Leonard Floyd has more sacks than Khalil Mack this year

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im talking about what we were saying to each other. I'm not reading the whole thread because you can't keep track of everything you're trying to argue.

So, you agree that I have been saying that Pagano holds the d back?

here is more for you

**OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Lions (Battle 4 Da Basement Edition)
The defense gave up 34 points to a bad team,and couldn't get off the field to save their life. The prior possession to the fumble took 7 plays to score a TD Im not saying other units didnt contribute, but the D was the biggest factor in that loss They lost that game

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, you agree that I have been saying that Pagano holds the d back?

here is more for you

**OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Lions (Battle 4 Da Basement Edition)
The defense gave up 34 points to a bad team,and couldn't get off the field to save their life. The prior possession to the fumble took 7 plays to score a TD Im not saying other units didnt contribute, but the D was the biggest factor in that loss They lost that game
Yes, i agree. But my point was that you're basing everything off of a single game where the offense got a double digit lead and the defense couldn't make any stops. I'm talking about something that spans multiple seasons.

This defense rarely gets to pin their ears back and rush the passer. This is a fact. But at this point it doesn't matter. They're done. You saw it two weeks ago vs GB. They're no longer playing with the same energy as they used to. They know where this season leads. Same place as last season, where Pagano had them as the #4 points defense in the NFL despite getting no help from his offense. Whats happened the past couple weeks and what will continue happening over the course of the next month imo isn't really representative of what this D would do if they had any help.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
People have a fundamental misunderstanding of how NFL defenses adapted to what seemed like the inevitability of half the games each week featuring two teams scoring more than forty points each. Remember that Chiefs vs Rams game on Monday Night Football in 2018 and how everyone said THAT was the future? The Chiefs have scored more than forty points in a game only twice since. The Rams havent scored over forty at all since.

This happened because defensive coordinators realized that in order to beat these offenses that look to score quick the best strategy (by far) was to take away the big play and force opponents to put together fifteen-ish play scoring drives if they wanted to get in the endzone. That's a lot of plays to go without somebody on offense making catastrophic mistake resulting in a turnover or a holding penalty creating a 1st & 20 or 2nd & 20 situation (basically a death sentence for a touchdown drive).

By and large this has worked, but it will give the illusion that a defense is playing poorly because they give up more than a dozen first downs in just one half of football. Or that the sack numbers aren't where you'd expect them to be.

That said Mack has underperformed since his relatively impressive start and Quinn basically disappeared the same time the Bears loss-streak developed.
I dont completely disagree with what youre saying, but the sack numbers arent down for Floyd and a list of other defenders in the league. i think that fact shows you that you are not correct in that assertion

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, i agree. But my point was that you're basing everything off of a single game where the offense got a double digit lead and the defense couldn't make any stops. I'm talking about something that spans multiple seasons.

This defense rarely gets to pin their ears back and rush the passer. This is a fact. But at this point it doesn't matter. They're done. You saw it two weeks ago vs GB. They're no longer playing with the same energy as they used to. They know where this season leads. Same place as last season, where Pagano had them as the #4 points defense in the NFL despite getting no help from his offense. Whats happened the past couple weeks and what will continue happening over the course of the next month imo isn't really representative of what this D would do if they had any help.
The post I answered to stated the Bears d would do better if they played with a lead...I pointed out that the last game they didnt

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The post I answered to stated the Bears d would do better if they played with a lead...I pointed out that the last game they didnt
I understand that. What i've been saying is a 1 game sample size is not a great answer to a multi-season long problem. Last post i'll make regarding the matter because it shouldn't be that tough to figure out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So....the Bears should have kept Floyd on the cheap and unloaded that hefty contract of Mack?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Khalil Mack is laughing all the way to the bank ca$hin checks.. he doesn’t have to do anything for a few years until his next contract roles around.

They will both have one really good year in 2 years for a 9-7 team and the Bears will give them lifetime contracts

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack is not even in the top 30 when it comes to QB pressures. It's bad investments like this that makes teams struggle for years.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
For decades this ownership, management and coaching staffs has been arrogant, lazy and lacked foresight.

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Is hicks trash? He’s one of the best DEs in the game. The whole double/triple team narrative with Mack is bullshit. Dude gets single blocked routinely and still goes MIA for weeks at a time. I hope he’s playing injured because his effort looks poor, and the power and explosion we saw in 18 looks like a distant memory. He used to routinely blow up doubles and triples and now is struggling with man on man
Totally agree, there's no excuse to be had about double and triple teams, Mack has not been a force this year, hell he even mentioned it himself after the GB game. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that deal with the Raiders is looking worse every year.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that. What i've been saying is a 1 game sample size is not a great answer to a multi-season long problem. Last post i'll make regarding the matter because it shouldn't be that tough to figure out.
It made his statement false..That is a fact

Now..Please stop beating a dead horse

gopher72

Liked Posts:
People have a fundamental misunderstanding of how NFL defenses adapted to what seemed like the inevitability of half the games each week featuring two teams scoring more than forty points each. Remember that Chiefs vs Rams game on Monday Night Football in 2018 and how everyone said THAT was the future? The Chiefs have scored more than forty points in a game only twice since. The Rams havent scored over forty at all since.

This happened because defensive coordinators realized that in order to beat these offenses that look to score quick the best strategy (by far) was to take away the big play and force opponents to put together fifteen-ish play scoring drives if they wanted to get in the endzone. That's a lot of plays to go without somebody on offense making catastrophic mistake resulting in a turnover or a holding penalty creating a 1st & 20 or 2nd & 20 situation (basically a death sentence for a touchdown drive).

By and large this has worked, but it will give the illusion that a defense is playing poorly because they give up more than a dozen first downs in just one half of football. Or that the sack numbers aren't where you'd expect them to be.

That said Mack has underperformed since his relatively impressive start and Quinn basically disappeared the same time the Bears loss-streak developed.
Hey M - IR understand what u r saying. And I get it that it's harder to go 90 yards than 50 yards. I know that strategy is sound for HS because young kids have short attention spans and most HS teams have trouble stringing more than 2 or 3 first downs together. But purposely employing a bend but don't break in the pros? I'm just wondering who your sources are. Just asking. Thanks.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
a bunch of idiots. Floyd is not getting double and triple teamed on every play. Another meatball post

Posts factual stats... “You’re a bunch of idiots, get off my lawn.”