Kevin Mawae: Brian Urlacher Was A Better Middle Linebacker Than Ray Lewis

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Longevity is part of the reason he was better than Urlacher. It's just one of the many resounding factors that fall in the category of Lewis being the GOAT.

Brian had a few more year left in him it was lovie that sealed his fate really are you a bears fan or just a troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My dad used to laugh at me when I asked him if Urlacher was better than Butkus.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think that was just because you are a funny looking guy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Urlacher won 1 DPOY. Singletary won 2 :D

:troll:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't get all the Urlacher hate @ CCS.

My guess is there a re a lot of butt hurt Cutler nut-slurpers that still want to shit on anything that wasn't 100% behind Cutler.

Hester is shit... Why? He was not in board with Cutler.

Marshall was shit. Why? He outed Cutler

Bennet was a crap TE. Why? He outed Cutler.

Time to stop shitting on some of the best players the Bears have had in years just because you sucked cutlers nuts.

Lol

Liked Posts:
Brian had a few more year left in him it was lovie that sealed his fate really are you a bears fan or just a troll

How did Lovie have anything to do with him continuing his career? This should good for a few laughs.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Urlacher was the better talent. He could do more than Lewis on a football field with his blend of size and athleticism. He had a tough gig as the middle man in Lovie's Tampa 2 where he was asked to cover a lot of ground for a LB.

Lewis was a better leader off the field. His "rah rah" style worked in Baltimore and guys bought into his style of leadership.

Liked Posts:
Urlacher was the better talent. He could do more than Lewis on a football field with his blend of size and athleticism. He had a tough gig as the middle man in Lovie's Tampa 2 where he was asked to cover a lot of ground for a LB.

Lewis was a better leader off the field. His "rah rah" style worked in Baltimore and guys bought into his style of leadership.

So once again, Lewis gets the nod.

mecha

Liked Posts:
How did Lovie have anything to do with him continuing his career? This should good for a few laughs.

I think an argument could be made that if Lovie stayed, he would stump for Emery to try harder to get a new deal done to keep Urlacher. the team was in kind of a jettison mode to erase Lovie Smith, Urlacher being a UFA made it easier to let him go. the two sides couldn't agree, so Urlacher went FA and he chose to retire instead. I don't know if I agree that he had a lot of time left, he had back problems and that one knee took a lot of abuse the last couple seasons.

I never really followed Ray Lewis, he could've had 8000 tackles or 2000, I wouldn't know the difference. he was impressive to watch though. all arguments that Lewis was better than Urlacher, statistically, should stand. it doesn't take away that Urlacher was a great player for us to watch, he's just like a tier below. and honestly, if you look through this whole thread, with all the arguments against him, I don't really see how any of you could think Urlacher's a first ballot HOF.

and besides, if mick says it, it's true.

Liked Posts:
I think an argument could be made that if Lovie stayed, he would stump for Emery to try harder to get a new deal done to keep Urlacher. the team was in kind of a jettison mode to erase Lovie Smith, Urlacher being a UFA made it easier to let him go. the two sides couldn't agree, so Urlacher went FA and he chose to retire instead. I don't know if I agree that he had a lot of time left, he had back problems and that one knee took a lot of abuse the last couple seasons.

I never really followed Ray Lewis, he could've had 8000 tackles or 2000, I wouldn't know the difference. he was impressive to watch though. all arguments that Lewis was better than Urlacher, statistically, should stand. it doesn't take away that Urlacher was a great player for us to watch, he's just like a tier below. and honestly, if you look through this whole thread, with all the arguments against him, I don't really see how any of you could think Urlacher's a first ballot HOF.

and besides, if mick says it, it's true.

So Urlacher could have went somewhere else, but chose to retire. That's on him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Lewis played longer that's why the stats are a little in his favor plus the Super Bowls.
As a all around middle linebacker I do believe urlacher was just as dominant the bears just didn't have the right pieces offensively to get him his super bowls like the ravens.
If we would have won in 2006 and made it and won in 2010 I believe urlacher would have had at least a 3 more years to add to his stats

Ray Lewis won the two Superbowls with an offense that was lead by Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco (even though Joe played out of his mind in the playoffs).

Both of those teams won because of that dominate defense that featured Ray Lewis.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some would argue having your best player out there with 5 minutes left in a meaningless game as you wallowed at 7-8 resulting in a major knee injury was an asinine move, costing him production and years.. But then again, Lovie once claimed winning the last game of the season meant you went into the next 1-0 so there is that.
[video=youtube_share;6MplixcPMfY]https://youtu.be/6MplixcPMfY[/video]

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

are you fucking nuts? Brian's legs were breaking down big time by the time he did retire

Liked Posts:
Ever been to Austin or Dallas? Where are you from?

Sorry man, I should have said the backwoods of Texas. I've lived in Houston for 4 years prior to the influx of refugees from Louisiana, so it was nice then. Also love San Antonio. My apologies to the non rednecks from Texas.