Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we got enough NT value in Goldman, who may be just as good.

I've always wanted Beasley at 7, but now we got two old OLB. McPhee looked like a DT at OLB. We look like we're running at 5-2 defense.

Beasley was very Shea like in his first stint at DE. Yes, he did more than White but just saying.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen, I know a lot of people are upset about white, but I'm not interested in the whole bitch fest. When life hands me lemons, I try to find some ice tea and make an Arnold Palmer. I look for solutions, not more problems. You guys can call me stupid all u want, but if exploring options is stupid, you have nothing to contribute to this thread but negativity and there's plenty of other threads for that. Try being constructive if you're gonna criticize people for looking for a silver lining, otherwise you are just a hypocrite.

I'm just baffled on why you think we should cut our 1st round pick just because he is injured.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Listen, I know a lot of people are upset about white, but I'm not interested in the whole bitch fest. When life hands me lemons, I try to find some ice tea and make an Arnold Palmer. I look for solutions, not more problems. You guys can call me stupid all u want, but if exploring options is stupid, you have nothing to contribute to this thread but negativity and there's plenty of other threads for that. Try being constructive if you're gonna criticize people for looking for a silver lining, otherwise you are just a hypocrite.
My opinion is that the best way to salvage something from this is to give him plenty of time to heal, have him on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in the meeting rooms. Have him rehabbing and working with the trainers. If he loses the year he comes in next year way ahead of a fresh rookie, and if he gets to pay a couple of games this year it's just great additional learning experience.

We won't get anything worthwhile in trade for him, and financially it makes no sense to cut him.

So put him on the shelf, let him learn and recover, and hopefully he produces next season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fyi everyone, if you don't play you don't get payed.

Somebody actually said this? Really? The Only time this is applicable is for a non football related injury (aka JPP)

A good shin joke beats a bad facts post every time.
I take that back.
Bad shin jokes beat them as well.

could not agree more. Nothing worse than making shit up..........

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My opinion is that the best way to salvage something from this is to give him plenty of time to heal, have him on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in the meeting rooms. Have him rehabbing and working with the trainers. If he loses the year he comes in next year way ahead of a fresh rookie, and if he gets to pay a couple of games this year it's just great additional learning experience.

We won't get anything worthwhile in trade for him, and financially it makes no sense to cut him.

So put him on the shelf, let him learn and recover, and hopefully he produces next season.

After finally getting a non trolling response, I agreed, and I agree with you too. But first round pick trades have happened in the past so I was curious as to whether that might benefit us in this situation.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm just baffled on why you think we should cut our 1st round pick just because he is injured.

How many times are you going to troll this thread before I report you?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks are missing the joke?

I thought it would be more obvious.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is for not reading the OP, then calling it stupid.

That was my plan, but then I opened of my twenty-three volume copy of the most recent NFL CBA...did you know that Kevin White has the 14th highest cap hit on the team?

Four mothertrucking teen.

So OP....the only real solution is demand the owners lock everyone out again and redo this POS CBA, because the day some shinless rookie demands that kind of cash is a sad day for the entire League.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with this, there would be no savings, and you can't cut the guy anyway.....best you could do would be to trade him for next to nothing. That being said, there is a real cause for concern, and this is a big deal.........Shin splints is often a re-occurring condition.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd have more horse sense hat you.

?????

619QY4pLfSL._UL1500_.jpg

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
There is a "too much whining" thread on the 2nd page for that. This thread is for not reading the OP, then calling it stupid.

Never called anything stupid kid. Here we are on page 4 talking about anything but Bears football. Let's turn this thing around. I don't think there is any solid information out there to suggest that White's injury is career threatening. There has been speculation but nothing from a solid medical source. So despite the unfortunate injury there is still plenty of upside for White whenever he is ready to return. If the Bears were to cut White to "save money", the free agent market is full of skank wide receivers with very little upside for this year or the future. By cutting White the Bears would be in a far worse situation come next off season.

You're obviously concerned with re-signing Jeffery. Jeffery is injured also and his injury could end up being worse than what the Bears are currently eluding too. He also hasn't proven that he can be a true #1 WR yet. He has had two really good seasons but that was in a different offense while playing opposite of Marshall, who drew a lot of attention. This will be the first season Jeffery will draw all the attention from the opposing teams #1 corner or double teams. It will define whether or not Jeffery is a true #1 WR or just a really good WR. That will go a long way toward determining his value for his new contract.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After finally getting a non trolling response, I agreed, and I agree with you too. But first round pick trades have happened in the past so I was curious as to whether that might benefit us in this situation.

No, I'm not trolling at all. I seriously didn't think the OP was serious. Also I don't know what the fuck pickles is talking about. Any time you have any questions about salary caps just go to sportrac.com they have easy to understand charts of the entire contract to figure out how much she would save each year. It is pretty informative but not 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, I'm not trolling at all. I seriously didn't think the OP was serious. Also I don't know what the fuck pickles is talking about. Any time you have any questions about salary caps just go to sportrac.com they have easy to understand charts of the entire contract to figure out how much she would save each year. It is pretty informative but not 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbl, church.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
why would you give alshon a contract now when its obvious his calf is about to fall off?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Is it a guarantee that he will recover 100% from this? Most fractures have a fairly high certainty for a full recovery, but I don't know much about stress fractures in the tibia.

Well he's not going to die, so in that sense he'll recover, but a speed receiver with a rod in his leg before the first game doesn't bode well for his long term prospects. Probably a wasted pick.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why would you give alshon a contract now when its obvious his calf is about to fall off?

Wrong thread, I think the Jefferies Amputation thread fell well off the first page now. This thread is about calling the OP stupid after not reading what he wrote.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he's not going to die, so in that sense he'll recover, but a speed receiver with a rod in his leg before the first game doesn't bode well for his long term prospects. Probably a wasted pick.

It's not a fucking curtain rod for christ's sake. The prognosis on this type of injury is good, the problem is the muscle atrophy. If he has a red shirt year IDGAF, we're rebuilding anyway. Some of you need to take a paxil and chill out.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

I literally just uttered nearly the exact same sentence discussing this with someone.

People are clearly trying hard to remain optimistic, but the fact remains... he is having surgery and a rod implanted in his leg before ever playing a down in the nfl. I wouldnt count on things working out. not saying they wont, but I wouldnt get my hopes up.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
What the hell is the problem with our Bears and first round picks? I swear the team is cursed, no matter the GM, no matter the position
And the reason why I fear a CUTLER replacement try that may take decades.

If you're saying finding an actual good QB may take decades that very well be true. But the Bears replace bad QBs all the time, so finding Cutler's replacement will be easy if he's your standard.