Lions drop off Brinks Truck at Goff's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Even if Goff had not made any money in his football career up to this point, if he plays three years, his career earnings would still be greater than those of Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson combined. That’s just sick.

Granted, none of them have ever won anything, but still that just seems so wrong.
Lions ruining careers faster than the disappearance of the Great Barrier Reef, makes me fckn sick

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
QUITE A BIT OF IT IS INCENTIVES, plus there is an opt out after year two, considering the QB market it's a fairly team friendly deal
Oh yeah, and he earned every dollar of it. I'm all about players getting every penny they can.

I'm just surprised at the top line dollar figure is all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reynolds dropped an easy pass.

Pass was not easy. He was running back to the ball and pass was thrown outside and he had to twist his body to try and catch it. Still catchable but not a good pass. Now the drop he had on 3rd and 10 was brutal.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm just curious as to how the total numbers stack up to Justin Herbert's extension down the line. Considering that they are both likely to be able to play out the entirety of the contract, this really is going to be a side-by-side comparison for me.

And, it seems, the Superbowl window for these teams are the next four years before it is time to replace their more expensive, non-QB talents with rookies. In 2027 and 2028, we will be seeing if these QBs are the type that keep the Superbowl window open, like Mahomes and Allen are accomplishing now.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The Lions really did it. Lets not be koi, they let a couple years of luck and mediocrity turn into a 4 year 200M commitment. They reely cant help themselves. This whole bluefinprint is going to flounder. I swear to cod this franchise is the joke that writes itself.
I am not sure this is a crappie deal. Walleye would have expected the Lions to bring him in on a smaller number, this only lox them in on QB alongside the guys that make up the rest of the core of their offense - St Brown and Sewell. They have cast their lot on the next four years before they have to make hard decisions, and are tying their line to being successful drafters instead of spending larger sums in FA.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pass was not easy. He was running back to the ball and pass was thrown outside and he had to twist his body to try and catch it. Still catchable but not a good pass. Now the drop he had on 3rd and 10 was brutal.

Seems he's clammed up. Whale of thread. Lions have sealed their fate. Can't believe they did this on porpoise.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
What do I think?

I think its a very detroit move. There is a reason the rams traded him, they knew he wasnt good enough to win a superbowl.

50m+ a year for a guy who cant even perform well against the bears.

He's not a bad QB, but the lions hitched their wagon for their "run" to a guy who already proved he wasnt good enough

msadows

Liked Posts:
Seems he's clammed up. Whale of thread. Lions have sealed their fate. Can't believe they did this on porpoise.

I mean they were kinda stuck when they traded #6 to draft a backup running back and then passed on will levis to draft a backup linebacker.

Shoulda traded up last year for one of the top 3 or just drafted levis at #18.

I'm sure you'll have a lions fan chime in how good gibbs is, who gives a shit, he plays the least valuable position for the starting 22 and already has a top 10 contract.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ultimately, Reynolds had much more to do with the Lions loss than Gibbs.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do I think?

I think its a very detroit move. There is a reason the rams traded him, they knew he wasnt good enough to win a superbowl.

50m+ a year for a guy who cant even perform well against the bears.

He's not a bad QB, but the lions hitched their wagon for their "run" to a guy who already proved he wasnt good enough
didn't you say Stafford wsn't good enought to win a SB?

You don't do very well at this, I would just remain silent.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Little Johnny tag along, incapable of an original thought.
Do you really want to do this? I noticed the mods took down some of my posts where I fucking ravished your sorry existence.

You are a pathetic troll, and bonus, you actually look the part.

Honest question, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you really want to do this? I noticed the mods took down some of my posts where I fucking ravished your sorry existence.

You are a pathetic troll, and bonus, you actually look the part.

Honest question, what the fuck is wrong with you?
He’s a senior citizen who has spent the past decade F5ing CCS and pretending to be a Lions fan because Bears fans mocked his posts. between this and talking about discus fish, I’d say this guy has absolutely zero purpose in life.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s a senior citizen who has spent the past decade F5ing CCS and pretending to be a Lions fan because Bears fans mocked his posts. between this and talking about discus fish, I’d say this guy has absolutely zero purpose in life.
There should be a 1,000 option for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.