Let's Put Theo and Jed to sleep

chibears55

Liked Posts:
3 years will be in after 2014 and the Cubs still won't have won 83 games in a season under Ricketts or Theo/Jed.

Maybe 3 seasons of failure and losing will be enough to right the ship, but there is no magical amount of losing seasons that turn this ship around.

That's my issue, every season should be sacred, Castro, Barney Shark and Russell are among the few that remain from Hendry's tenure at the MLB level.

At what point is the team completely gutted and ready to win? Because I'm not seeing a winner this year or 2015, and I thought 2015 was when the trips to the playoffs were supposed to begin.

im not gonna argue about not wasting seasons, but we see teams every year that you know just go through the motion because they dont have a prayer and their not even trying to fix it.

This team is completely gutted now, its just a matter of waiting on a few of these kids to come up and see if they belong.
How fast they perform and who they add to them will determine playoff hopes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ah. A sox fan.

That explains it. Trying to rile up the masses for your personal enjoyment...

He isn't a Sox fan. He at least used to be a Cubs fan. He may think he is a Sox fan just because he decided to jump ship when a team was bad and a few guys with internet access complained about it a ton, but he has no form of true allegiance characteristic of a fan at all.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would venture to guess that some of those replies arent fisch's words.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Obviously it's still pretty early, but based on what I've seen so far, this team does not look nearly as bad as people were making it out to be...

With a couple more pieces (whether from the prospect pool or from free agency) and consistent play from the assets currently here, they could be pretty respectable next year... I don't think we're as far away from being contenders as some people think.

Of course we'll need some luck but it definitely does not seem out of the realm of possibility.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Obviously it's still pretty early, but based on what I've seen so far, this team does not look nearly as bad as people were making it out to be...

The Cubs are on pace to win 54 games.

54-108 is better than you expected?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

With a couple more pieces (whether from the prospect pool or from free agency) and consistent play from the assets currently here, they could be pretty respectable next year... I don't think we're as far away from being contenders as some people think.

Of course we'll need some luck but it definitely does not seem out of the realm of possibility.

yea being 6 games out 2 weeks in has so much reason to be optimistic.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Your issue is that patg and mountsalami hated the rebuilding process and you saw them as some form of leader; or in their own terms, you wanted to be their sheep.

Note how you went from incessant and annoying poster who did nothing but post :troll: faces everywhere to one who does nothing but complain about the front office, bump old threads as if they help you make your point and create new threads just to bait.

Get over yourself and your idols.

I still love how people that hate the theo regime get banished for having a negative opinion but the kool aid drinkers get to stay for being truly optimistic.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, to be fair, the Cubs never had a shot this year but the Brewers are also ridiculously hot. I think they have at least a 3 game lead on the whole division. No one saw that coming. I thought the Reds would regress, but I never saw the Brewers coming out this hot.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still love how people that hate the theo regime get banished for having a negative opinion but the kool aid drinkers get to stay for being truly optimistic.

Eh, they get banished from everywhere. I like some of them, but they troll on purpose. One just wants to fight no matter what. Some of them can have baseball discussions. Some is just no point because they refuse to acknowledge anything.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

Spoken exactly like someone who's looked only at the standings. Close losses are still losses, but this team hasn't looked as bad as you want to believe.

Not like I said they're ready to be contenders right now...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Spoken exactly like someone who's looked only at the standings. Close losses are still losses, but this team hasn't looked as bad as you want to believe.

Agreed.

Cubs could easily have a 9-3 record.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Not really mad, because I couldn't care less as a Sox fan. Cub fans deserve better. That's all I'm asking and Cub fans argue with me that they don't deserve better than PR campaigns and outright lies and hypocrisy from all levels of management.

:lol:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Give it another month or so & you'll see.

Your roster is filled with horse shit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

it was sarcasm just so you know and your little thanking buddies know. the point is you are looking at a bright side of what? no bull pen, 1 starter, an overrated ss and 1bn who probably wont be on this team when they ever contend, an outfield full of 4th outfielders and on and on and on. ok so you played some "close games" when you become 20 gb will you still have that same fucking optimism? "zomfgzzz we still playedzz themszz closezz" please dude. your only prayer is that bryant,almora,and baez pan out and arent 40 years old by the time the cubs get any depth on any level in pitching. false hope

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was sarcasm just so you know and your little thanking buddies know. the point is you are looking at a bright side of what? no bull pen, 1 starter, an overrated ss and 1bn who probably wont be on this team when they ever contend, an outfield full of 4th outfielders and on and on and on. ok so you played some "close games" when you become 20 gb will you still have that same fucking optimism? "zomfgzzz we still playedzz themszz closezz" please dude. your only prayer is that bryant,almora,and baez pan out and arent 40 years old by the time the cubs get any depth on any level in pitching. false hope

A top 5 pick the next two years could easily change top of the oration pitching depth. The cubs actually have pitching depth just not top of the rotation. A lot of 3s to 5s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well, to be fair, the Cubs never had a shot this year but the Brewers are also ridiculously hot. I think they have at least a 3 game lead on the whole division. No one saw that coming. I thought the Reds would regress, but I never saw the Brewers coming out this hot.

I think there are a few similarities here. The Brewers have a SS, catcher, pitcher, and LF as a core built from within. Kinda sounds like the Cubs SS, pitcher, 1B, and catcher.

Difference is, they obtained the Cubs former 3rd basemen and pitcher, and Kyle Lohse as free agents.

I know it's way too early, but I think this is where some were saying that you can indeed give yourself a chance to succeed at the parent level without mortgaging the farm, and still click on all cylinders throughout the organization.

BTW, Milwaukee's payroll is currently at 103 million. :thinking:

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

Lol, did you think your remark was subtle? Of course you were being sarcastic... I responded appropriately...

- No bullpen: more than half the bullpen blows, no argument there. Not exactly "no" bullpen though and probably not incredibly difficult to improve
- 1 starter: Are you referring to Shark? Wood? Hammel? Oh wait, that's three starters off to very solid starts. Jackson sucks, no argument there either. We'll see how Arrieta does when he gets back.
- Overrated SS and 1B: these guys have been discussed ad nauseum... they may be overrated in some circles but they're showing signs of life and they're still a couple years off from their physical primes
- Outfield of 4th outfielders: yeah, most likely none of those guys are worth anything...

"Close games"? Lol, put it in quotes to try and minimize it... whatever, man. 6 of our 8 losses were by a differential of 2 or less... those aren't exactly blowouts. Like I said, close losses are still losses, but don't try and make it sound like they're getting destroyed because they're not. They might be later on in the year but they haven't been yet.

All I'm saying is that for all the crap people have been talking about them this year, this team is actually not that far off from being respectable... that's with "no bullpen, 1 starter, an overrated SS and 1b and a bunch of 4th outfielders"... add in 2-3 solid players from the minors or free agency and yeah, I think this could be a respectable squad.

I've read enough of your posts to know you won't even consider objectively evaluating this team so I won't bother arguing with you anymore. Hate on.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Awww... I can't put moderators on my ignore list? What a grave injustice...

Guess I'll just have to exercise some discipline... :)