Kliff Kingsbury the Washington OC: The trade may happen!!!!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What you said is easy to follow, it's just dumb. This is a perfect example of being inductively unreasonable. You're spinning nonsense to fit a narrative.

It could be nothing. Fair enough. It could also be a knock on Caleb Williams. Induction is necessary at this point as everything is inferred, subtext, and pattern recognition. I’ve never said it was anything else.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
WTF are yo talking about? "held on to the ball?" "locked on with happy feet?"
Do you seriously not know that these are the legitimate knocks on him? He holds onto the ball a very long average time. He has happy feet — in other words, he’s looking to run way too much instead of following his reads. Don’t get mad at me for pointing out what EVERYBODY knows are his knocks.

Take off the rose colored shades. Caleb Williams is a good prospect with flaws. There are even more flaws than that. I went with most accepted ones while disregarding anything social.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Do you seriously not know that these are the legitimate knocks on him? He holds onto the ball a very long average time. He has happy feet — in other words, he’s looking to run way too much instead of following his reads. Don’t get mad at me for pointing out what EVERYBODY knows are his knocks.

Take off the rose colored shades. Caleb Williams is a good prospect with flaws. There are even more flaws than that. I went with most accepted ones while disregarding anything social.
Pretty much anyone I've seen, that has a clue, is pretty adamant the Williams does not look to run first. In fact its mostly stated he stays within the pocket as long as possible looking for shots to open up downfield

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty much anyone I've seen, that has a clue, is pretty adamant the Williams does not look to run first. In fact its mostly stated he stays within the pocket as long as possible looking for shots to open up downfield

Its hilarious that people who don't want the CW pick are saying he's similar to Justin and thats the reason they don't want him

All while defending Justin for some inexplicable reason

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It could be nothing. Fair enough. It could also be a knock on Caleb Williams. Induction is necessary at this point as everything is inferred, subtext, and pattern recognition. I’ve never said it was anything else.

I always felt like it's just always just incredibly stupid people who wait until they are told what to think and get mad at those that don't.

I mean, its like, if you are looking at this:
1707164742706.png

If you dare to say "damn, that house is on fire"

These same people will get all offended and say "There's no proof of that. There's no flames. You don't know that. That's just a conspiracy theory. You're an idiot. Haha, hey everyone, come look at the idiot!"

Meanwhile, smoke is still billowing out of the house behind them, and when it finally burns down...

"No one could have seen that coming, so don't get mad at me."

1707164905158.png

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The whole knock on him is his desire to play out of structure. His lack of progressions. His reliance on the big arm to save him. Now, the reason you gave accounts for why he has such a high average to throw. The question always is why he doesn’t take the easier shorter routes.

Bust

Liked Posts:
"My Dawg . . . Congrats!"

It's gonna happen boyz!

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I always felt like it's just always just incredibly stupid people who wait until they are told what to think and get mad at those that don't.

View attachment 34656

These same people will get all offended and say "There's no proof of that. There's no flames. You don't know that. That's just a conspiracy theory. You're an idiot. Haha, hey everyone, come look at the idiot!"

Meanwhile, smoke is still billowing out of the house behind them, and when it finally burns down...

View attachment 34657
And this is why you had to go to jail for storming the capital.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
So let’s say the Bears stick to their guns and draft Williams at #1. Let’s say he pulls an Elway or Manning and holdouts out, after the Bears draft him what would that do to his trade value if they were to trade him to the Commanders as a player and not as the #1 draft pick?

Same compensation or because Williams would have the Bears by the balls would he bring in a significantly less haul as a player instead of a draft pick?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

View attachment 34656

View attachment 34657
This from the extremist that believes every conspiracy theory and bit of propaganda from dubious sources. "I'm an independent thinker and anyone that disagrees with me is being brainwashed by reality"

Have an opinion but stop these bullshit rationalizations. You're just making us all dumber by reading them.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Borrowed from another thread:

1707235621411.png

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Borrowed from another thread:

View attachment 34675
That is one stat. The holding onto the ball and happy feet are a legitimate concern. I think it was Notre Dame that said to beat him, you keep in the structure and make him play back there. They won. Nice try, though. Caleb Williams has issues. Don't gloss over them. As I've said, he's a good prospect, but there are concerns with him. Reading progressions is one of them.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
This from the extremist that believes every conspiracy theory and bit of propaganda from dubious sources. "I'm an independent thinker and anyone that disagrees with me is being brainwashed by reality"

Have an opinion but stop these bullshit rationalizations. You're just making us all dumber by reading them.
This is lying season in the NFL. Having scepticism during lying season doesn't exactly make you a fucking moron.

