Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Like I said...not a destination

And you should go back and re-read my post. I mentioned something about this off-season. Go. Read it. It will do you some good....something about turning a corner and mood change of FA. ;)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And you should go back and re-read my post. I mentioned something about this off-season. Go. Read it. It will do you some good....something about turning a corner and mood change of FA. ;)

I did read that which is why I said it hasn't happened before

EDIT: Correction, I said it before you comment. Your comment is wishful thinking based on history. It's too early for a FA to want to come for any reason other than money

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
you have a bias and made Sori fit your bias on how FA want the Cubs. Sori came for the cash which is exactly what I said.

That isn't what you said. You said the Cubs have never been a destination for free agents. That is not very specific, it is on you to explain that what you meant was that free agents are not willing to come to the Cubs for less money, in that case I would agree then. But then again that is pretty much true for any baseball team and free agent.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That isn't what you said. You said the Cubs have never been a destination for free agents. That is not very specific, it is on you to explain that what you meant was that free agents are not willing to come to the Cubs for less money, in that case I would agree then. But then again that is pretty much true for any baseball team and free agent.

I did say that. I said the Cubs aren't getting a player without a 20% bump. Ex. Dodgers offer a Pitcher $100 million. The Cubs need $120 to be competitive.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Being a destination means taking less money, less years, less security. The Cubs are not that team. That is not saying they can't be. It's just not now. I don't think it's next off-season either.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I did read that which is why I said it hasn't happened before

EDIT: Correction, I said it before you comment. Your comment is wishful thinking based on history. It's too early for a FA to want to come for any reason other than money
LOL. If that was the case, experts wouldn't consider Chicago as a real contender in the Lester sweepstakes.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Being a destination means taking less money, less years, less security.
St Louis isn't a destination according to you then. Albert Pujols didn't take less money, less years or less security. As a matter of fact, there are very few players who ever take "less money, less years, less security."

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
St Louis isn't a destination according to you then. Albert Pujols didn't take less money, less years or less security. As a matter of fact, there are very few players who ever take "less money, less years, less security."
You guys had a name change????

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not trollng but also not allowing you to change subjects

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not trollng but also not allowing you to change subjects
I provided a clear example of why your definition isn't a very good one. Keep trolling, bro. Some day you may win the internet.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I provided a clear example of why your definition isn't a very good one. Keep trolling, bro. Some day you may win the internet.
Keep telling yourself that and perhaps you ll convince someone including yourself of that

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Is there an example of a team who repeatedly gets free agents for less money, years and security? I would like to see multiple examples of a team that this has happened to.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is there an example of a team who repeatedly gets free agents for less money, years and security? I would like to see multiple examples of a team that this has happened to.
His definition of "destination" sucks donkey balls. The Yankees are a destination team. They've always outbid every other team to get the player. It's a business. It's about money. Players want a paycheck and they want to play for a winner. What Brett05 doesn't want to admit is that the Cubs are turning the corner and other professionals are recognizing that.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Theo factor

It is part of it, but if Theo were with a team like the Phillies I doubt there'd be many rumors about him going there. We've heard it from Price, and Archer that the Cubs are now a very intriguing landing spot for FA pitchers