Leonard Floyd has more sacks than Khalil Mack this year

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To go along with being wrong most of the time, you also dont have a sense of humor
I've been right about this team damn near every step of the way and there's nothing funny about someone who continues to prove that they either can't read or cant comprehend what people are discussing on a message board that's meant for Bears discussion.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
man-with-shovel-digging-a-hole-vector-7682860.jpg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d just like to point out how great of a head coach Sean McVay is. The dude boldly fired Wade Phillips, and pretty much hired a no name coach to replace him in order to install Fangio’s scheme in LA.

Apparently he was obsessed with that destruction Fangio put on him in 2018, one that McVay himself had no schematic answer for and the reason he ultimately lost in the super bowl. And it worked to perfection.

Brandon Staley was Leonard Floyd’s OLB coach in 2017-2018, so I assume he played a big part in why they ultimately signed Floyd. Having a versatile outside linebacker is a big part of Fangio’s scheme.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I’d just like to point out how great of a head coach Sean McVay is. The dude boldly fired Wade Phillips, and pretty much hired a no name coach to replace him in order to install Fangio’s scheme in LA.

Apparently he was obsessed with that destruction Fangio put on him in 2018, one that McVay himself had no schematic answer for and the reason he ultimately lost in the super bowl. And it worked to perfection.

Brandon Staley was Leonard Floyd’s OLB coach in 2017-2018, so I assume he played a big part in why they ultimately signed Floyd. Having a versatile outside linebacker is a big part of Fangio’s scheme.

I remember watching that Super Bowl thinking "the Bears provided the blueprint for beating the Rams". credit to Belichick for actually studying what other teams did and applying it to win the Super Bowl.

you all have your laundry list of shit you wish the Bears could do, I wish they had a coach that could take the wisdom of a team like the 49ers that beat the fuck out of the Packers and use that to... beat the fuck out of the Packers. the shit's out there, why is our mental giant coach not using it like every other civilized coach would?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanna say Mack would have double the sacks that Floyd had if the roles were reversed, but it would just be lost on those who want to criticize the Mack trade.

1. Mack is not getting there, but we have a staff that doesn't put any of the players in position to succeed. Any good plays that happen don't appear to be the product of a good call or play design. Hicks or Mack or whoever has to do something amazing to make a play.

2. This team is a train wreck. Mack actually got a sack last week but Skrine committed a penalty taking it off the boards.

3. Pagano's soft system doesn't help much if you expect pressure. How often has Mack dropped into coverage? How often have they rushed 3?

Mack hasn't performed to expectations but it's totally wrong to lay the blame totally on him.

Watch what happens when/if he does get traded.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
So Leonard Floyd Leads the Rams so far with 9.5 sacks and one of the better players on the D.
Looks like we gave up on him too soon.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Leonard Floyd Leads the Rams so far with 9.5 sacks and one of the better players on the D.
Looks like we gave up on him too soon.
No. He has a future hall of fame tackle that collapses the pocket. I always liked Floyd he was solid I’m glad he’s having a good year, but he’s not an athletic freak like Mack.

We have no inside rush. Teams constantly double Hicks because there’s no real nose tackle. The olbs are doing their jobs mostly.

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Good for Floyd, always liked the player. He would have flourished with another year or two under the Fangio staff. We really don’t take into account the impact a good coach makes on a player.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mack is one of the best players in the NFL. Comparing stickman Floyd to Mack is fucking ridiculous. Floyd is playing with a future hall of famer, probably one of the best to every play the position, save Warren Sapp. Mack has who? The dude gets triple teamed, double teamed, chipped and I am almost certain he's playing injured. Add to the fact that he's playing from behind in almost every game, in a soft scheme, for a loser coach. Mack never quits though. I am sure if you polled every offensive coordinator in the NFL they all scheme to take him out of the game.
Hicks!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I said it last year, this team wasn’t ready for the Mack the trade. I’m still right a year later.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is an ass for letting him walk

I shit on Pace more than most as his ass kisser DaBears can attest. However, getting rid of Floyd was the right move at the time. Don't be fooled by the Aaron Donald effect and let's see if the Rams try to sign him long term.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I remember watching that Super Bowl thinking "the Bears provided the blueprint for beating the Rams". credit to Belichick for actually studying what other teams did and applying it to win the Super Bowl.

you all have your laundry list of shit you wish the Bears could do, I wish they had a coach that could take the wisdom of a team like the 49ers that beat the fuck out of the Packers and use that to... beat the fuck out of the Packers. the shit's out there, why is our mental giant coach not using it like every other civilized coach would?
We don’t have the personnel on D or O to do it.... they can look at how the Bucs destroyed packers this year too....

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Didn’t we drop Floyd into coverage far too often for him to get these kinds of sack numbers? Rightly or wrongly we clearly used him differently.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I shit on Pace more than most as his ass kisser DaBears can attest. However, getting rid of Floyd was the right move at the time. Don't be fooled by the Aaron Donald effect and let's see if the Rams try to sign him long term.

i understand the effect of Donald but with how our defense runs floyd is a much better option. Quinn is a fish out of water in our defense.