Lions vs packers tonight on thursday night football in game thread for official football talk!

Whomst do you want to see injured tonight

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The reference was clearly in regard to previously undiscovered intelligent life here on Earth. If you did not understand the reference, chances are you would not understand the rest.

As for wormholes, not sure what your point was. There is a big difference between a "wormhole" and a wormhole that is traversable.

Wormholes constructed based on the criteria laid out by general relativity suffer a major problem: They're not actually traversable. The entrances of general relativity wormholes are hidden behind event horizons, which are one-way barriers in space. That means if you were to enter the wormhole, you could never leave, which would defeat the purpose.

The other problem is that they are ridiculously unstable. The moment even a single photon, or light particle, enters the throat, the whole wormhole catastrophically collapses before that packet of light can escape.

This doesn't even begin to get into the intense gravity one would experience, or, the fact it would be a one way trip.

Or the amount of energy one would need to use to create one. We are talking whole planets, or small stars.

And there is still the problem of how much travel one would need to do to first even reach the (pre-existing) wormhole (on the extremely remote possibility it was traversable), and how far away after exiting it, they would still be from Earth, as one relatively close does not appear to exist.

You're assuming we're the top of the food chain and the peak of scientific knowledge. That could be the case though I'd bet against it. It's arrogant to presume we are the peak given the mind-blowing number of habitable planets we've already discovered in just a short period of time studying the skies.

Now ask yourself if we aren't the peak of scientific and technological knowledge and what if something else is further along evolution wise than us by even just 100 years? What about 200 years? 2,000 years? 200,000 years? 2,000,000 years? 20,000,000 years? Hell, 2,000,000,000 years? What would seem impossible to someone less than 125 years ago (flying) is now considered every day life.

Now imagine a similar evolutionary tract but on a galactic scale, who knows what type of crazy shit they've created if their species has been alive a million years longer than us. Who knows, maybe for them a trip to Earth from Alpha Centauri is just an every day 'Tuesday'.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Purdy's career passing rating is 107. Dak's is 98. Goff is 93. They are both better.

Yall gave up 37 to the Seahawks. Dallas PPG is 12.7. Yours is 20.8. They are a better D. Sorry.

Yes they can upset one of them. I dont think they have a chance in hell of beating all 3 of them if required to get to the SB.
Give me a break, the Cowboys have played the Giants, Jets, and Cardinals.
You do realize quality of opponent matters, right?

Jared Goff has a PFF of 83.7 this year
Dak has a PFF of 63.8

Get out of here with your career BS.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're assuming we're the top of the food chain and the peak of scientific knowledge. That could be the case though I'd bet against it. It's arrogant to presume we are the peak given the mind-blowing number of habitable planets we've already discovered in just a short period of time studying the skies.

Now ask yourself if we aren't the peak of scientific and technological knowledge and what if something else is further along evolution wise than us by even just 100 years? What about 200 years? 2,000 years? 200,000 years? 2,000,000 years? 20,000,000 years? Hell, 2,000,000,000 years? What would seem impossible to someone less than 125 years ago (flying) is now considered every day life.

Now imagine a similar evolutionary tract but on a galactic scale, who knows what type of crazy shit they've created if their species has been alive a million years longer than us. Who knows, maybe for them a trip to Earth from Alpha Centauri is just an every day 'Tuesday'.

I never assumed any such thing. Putting words in my mouth is the response of a weak argument. As a matter of fact, I would almost guarantee other life in some form is not only possible, it is probable.

But then you go on to jump the shark with rainbows and unicorns. This is the problem with your pie in the sky speculation. You would need the energy the sun produces over 100 million years to make a wormhole about the size of a grapefruit. No one knows how even an advanced civilization could access that much negative energy

/end stupid discussion

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Except no. Purdy and Prescott are not better than Goff.
Try again? Dallas's D is so great, how many did the lowly Cards score against them?
Niners are legit, I will give you that.
You think Goff is better than Dak? I can see the argument over purdy, but yeah Dak is better. Goff isn't asked to do much, just like purdy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are the one that said the Lions should be good, because of all their "high draft picks"
Let me get you a crayon and draw you a picture.

An NFL career is under 10 years.

The Bears have had a worse record than the Lions over the last 10 years (and counting)
Ergo, as constructed, the Bears have actually had higher draft picks than the Lions.
However, they have carelessly wasted them and traded them away on junk.
Take that up with your GMThey
It sucks for you NFL fanchises are older than 10 years.

Dallas gets overrated every year. It's unbelievable. They are a good team but they have not proven anything yet.

They have proven more than the Lions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sucks for you NFL fanchises are older than 10 years.

They have proven more than the Lions.
If you like watching the re-runs of 80's sitcoms, I guess the Bears are for you.
Personally, I prefer something more current and original.
Enjoy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Goff + Johnson > Prescott + McCarthy

/end discussion
Except that isn't the discussion. Dak + Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>> Goff + Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goff + McCarthy

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
You're assuming we're the top of the food chain and the peak of scientific knowledge. That could be the case though I'd bet against it. It's arrogant to presume walking is the peak given the mind-blowing number of birds we've already discovered in just a short period of time studying the skies.

