Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

Whateverest

I'm wondering what this will do for him on Madden this year. I may have to sim through the first season just to keep it realistic.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So if you don't understand the contract nor the injury, how can you rationalize cutting White? Without the information, why even postulate the next step?

The very first post was asking about the contract and then there's three pages of people like you calling me stupid for asking about our options now that White might be a bust. Thanks for contributing to the topic I guess. :shrug:

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if you don't understand the contract nor the injury, how can you rationalize cutting White? Without the information, why even postulate the next step?

Because... Da Bears.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why don't you chill out. Obviously you're in a bad mood this morning or something. You're all over this message board talking down to everyone. We're all in the same boat here (assuming you are a Bears fan). The OP just asked a question. If you have answers (which it appears you do), it would be nice to share it in a more human fashion.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree.

Fyi everyone, if you don't play you don't get payed. I'm sure there are injury clauses but even with that, rookie contracts aren't huge.

Oh, lastly, you guys are fuctarded. Lol, at the trying to justify and rationalize cutting our 1st round pick. I thought the draft was the most ignorant time of the year.

Fuctarded is believing this shit or thinking guys don't get paid when injured practicing. Teams can't even release an injured scrub without a 'settlement'. Only time a team can save some is when that injury is non football related, if they can and the bonus is technically already paid so not recovered without player culpability of having it happen outsides the confines of his contract like riding a bike when it's forbidden, going to jail or just retiring when healthy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is why it would not make sense, he signed a four-year $16 million contract with 10 million of that being a signing bonus. So no matter what we're on the hook for the 10 million over the course of the next four years. would also be on the hook for this years salary as well.

If we were to cut him we would only save an additional 1.1 million next season and 1.9 million in 2017. I don't think they'll be any issues securing cap space for signing Alshon, because will have the 10,000,000+ from unloading Jared Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These kinda of insightfull posts aren't welcome round here. Need more shin jokes.

I click on the last page of this thread and there's 2 guys congratulating each other on making shit up.

If you cut him, you have this and next year to pay his entire bonus. It would cost $2-3m more per year in cap space to cut him than to keep him over the next 2 years. As for his cap hit, his deal is guaranteed so unless he's done something away from football to limit his career, cutting him saves us nothing and only accelerates portions of his deal to make it more toxic to the current cap. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP knew this and wanted to see how many would twist in the wind.

A good shin joke beats a bad facts post every time.
I take that back.
Bad shin jokes beat them as well.:rimshot:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I click on the last page of this thread and there's 2 guys congratulating each other on making shit up.

If you cut him, you have this and next year to pay his entire bonus. It would cost $2m more per year to cut him than to keep him over the next 2 years.

A good shin joke beats bad facts posts every time.
I take that back.
Bad shin jokes beat them as well.:rimshot:

Wait, so these two come in here crying "troll" and criticizing posters but are just trolling? I need more coffee. ..

GoBears

Liked Posts:
This thread is all in green, right? I've gone colorblind over the night, right?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Listen, I know a lot of people are upset about white, but I'm not interested in the whole bitch fest. When life hands me lemons, I try to find some ice tea and make an Arnold Palmer. I look for solutions, not more problems. You guys can call me stupid all u want, but if exploring options is stupid, you have nothing to contribute to this thread but negativity and there's plenty of other threads for that. Try being constructive if you're gonna criticize people for looking for a silver lining, otherwise you are just a hypocrite.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yes he will heal and be just like he was at the combine. He will not lose anything. Like I've stated a few times now I had shin splints when I was in the Marines, I used to run two to three times a day I took care of Marines who needed extra PT due to not being in the best shape as they should of been. I've ran three Marathons in my life and have run for the past 26 years with no reoccurring issues from once having them. I will say shin splints are extremely painful I've had my legs give out on me due to the spikes in pain. Like I've stated previously my legs under the MRI looked like someone took a baseball bat to them. They are caused from not stretching properly the muscles in your legs literally pull your bones apart. Due to him now having the best medical care possible they saw that going under the knife would be a faster recovery then by just having him to continue to stay off his legs as much as possible. With that in mind I can see him coming back by November if not sooner.

I hope this puts your worries to rest he'll be fine and yes it stinks we won't have him from game one.

LOL, did you have a rod inserted in your shins?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
without seeing the imaging study/studies..how can you say a stress fx should have healed already? just saying....to say someone F'd up with the amount of info anyone outside of the training and coaching staff has/had is a bit much don't you think...
I also said they can be quirky. Some have a habit to be troublesome because the body isn't treating it like a true break but rest is a big deal and he's been walking on it. It was a suggestion, not a proclamation. 'LIKELY' Fucked up may be strong but it's intended to mean that full resting of it may have been a better course. Force on a stress fracture can destabilize the healing but it's difficult to determine. They can behave oddly. This may have been the team or White wanting to get back asap and making it worse. Maybe not but it definitely wasn't put up in a cast.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no issue with how they are handling it.

Ive had the exact injury, it basically ruined my Sr. season in H.S. which sucked.

You can't work around it, you can go half speed and get better; YOU NEED TO REALLY REST THE SHIN.

This was the best option given what we know right now...i've been there physically, and it just gets worse and worse through practicing/pounding on it, and you can't explode off the leg after awhile.

This. I had a heel stress fracture and while effectively healed well enough to function was noticeable for well over a year. Didn't show up in the first x ray and was shown to circle the entire heal bone on the next one..after it decompressed.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell is the problem with our Bears and first round picks? I swear the team is cursed, no matter the GM, no matter the position
And the reason why I fear a CUTLER replacement try that may take decades.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy suffered a season ending injury doing a rough equivalent of walking to the store to get a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread........How can this not be cause for concern? Can someone say China Doll? If he was a horse..............

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
After the CBMB, it started out good. Back in the day you could come here and someone would post damn near every single internet article written about the bears. People would chime in with good football info. It's just kind of went down hill since then. We've lost some key posters. There have been too many thread derailed by pissing matches. But you can still find good information here, it just takes a little more time. All in all this site is still one of the better Chicago Bears message boards if you are willing to sort through the bullshit. Ironically, it's the freedoms of this site that we all enjoy that also lead to it's downfall.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After the CBMB, it started out good. Back in the day you could come here and someone would post damn near every single internet article written about the bears. People would chime in with good football info. It's just kind of went down hill since then. We've lost some key posters. There have been too many thread derailed by pissing matches. But you can still find good information here, it just takes a little more time. All in all this site is still one of the better Chicago Bears message boards if you are willing to sort through the bullshit. Ironically, it's the freedoms of this site that we all enjoy that also lead to it's downfall.

More bullshit to sort through. ^^^^

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My bad.... I thought that is all this thread was for
There is a "too much whining" thread on the 2nd page for that. This thread is for not reading the OP, then calling it stupid.