Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This from Windy City Gridiron:

To me, a bust is a player who - through either injury, poor play and/or attitude - flames out of the league and never comes close to contributing to the league. So, by my definition, former tackle Mark Colombo is not a bust; the fact that he went on and played several solid seasons with the Cowboys saves him the label.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When blake bortles was born the doctor said "#bust #calledit"

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This from Windy City Gridiron:

To me, a bust is a player who - through either injury, poor play and/or attitude - flames out of the league and never comes close to contributing to the league. So, by my definition, former tackle Mark Colombo is not a bust; the fact that he went on and played several solid seasons with the Cowboys saves him the label.

What about Gaines Adams?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Most people disagree with you. Check Sportscenter if you think I'm wrong.

Jesus, people are now claiming validity for an idea like it's gospel because they "saw it on Sportscenter". This board has completely gone to hell.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 11m11 minutes ago

#Bears Rookie safety Adrian Amos was playing with the starters today, in place of Brock Vereen. John Fox said he earned that look.

Did he earn it, or did vereen lose it?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't see a bit of mishandling.
But the bar is set pretty low if the team doing precisely what it is supposed to makes you happy.

That bullshit with Marshall driving the bus in regards to his ankle was just a clown show.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I knew it had to be worse than just "shin splints." The whole thing sounded fishy from the beginning b/c you don't hold out a player from football activities for that long just due to shin splints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Only the same people that called Peyton Manning a bust after year 1. Most rookie QBs struggle and smart fans know this.

LOL. No one was calling Peyton Manning a bust after year 1. Everyone saw the potential. Even SportsCenter.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It isn't the exact same, but the Eagles were pretty excited about 6th round corner JaCorey Shepred being their nickel guy. He was lost to an ACL. At the end of the day this team wasn't going to win because of a rookie. His year 1 development will be disrupted (maybe like Alshon was his rookie year?), but for the long term this is a non issue. It might actually give him more time to prepare for his real first season in the NFL.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I can't see a bit of mishandling.
But the bar is set pretty low if the team doing precisely what it is supposed to makes you happy.

That bullshit with Marshall driving the bus in regards to his ankle was just a clown show.

It makes me happy because not just previous coaching staffs, but currently I'd wager 80% of the staffs currently in the NFL don't pull White aside in OTA's and ask "hey, why are you limping?" and handle it from there the way the Bears did.

Low bar indeed, but one set by the NFL, not just the Bears.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I knew it had to be worse than just "shin splints." The whole thing sounded fishy from the beginning b/c you don't hold out a player from football activities for that long just due to shin splints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? This thread is about finding the true definition of draft bust.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well there were panicky Colts fans calling him one, kinda like panicky Bears fans calling White one now.

LOL. Is this the same amount of people that don't think injury prone players are busts? IE. You?