Kevin Mawae: Brian Urlacher Was A Better Middle Linebacker Than Ray Lewis

Sammich

Liked Posts:
There are 2 things a man should never do, stab another dude or get hair plugs. So i believe those 2 are a wash. As a bald white dude, Urlacher has shamed my kind. At least we've got Kyle Long. . . .

This x 1000

AussieBear

Well Urlacher could have been a HOF SS or TE, ray... no... there is that.. im sure they take that into account..

AussieBear

There are 2 things a man should never do, stab another dude or get hair plugs. So i believe those 2 are a wash. As a bald white dude, Urlacher has shamed my kind. At least we've got Kyle Long. . . .

stab as in fuck? or stab as in gash a fuck?

cause stabbing is a man thing to do.. been happening since man picked up a stick..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Butkus was aggressive, mean, and total domination. Lawrence Taylor was close and more of an edge LB. Hybrid, actually, wasn't he?

He was a straight up 3-4 OLB edge rusher. Same responsibilities as a DE (outside contain, pass rush) like Leonard Floyd has now. Totally different position to MLB.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lewis was a better all around player. Sorry but it is true. This isn't a slam on Brian, he was amazing but Ray Lewis was the dominant middle linebacker of the early 2000s.

13 Pro Bowls and seven first team All Pros. Three second team all pro selections. Brian, while great only went seven times, and was All Pro five times both first and second team. Lewis almost doubled Urlacher's tackle in his career.

Look at it this way. Ray Lewis played for 16 years and 13 of them he went to the Pro Bowl. Ten of them he was All Pro. Urlacher can't match this. As much as I love Brian he is second fiddle. But coming in second to the (sorry Dick) best middle linebacker to ever play the game is not a bad thing.

The better debate would be Butkus vs Urlacher. That would be very close.

Liked Posts:
Lewis was a better all around player. Sorry but it is true. This isn't a slam on Brian, he was amazing but Ray Lewis was the dominant middle linebacker of the early 2000s.

13 Pro Bowls and seven first team All Pros. Three second team all pro selections. Brian, while great only went seven times, and was All Pro five times both first and second team. Lewis almost doubled Urlacher's tackle in his career.

Look at it this way. Ray Lewis played for 16 years and 13 of them he went to the Pro Bowl. Ten of them he was All Pro. Urlacher can't match this. As much as I love Brian he is second fiddle. But coming in second to the (sorry Dick) best middle linebacker to ever play the game is not a bad thing.

Very insightful and everything you said makes it an obvious choice, Ray Lewis is the GOAT. Sorry meatballs.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
You're a big dumb Texan, like you'd know about anything other than tooth loss and redneck chariot races.

Like someone said this isn't the HOF of what if's.

Just like a troll can't have a debate without calling names and stereotypes.

Go put your head up your ass that's how you come up with your best posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Just like a troll can't have a debate without calling names and stereotypes.

Go put your head up your ass that's how you come up with your best posts

There is no debate. You can't provide enough proof in the world that suggest Urlacher was better than Lewis, no one can.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
There is no debate. You can't provide enough proof in the world that suggest Urlacher was better than Lewis, no one can.

And the other way around except he played longer. So yes it is a debate even if you don't want to except it you're the one that responded to me.

Liked Posts:
I just looked at a couple lists one for ILB's, it was the top 10 and Lewis was number 1 and Urlacher was not on that list. The other was for LB's and Lewis was ranked #2 and Urlacher #15.

Liked Posts:
And did you know that Lewis played longer so really it's you opinion and you think that your right but really it's just a opinion

Longevity is part of the reason he was better than Urlacher. It's just one of the many resounding factors that fall in the category of Lewis being the GOAT.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The warden-Spunky rivalry is one of the more odd things CCS has going.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lewis was a better all around player. Lewis almost doubled Urlacher's tackle in his career.
That is completely false 2055/1354=1.51

But coming in second to the (sorry Dick) best middle linebacker to ever play the game is not a bad thing.

That seems doubtful. Unless your over 70, you didn't see Butkus' career as an adult, if at all, so you can't make that comparison intelligently,esp considering they didn't keep tackle stats. The few they kept, FR (3.63 vs 1.40 per 16 game season) and INT's(2.95 vs 2.17) Butkus was far superior in. As far Pro Bowls, Butkus went to it every single season, including as a rookie other than his last 8/9 and first team AllPro 6/9, a much higher rate than Lewis' 13/17 and 7/17.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Longevity is part of the reason he was better than Urlacher. It's just one of the many resounding factors that fall in the category of Lewis being the GOAT.

Comparing longevity of a 13 yr career vs 17 yrs is meaningless. Once you hit 100games, give or take a few, it's about what you did during your time. If you base things on pure statistical results of longevity, Kerry Collins, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg become top 30 QB's ahead of Aikman, Bradshaw, Namath, and Stabler to name a few.

Liked Posts:
Comparing longevity of a 13 yr career vs 17 yrs is meaningless. Once you hit 100games, give or take a few, it's about what you did during your time. If you base things on pure statistical results of longevity, Kerry Collins, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg become top 30 QB's ahead of Aikman, Bradshaw, Namath, and Stabler to name a few.

4 years doesn't make a difference? I think it makes a huge difference.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No it was because the ravens were consistently in the playoffs won two super bowls and Lewis played long and had his own dance that's why the numbers don't lie. If Brian play as long as Lewis I believe his numbers would be better so that's your opinion and this is mine

except your's is wrong