Things will become clear in the coming weeks but right now it's peak lying season.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The whole knock on him is his desire to play out of structure. His lack of progressions. His reliance on the big arm to save him. Now, the reason you gave accounts for why he has such a high average to throw. The question always is why he doesn’t take the easier shorter routes.
I'm starting to question whether you actually know what your watching when you claim to watch. Williams does not have a problem going though his progressions, even in the slightest. His processing speed is elite. He goes though his progressions on time and SOMETIMES holds out for a bigger opportunity. Too much last year? Yeah perhaps, I won't argue that. But there is not one single legitimate football mind that believes he struggles with progressions. It's objectively false.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is one stat. The holding onto the ball and happy feet are a legitimate concern. I think it was Notre Dame that said to beat him, you keep in the structure and make him play back there. They won. Nice try, though. Caleb Williams has issues. Don't gloss over them. As I've said, he's a good prospect, but there are concerns with him. Reading progressions is one of them.
One game and please, lets see that quote that never happened. Outside of protecting against his scrambles, they never said you beat him by making him play QB. Oh wait! Where have I heard that before?

The idea was to limit his opportunities with a great rush and it's pretty obvious that he's been poorly protected, that keeping him unable to escape a rush would be problematic. He had a bad day for him, 1 tipped pass and one desperation throw late for an INT and one was all him . Besides missing some things he usually hits and that happens to everyone, he still threw for 200 yds and had a 99 rating.

Gee, I guess when they win, It's because of Tahj Washington but when they lose it's because of CW. Check out Fields game against POWERHOUSE Northwestern in his last year. 44%, 114 yds, 2INTs, 0 TDS, 65 rating.
I sure didn't hold one bad game against him and wanted to draft him. Same here.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He goes though his progressions on time and SOMETIMES holds out for a bigger opportunity. Too much last year? Yeah perhaps, I won't argue that.
This is where you agreed with me. We are now good. He repeatedly turned down easy opportunities for the big play.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
One game and please, lets see that quote that never happened. Outside of protecting against his scrambles, they never said you beat him by making him play QB. Oh wait! Where have I heard that before?
Bro, are you okay? I'm deliberately pointing out that CW has many of the same flaws the ABF crew is condemning Fields for.
The idea was to limit his opportunities with a great rush
So, you disagree with me and then explain the context of the point that I had just made. I'm confused. So, yes, buy making him play in the structure, they beat him. Cool. It's an odd way to agree with me, but I'll take it.
and it's pretty obvious that he's been poorly protected, that keeping him unable to escape a rush would be problematic. He had a bad day for him, 1 tipped pass and one desperation throw late for an INT and one was all him . Besides missing some things he usually hits and that happens to everyone, he still threw for 200 yds and had a 99 rating.
Despite that Ms. Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Gee, I guess when they win, It's because of Tahj Washington but when they lose it's because of CW.
Use green font with sarcasm.
Check out Fields game against POWERHOUSE Northwestern in his last year. 44%, 114 yds, 2INTs, 0 TDS, 65 rating.
I sure didn't hold one bad game against him and wanted to draft him. Same here.
Wait, you're saying Caleb Williams only had one bad game? One? Or are you saying that you're not going to hold any of the bad games he had against him for #reasons?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
This is where you agreed with me. We are now good. He repeatedly turned down easy opportunities for the big play.

That can be coached out of a guy though. I’m not saying that every QB will take to that sort of coaching, but it’s way better than having a guy who can’t go through his progressions. That is very difficult to teach somebody. Most guys either have the ability or they don’t. And when the guys who struggle with it early figure it out too often it’s way later in their careers.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That can be coached out of a guy though.
Oh! So, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander? Apparently the ABF crew thinks it can only be Cdubz that can be coached. Got it. Thanks for agreeing with me, though, much appreciated.
I’m not saying that every QB will take to that sort of coaching, but it’s way better than having a guy who can’t go through his progressions. That is very difficult to teach somebody. Most guys either have the ability or they don’t. And when the guys who struggle with it early figure it out too often it’s way later in their careers.
There's no evidence that Fields CAN'T go through his progressions. Some of the biggest knocks of him not going through progressions were shown by all 22 examination to be that Fields actually did a good job going through them. Could this be improved by a sane stacking of progressions that a competent OC would use? Me thinks yaaas.