Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

mecha

Liked Posts:
when CBMB closed and we came here...

people could say fuck. and act incredibly stupid. together. you're not part of the inner circle and have a differing viewpoint? oh yeah, get ready for the mob. heaven forbid you don't bitch and moan about every single aspect of the team, or hate Cutler, man you're really FUCKED then.

oh shit, it was an incomplete pass, 10 assholes in a row have to point out how big of a fucktard that guy is in the IGT. yeah.

it eventually reaches a point that omeletpants and BF51 are refreshing.

I come here thinking that I'm going to see some kind of deep analysis to break down what's going on with the team, and it progressively gets worse every year. I'm fairly certain a large percentage of the member base exists just to fuck with people, they're not here to talk about their football team.

I say this as a fan of HeHateMe and Grimson. <3

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
What if we went back in time and castrated White's father before he met White's mother, then how much would we save in cap space?

47358102.jpg

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
when CBMB closed and we came here...

people could say fuck. and act incredibly stupid. together. you're not part of the inner circle and have a differing viewpoint? oh yeah, get ready for the mob. heaven forbid you don't bitch and moan about every single aspect of the team, or hate Cutler, man you're really FUCKED then.

oh shit, it was an incomplete pass, 10 assholes in a row have to point out how big of a fucktard that guy is in the IGT. yeah.

it eventually reaches a point that omeletpants and BF51 are refreshing.

I come here thinking that I'm going to see some kind of deep analysis to break down what's going on with the team, and it progressively gets worse every year. I'm fairly certain a large percentage of the member base exists just to fuck with people, they're not here to talk about their football team.

I say this as a fan of HeHateMe and Grimson. <3

thoughs with really good knowledge and insight tend not to post that way. They fall to the same jabs as the less informed. But I can see how hard it is to keep on topic given how immature and antagonistic some posters are.

mecha

Liked Posts:
oh, I also forgot about the endless clamoring for the "dislike system" back.

you people are that simple that you feel like you're getting a leg up by disliking. that's cute.

it's a sports discussion board. come on now.

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we got enough NT value in Goldman, who may be just as good.

I've always wanted Beasley at 7, but now we got two old OLB. McPhee looked like a DT at OLB. We look like we're running at 5-2 defense.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
This is what I would like to know.

Yes he will heal and be just like he was at the combine. He will not lose anything. Like I've stated a few times now I had shin splints when I was in the Marines, I used to run two to three times a day I took care of Marines who needed extra PT due to not being in the best shape as they should of been. I've ran three Marathons in my life and have run for the past 26 years with no reoccurring issues from once having them. I will say shin splints are extremely painful I've had my legs give out on me due to the spikes in pain. Like I've stated previously my legs under the MRI looked like someone took a baseball bat to them. They are caused from not stretching properly the muscles in your legs literally pull your bones apart. Due to him now having the best medical care possible they saw that going under the knife would be a faster recovery then by just having him to continue to stay off his legs as much as possible. With that in mind I can see him coming back by November if not sooner.

I hope this puts your worries to rest he'll be fine and yes it stinks we won't have him from game one.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
White was a great pick football players get hurt deal with it

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
I know some hate it, but can't help but like how Bears handled Kevin White's Injury

Yes, nothing say "good job" like getting rid of a perennial 1200 yard pro-bowler - while sill taking a 6 million dollar cap hit, forcing you to use your first ever draft pick as a GM on his replacement. Then using that pick on a receiver who had one semi-decent college season running a grand total of 3 routes all from one side of the field. Then finding out he has leg issues and hiding it from the fans for 6 weeks. Then lying to us by telling us it so minor that it was a day-to-day issue. Then lying to us again by telling us he might miss all of camp, just to be on the safe side. Then lying to us again by telling us he would miss all of pre-season games - purely precautionary. Now telling us that he requires leg surgery and may miss the whole season.

Well done Pace...
You are implying a lot here. And I'm sure Fox and Co. could care less about hurting some fans feelings and "lying" to them. Lol.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Consider the entire information as a whole:

1) Bears staff notices Kevin is limping even before he knows it during OTAs. They are proactive in getting him off the field.

2) Bears allow Kevin to rehab in private in case he will be able to have the stress fracture heal on its own - not letting other teams gain a competitive advantage should he be ready to take the field this season.

3) Rather than rush White into training camp, they rehab him during it, to see if he can heal on his own without surgery.

4) The minute it becomes obvious he will need the surgery (after a setback in the rehab), they don't dick around; he's getting the surgery, draft status be damned.

Fans and media might be annoyed with this.

But to a prospective player going forward who hears about this?

This projects an organization that actively is looking out for its players, and not just paying lip service to it. There are a number of organizations who would have pushed White to suck it up and he would have been hurt worse in training camp; they might have even disregarded the limp in OTAs.

I love it because it shows even in a bad situation, the team is smart enough to do right, by the team and by the player...
Wow. Fuck you!!!

mecha

Liked Posts:
8759132035_ac16a4c70f.jpg

"somebody fucked up"
"fuck you"
"bust"

LOL

I would be more pissed if this dude was supposed to be on the 2008 team when Marty Booker was brought back. if Jeffery, Royal, and Wilson are the worst case scenario then it's better than "oops I slipped" Johnny Knox, "oops I can't catch" Devin Hester, and... oh right, Earl Bennett was actually ok. can we bring him back? I saw someone request that in another thread.

I hope the front office is actually listening to us.

mecha

Liked Posts:
newsflash: Chris Ballard isn't our GM. and isn't going to be.

so nobody really cares what him or you have to say, eh?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is why it would not make sense, he signed a four-year $16 million contract with 10 million of that being a signing bonus. So no matter what we're on the hook for the 10 million over the course of the next four years. would also be on the hook for this years salary as well.

If we were to cut him we would only save an additional 1.1 million next season and 1.9 million in 2017. I don't think they'll be any issues securing cap space for signing Alshon, because will have the 10,000,000+ from unloading Jared Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Only took three pages for someone to actually answer my question. With those numbers, it doesn't make a lot of sense to cut/trade him. Might as well just hang on and see if he recovers next year. Hopefully mental reps will give him some sort of developmental benefit and we don't have to draft another 1st round WR next year.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Thanks. Only took three pages for someone to actually answer my question. With those numbers, it doesn't make a lot of sense to cut/trade him. Might as well just hang on and see if he recovers next year. Hopefully mental reps will give him some sort of developmental benefit and we don't have to draft another 1st round WR next year.

What's crazy, is that you were actually rationalize cutting White. Really?