Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
I would normally agree... however... how do you keep paying a guy to sit on the sidelines that can't even keep his shins healthy. I played highschool/college sports my whole life and never had a shin injury.

At most you put the guy on IR and see how he heals / rehabilitates. If he has problems next year, then you reevaluate. Giving up on the talent at this point is fucking idiotic. That's how franchises get driven into the ground.

Again, he's on his rookie contract, and it's not like we're winning this year.

EDIT: Also, who gives a damn if you personally never had a shin injury? Did you have any injuries? A whole bunch of people get different injuries that you probably did not and recovered.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At most you put the guy on IR and see how he heals / rehabilitates. If he has problems next year, then you reevaluate. Giving up on the talent at this point is fucking idiotic. That's how franchises get driven into the ground.

Again, he's on his rookie contract, and it's not like we're winning this year.

EDIT: Also, who gives a damn if you personally never had a shin injury? Did you have any injuries? A whole bunch of people get different injuries that you probably did not and recovered.

That's fine if you think he's worth keeping, but for the sake of your analogy, white is dead money for at least a year. Why not consider the options of trading the speculative junk for at least a known commodity that is proven to pay dividends?

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I think these guys are trying to be funny..? What's with the names? Got some kind of X-name club going? That's precious

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're fucked. Our QB couldn't hit water if he was standing in a boat and the WRs are cripples.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure this all happened because he attended a JuCo

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
200.gif

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would normally agree... however... how do you keep paying a guy to sit on the sidelines that can't even keep his shins healthy. I played highschool/college sports my whole life and never had a shin injury.

:elephant::elephant::X:X:rofl::rofl::elephant::elephant: :gtfo::walter:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curse those JuCo shins.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
wow. What a start to this season..

This is very concerning on a few fronts:

1.White was touted with being a tall wr with top end speed. How will a rod inserted into shin effect his speed? His ability to be the wr were were hoping for as a top 10 pick could already be affected before he has even stepped onto the field.

2. This statement concerns me greatly:

"Jeff Dickerson ‏@DickersonESPN 9m9 minutes ago
Kevin White suffered a stress fracture in OTAs. #Bears hoped it would heal on its own. It did not."

Now, we're all adults here who know that teams are secretive in a lot of things. BUT, to me, this implies that they KNEW about this but were just hoping that it would heal on its own. So when people were questioning why he wasn't practicing, they were dismissing those concerns, which ultimately came out to be correct. Essentially they were hiding it...

I am not implying that the Bears were lying or anything like that. But considering the PR mess with how the McDonald situation was handled, I wonder how the perception of this will come across.

This is not the "end of Kevin White" or anything extreme like that, but given the history of the Bears and 1st picks the past years and injuries, I think it is perfectly logical for some to be upset and wonder about his future and if this is just another 1st round bust...

And just a quick addition to the discussion of the word 'bust'. I think a bust would be a certain level of expectation/performance from a player not being met based on that person's draft status based on perceived ability or potential. If Kevin White does not perform to the level of his draft status or perceived potential because of this shin issue going forward, then I would considered that a bust...

BEARS

Darkman

Liked Posts:
All is not lost. It sucks White is out, but we still have a decent Offense with Forte, Bennett, Jeffery, and Royal. It's not like Cutler lit it up when we had all the weapons. It's up to Jay and the offense to limit turnovers.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I am talking to a guy who does some work in the medical field and no joke; K white already had his surgery.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
That's fine if you think he's worth keeping, but for the sake of your analogy, white is dead money for at least a year. Why not consider the options of trading the speculative junk for at least a known commodity that is proven to pay dividends?

Because he can still contribute next year and for many years to come. The guy isn't dead.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So many trolls I thought this was a lord of the rings script