Kevin White Megathread: Needs Surgery/Could Miss Entire Season

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what its worth, my sister who is a physical therapist says the rod is there for long-term stability. Thinks it has no affect on long term athletic ability. It is a bone and it got strengthed. Only problem is if it got injured again.

Quite true now read between the lines. The doctors obviously don't think that his tibula would have healed completely on it's own, enough to take the pounding that his job will demand. As such, they put a fucking metal rod in his leg........

That bone undergoes the most stress when it is planted making a hard cut.....something a good receiver needs to be able to do. Considering your muscular skeletal structure is pretty consistent, would not the other leg be suspect for the same type of injury occurring?

It's not like he got creamed going across the middle and a freak injury occurred that broke his dam leg, this is an injury that occurred in OTA's that consisted mainly of.......running routes.....

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Bottom Line is this:

Chris Ballard would have went defense heavy in this draft, ESPECIALLY, with our 1st overall pick, Which BTW was trading up to get DT from USC, Leonard Willaims, especially when he fell to #6. CB would have traded up to get him.

What exactly are you basing this on? Because this sounds pretty dubious. "The guy I wanted would have done exactly what I would have done and everything would have been better!"

You have no idea what Chris Ballad would have done.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
peg-leg.jpg

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
white told reporters the shin injury wasn’t a stress fracture -- he was “adamant” about this, according to the chicago tribune -- and “the game plan for me is to play as soon as possible,” he said, according to the tribune. A sun-times reporter tweeted that white said, “if it was up to me, i would have been on the field.”

ryan pace called a morning press conference on saturday to reveal white is will be having surgery on a stress fracture in his left shin and is out for at least the first six weeks of the season, maybe until week 11.

The bears had been misleading the media on the injury throughout training camp and white lied on friday.

fuck liars, fuck the baersz, & fuck you!

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom Line is this:

Chris Ballard would have went defense heavy in this draft, ESPECIALLY, with our 1st overall pick, Which BTW was trading up to get DT from USC, Leonard Willaims, especially when he fell to #6. CB would have traded up to get him.

And if I was hired as GM I would have went with Kevin White still...but drafted Eric Kendricks in the 2nd round and found some other big fat SOB to stuff the middle in later rounds or FA. Kendricks is gona be a stud.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't get all the chaos about his injury and the long term future...its just a bump in the road like Pace said, its not like he tore his ACL and there is a chance hes never the same.

I think we will see White suit up in the 2nd half of this year. Just get him some game experience this year so its not a total waste and will be that much further ahead for 2016.

I highly doubt he has to sit for 4 months...for something that nearly healed in 6 weeks. Any joe shmoe it probably would have healed but for a pro football player that relies on that part of his body to be at his best .....not so much.

The kid was a top 10 pick because of his talent and potential.....and he's already showing Pace that he is above and beyond expectation off the field.... that's the combination you only see in GREAT players...... White is gona be a stud in the NFL.... just off to a really shitty start.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Why don't you chill out. Obviously you're in a bad mood this morning or something. You're all over this message board talking down to everyone. We're all in the same boat here (assuming you are a Bears fan). The OP just asked a question. If you have answers (which it appears you do), it would be nice to share it in a more human fashion.

You are such a hypocrite.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yes. Because that is obviously what you want to believe.

yeah, youre a fucking idiot, considering i loved the white pick and was saying he should be the pick at seven even when marshall was still on the team.

rob923

Liked Posts:
I just don't get all the chaos about his injury and the long term future...its just a bump in the road like Pace said, its not like he tore his ACL and there is a chance hes never the same.

I think we will see White suit up in the 2nd half of this year. Just get him some game experience this year so its not a total waste and will be that much further ahead for 2016.

I highly doubt he has to sit for 4 months...for something that nearly healed in 6 weeks. Any joe shmoe it probably would have healed but for a pro football player that relies on that part of his body to be at his best .....not so much.

The kid was a top 10 pick because of his talent and potential.....and he's already showing Pace that he is above and beyond expectation off the field.... that's the combination you only see in GREAT players...... White is gona be a stud in the NFL.... just off to a really shitty start.

A sports physician with no connection to the Bears told the Tribune it typically takes three months before an athlete recovering from such surgery can resume training hard and six months before he feels right again. No matter how the Bears spin it, a return this season seems remote.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:

Why is anybody so sure he's gonna be a stud in the nfl. Was he not a one year wonder in college? It's not like he was a dominant wr in college against a lot of guys that won't even play in the nfl. I think people need to ease up on the great talk.

rob923

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's not like White was going to "save" this Bears season anyway. But based on how Pace and Fox lied about the seriousness of White's injury, makes one wonder if Jeffery just has a strained calf ... or if he'll be going into for an amputation any day.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's not like White was going to "save" this Bears season anyway. But based on how Pace and Fox lied about the seriousness of White's injury, makes one wonder if Jeffery just has a strained calf ... or if he'll be going into for an amputation any day.

How are the Lions looking this year?