Leonard Floyd has more sacks than Khalil Mack this year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Its not just sacks, Floyd has more pressures and qb hits too.

QB hits for Floyd = 16. QB hits for Quinn/Mack combined(12).

He also has more tackles for loss than khalil mack.

I was all for keeping floyd, always thought he was a good talent just being misused. Then again, if we kept him he'd have 2 sacks right now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think some of the blame has to fall on Mack. This isn’t all Pagano or the refs. He’s just not playing as well.

The entire defense, outside of quan, isn't playing as well.

Fuller is still solid, but not an all pro like he's been in years past. JJ has hit that rookie wall recently. Eddie Jackson has been absolute dogshit this year, and if it continues that contract will be one of the worst in bears history.

Hicks has played solid. Outside of Hicks/Quan the rest of our front 7 has been pretty damn bad.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw a stat, can't remember where it was, that the analytics say that a pass rush isn't nearly an indicator of success as stats from the secondary.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw a stat, can't remember where it was, that the analytics say that a pass rush isn't nearly an indicator of success as stats from the secondary.
Often the success of one is paramount to the success of the other IMHO !!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Often the success of one is paramount to the success of the other IMHO !!
I don't necessarily buy analytics for football, think there are way too many variables as opposed to the other 3 major leagues. Just thought it was an interesting argument.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mack is one of the best players in the NFL. Comparing stickman Floyd to Mack is fucking ridiculous. Floyd is playing with a future hall of famer, probably one of the best to every play the position, save Warren Sapp. Mack has who? The dude gets triple teamed, double teamed, chipped and I am almost certain he's playing injured. Add to the fact that he's playing from behind in almost every game, in a soft scheme, for a loser coach. Mack never quits though. I am sure if you polled every offensive coordinator in the NFL they all scheme to take him out of the game.

Is hicks trash? He’s one of the best DEs in the game. The whole double/triple team narrative with Mack is bullshit. Dude gets single blocked routinely and still goes MIA for weeks at a time. I hope he’s playing injured because his effort looks poor, and the power and explosion we saw in 18 looks like a distant memory. He used to routinely blow up doubles and triples and now is struggling with man on man

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mack is one of the best players in the NFL. Comparing stickman Floyd to Mack is fucking ridiculous. Floyd is playing with a future hall of famer, probably one of the best to every play the position, save Warren Sapp. Mack has who? The dude gets triple teamed, double teamed, chipped and I am almost certain he's playing injured. Add to the fact that he's playing from behind in almost every game, in a soft scheme, for a loser coach. Mack never quits though. I am sure if you polled every offensive coordinator in the NFL they all scheme to take him out of the game.
You know why Floyd gets a lot of Sacks? Because Donald gets doubled and tripled constantly. And guess what? Donald still is a pressure and Sack machine!

Mack doesn’t get excuses. He’s paid to produce. He’s paid to affect games and be a nightmare for QBs. He rarely is anymore.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For the last 6 weeks, they have been behind almost the entire game..Way to go offense
The offense literally never scoring while the game still matters plays absolutely no part in that.

You can stick to your small sample sizes but what we've seen during the Nagy era is a defense that never gets to pin their ears back since mid-'18. They've given up because they've been asked to win games by themselves and they're tired of it.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense literally never scoring while the game still matters plays absolutely no part in that.

You can stick to your small sample sizes but what we've seen during the Nagy era is a defense that never gets to pin their ears back since mid-'18. They've given up because they've been asked to win games by themselves and they're tired of it.
You just made my point for me...Pagano holds the defense back..Thanks

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
We like to run our players down, Floyd wasn't an all star while here and probably didn't play up to where he was drafted, but how often do we let players walk we've drafted only for them to continue being functional/good/serviceable for other teams and we get worse as a result.

no matter what round a player is drafted if they are a solid nfl starter than for me that pick was worth it.

Last edited:

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I was worried the defense would drop off when Fangio left and unfortunately my fears manifested

vic was the main reason we went to the playoffs. Second was Nagy ran a basic offense. Then Vic leaves and Nagy goes into his oompa loompa offense and the rest is history

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily buy analytics for football, think there are way too many variables as opposed to the other 3 major leagues. Just thought it was an interesting argument.

no argument with you here, just an opinion

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Floyd is a future HOFer. Chicago is where linebackers go to die

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You just made my point for me...Pagano holds the defense back..Thanks
That wasn't your point LMAO
Literally nothing during our back and forth suggested anything about Pagano holding them back, which i actually agree with.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wasn't your point LMAO
Literally nothing during our back and forth suggested anything about Pagano holding them back, which i actually agree with.
I suggest you go back and read the thread from the beginning

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I suggest you go back and read the thread from the beginning
Im talking about what we were saying to each other. I'm not reading the whole thread because you can't keep track of everything you're trying to argue.