis was better is not hating. Quit being a homer! As others have pointed out, he was not even the best LB is Bears's history

He was the best all around lb in bears history even Lewis couldn't drop back and cover like Brian or was a side to side runner like Brian. Lewis had a better team and played longer that's the difference.
Brian may not have been as popular as Lewis because the bears sucked but he revolutionized the position from a gap lb to versatility. Imo he did more for the position then Butkus, Singletary and Lewis so yes Lewis had some crazy hits but he didn't change the way the position is played like Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
He was the best all around lb in bears history even Lewis couldn't drop back and cover like Brian or was a side to side runner like Brian. Lewis had a better team and played longer that's the difference.
Brian may not have been as popular as Lewis because the bears sucked but he revolutionized the position from a gap lb to versatility. Imo he did more for the position then Butkus, Singletary and Lewis so yes Lewis had some crazy hits but he didn't change the way the position is played like Brian

No!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

That's your opinion that many don't share. I think he is the best LB in Bears history, but MANY do not. So to compare him versus Lewis WHO MOST outside of Chicago consider the best in he game is crazy. YOu make it sound the Brian didn't play on any good Bears teams. He played on one that went to the superbowl and another that wnet to the NFC championship game. Brian is not as popular as Lewis because he was not quite as good.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
That's your opinion that many don't share. I think he is the best LB in Bears history, but MANY do not. So to compare him versus Lewis WHO MOST outside of Chicago consider the best in he game is crazy. YOu make it sound the Brian didn't play on any good Bears teams. He played on one that went to the superbowl and another that wnet to the NFC championship game. Brian is not as popular as Lewis because he was not quite as good.

No it was because the ravens were consistently in the playoffs won two super bowls and Lewis played long and had his own dance that's why the numbers don't lie. If Brian play as long as Lewis I believe his numbers would be better so that's your opinion and this is mine

Liked Posts:
No it was because the ravens were consistently in the playoffs won two super bowls and Lewis played long and had his own dance that's why the numbers don't lie. If Brian play as long as Lewis I believe his numbers would be better so that's your opinion and this is mine

You're a big dumb Texan, like you'd know about anything other than tooth loss and redneck chariot races.

Like someone said this isn't the HOF of what if's.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
I happened to see Butkus play. He was GOAT. Lewis and Urlacher not even close. LT was the closest and could have been GOAT but too much snow.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Well that matters. Brees, Favre and Manning all have superior stats to Brady, but does anyone think they are superior to him?
Lewis was a great LB, the face of the franchise and the leader of the consistently best defense for the first decade of the 2000's that won a SB with Trent Dilfer and another with Joe Flacco. Urlacher was a great LB and face of a franchise whose nadir during his run was getting beat in a SB after twice being spotted a TD lead.

Both were great but the discussion as to who was better is a bit farcical.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comparing Brian to Ray is like comparing red apples to green apples. Both same fruit, but different texture, flavors, etc.

Both did exactly what their teams needed them to do. Would Brian have done better than Ray if he was in Baltimore? Probably not. Could Ray have done better in Chicago's Cover 2 system? Probably not.

Both guys were suited to their respective teams, so there's no need to compare the two. Both outstanding linebackers.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I happened to see Butkus play. He was GOAT. Lewis and Urlacher not even close. LT was the closest and could have been GOAT but too much snow.

LT player a completely different position and even with the snow, was the most dominant, feared pass rusher that ever existed.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butkus was aggressive, mean, and total domination. Lawrence Taylor was close and more of an edge LB. Hybrid, actually, wasn't he? Some would argue he was the first of his kind and evolved the LB position. Then you got the different kind of guys, like Lewis and Urlacher.

Compare all you want, but when you compare guys from different eras, thats when it becomes apples and oranges rather than the apples vs apples argument I made earlier.

Upvote this post, please.