I never assumed any such thing. Putting words in my mouth is the response of a weak argument. As a matter of fact, I would almost guarantee flight is not only possible it is probable.

But then you go on to jump the shark with artificial intelligence controlled satellite targeting thermal cam drones and rockets that can fly to fucking MARS. This is the problem with your pie in the sky speculation. You would need craft with the flight capabilities to fly in to outer space, and nobody even knows how high up you'd have to get to reach space. No one knows how even an advanced civilization could access that much negative energy

/end stupid discussion

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

I never assumed any such thing. Putting words in my mouth is the response of a weak argument. As a matter of fact, I would almost guarantee other life in some form is not only possible, it is probable.

But then you go on to jump the shark with Rainbows and unicorns. This is the problem with your pie in the sky speculation. You would need the energy the sun produces over 100 million years to make a wormhole about the size of a grapefruit. No one knows how even an advanced civilization could access that much negative energy

/end stupid discussion

We don't know how to do it but maybe 'they' do. If they're a billion years ahead of us evolution wise, they've probably figured out how to do a hell of a lot of stuff we couldn't even comprehend on how to do. Maybe they use wormholes, maybe they don't. Maybe they use a different form of travel that is way easier and uses far less energy, I don't know.

The point is we don't even fully understand physics so saying 'Earth is too far away to travel to' is premature speculation.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give me a break, the Cowboys have played the Giants, Jets, and Cardinals.
You do realize quality of opponent matters, right?

Jared Goff has a PFF of 83.7 this year
Dak has a PFF of 63.8

Get out of here with your career BS.

12 < 20. Dallas D has a longer track record. Lol at trying to use PFF for QBs after 3 games. Dak and Purdy are better when you look at their whole body of work.

If you like watching the re-runs of 80's sitcoms, I guess the Bears are for you.
Personally, I prefer something more current and original.
Enjoy.

Lol you have zero playoff wins the last 30 years so what the fuck are you talking about?

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I love how the packers have become some version of a bears team with a good defense, mediocre qb play.

Lions are an all around decent team but not good enough to win anything meaningful.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 < 20. Dallas D has a longer track record. Lol at trying to use PFF for QBs after 3 games. Dak and Purdy are better when you look at their whole body of work.

Lol you have zero playoff wins the last 30 years so what the fuck are you talking about?
I am looking at a much better team, with a much brighter future than yours.
Meanwhile, you want to hold on to the past...............
What the fuck are you babbling about?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how the packers have become some version of a bears team with a good defense, mediocre qb play.

Lions are an all around decent team but not good enough to win anything meaningful.
Just to clarify, when the Bears last won the North, and then lost in the first round of the playoffs, it wasn't meaningful, correct?
Just exactly what is something meaningful, care to clarify?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't know how to do it but maybe 'they' do. If they're a billion years ahead of us evolution wise, they've probably figured out how to do a hell of a lot of stuff we couldn't even comprehend on how to do. Maybe they use wormholes, maybe they don't. Maybe they use a different form of travel that is way easier and uses far less energy, I don't know.

The point is we don't even fully understand physics so saying 'Earth is too far away to travel to' is premature speculation.
Being a "billion" years ahead of us, kind of defies Genesis, doesn't it?

1 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, pretty sure it doesn't say, then he rested one billion years.

:obama:

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Being a "billion" years ahead of us, kind of defies Genesis, doesn't it?

1 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, pretty sure it doesn't say, then he rested one billion years.

:obama:
This is just a result of you growing up with hillbilly parents/guardians/teachers that reinforced narrow minded acceptance of status quo without question and absolutely zero critical thinking skills. In the same list you posted God said he made day and he called it day and he made night and called it night. Hey fuckwad, with your logic that you just applied do the same thing and explain where it says anything about all the planets with suns orbiting them in the universe that have existed before and after earths creation. so if we take all of this in a literal sense its already for sure a lie because there are literally millions of planets with day and night sun orbit around before and after earth.

edit - so its almost as if the bible is a great reference point on how to live life and not something to bring to the table when arguing a scientific timeline on the creation of the universe. this story could be a true one that occurred on a totally different planet and was brought here. there are a million different reasons for this. nobody is as ignorant as you when it comes to just thinking

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seems some here are just to troll. The ban hammer is ready to strike…. Soon

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just to clarify, when the Bears last won the North, and then lost in the first round of the playoffs, it wasn't meaningful, correct?
Just exactly what is something meaningful, care to clarify?
Well you are the arbiter of definitions and all things meaningful. I’ll allow you to define it here although you’ve already inevitably contradicted yourself plenty of times already hanging the banners for beating the packers.

Go ahead, define meaningful for us plebs. We are just dying to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.