Lions vs packers tonight on thursday night football in game thread for official football talk!

Whomst do you want to see injured tonight

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Bro we had a streak of like 25 years.
Just a quick PSA since you seem like a decent guy. He's not here to talk football, be humble in any way shape or form or be remotely complimentary or level-headed about the team this forum is dedicated to.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And I have proven over the last ten years, the Bears have been worse, so what is your point? You do realize 10 years is a pretty long career in the NFL?
The NFL didnt start in 2013. I know you want to try and forget your franchise's pathetic history but thats not how it works

Iron Lion

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Lions
nobody has ever cared about anything the lions have done because theyve never done anything. nice logic. id suggest getting a different hobby but we both know youre a masochist who loves taking verbal loads all week on a message board. friggin weirdos man. get a therapist instead of a ccs account next time
But... but... team of the 50s...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Lions are legit Super Bowl contenders. They have a great pass rush and offensive line, especially in the run game. That suits well for January.

People giving the Lions shit are stuck in the past.

Nah they would be legit SB contenders if they didnt blow their 2 first round picks. This is a good team that will make the playoffs but lose to Niners, Cowboys or Eagles. All of those teams have better QBs, WRs, and defenses IMO. Niners and Eagles have better RBs and Eagles and Cowboys have better OLs when healthy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nobody has ever cared about anything the lions have done because theyve never done anything. nice logic. id suggest getting a different hobby but we both know youre a masochist who loves taking verbal loads all week on a message board. friggin weirdos man. get a therapist instead of a ccs account next time

Nobody cares, yet the NFL made them the first game of the season, and they currently are the media darlings. Meanwhile, the networks are pulling the plug on Bears broadcasts at half-time, so they can show a "more competitive" game.

Iron Lion

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Lions
Nah they would be legit SB contenders ig they didnt blow their 2 first rounds. This is a good team that will make the playoffs bit lose to Niners, Cowboys or Eagles. All if those teams hace better QBs, WRs, and RBs and defenses IMO.
More likely to lose to the Seahawks than any of those teams. We just cannot friggen beat Carroll.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah they would be legit SB contenders ig they didnt blow their 2 first rounds. This is a good team that will make the playoffs bit lose to Niners, Cowboys or Eagles. All if those teams hace better QBs, WRs, and RBs and defenses IMO.
Except no. Purdy and Prescott are not better than Goff.
Try again? Dallas's D is so great, how many did the lowly Cards score against them?
Niners are legit, I will give you that.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nah they would be legit SB contenders if they didnt blow their 2 first round picks. This is a good team that will make the playoffs but lose to Niners, Cowboys or Eagles. All of those teams have better QBs, WRs, and defenses IMO. Niners and Eagles have better RBs and Eagles and Cowboys have better OLs when healthy.
Those teams are better than them but the margin is close enough that the Lions could realistically upset one of them in the playoffs. I am not saying they are the favorites, but they definitely are contenders. Unless you are saying there are only 3 contenders in the NFC which I would disagree with.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL didnt start in 2013. I know you want to try and forget your franchise's pathetic history but thats not how it works
You are the one that said the Lions should be good, because of all their "high draft picks"
Let me get you a crayon and draw you a picture.

An NFL career is under 10 years.

The Bears have had a worse record than the Lions over the last 10 years (and counting)
Ergo, as constructed, the Bears have actually had higher draft picks than the Lions.
However, they have carelessly wasted them and traded them away on junk.
Take that up with your GM

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Except no. Purdy and Prescott are not better than Goff.
Try again? Dallas's D is so great, how many did the lowly Cards score against them?
Niners are legit, I will give you that.
Dallas gets overrated every year. It's unbelievable. They are a good team but they have not proven anything yet.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Nobody cares, yet the NFL made them the first game of the season, and they currently are the media darlings. Meanwhile, the networks are pulling the plug on Bears broadcasts at half-time, so they can show a "more competitive" game.
ok now im starting to think maybe you really are a lifetime lions fan. they do that for every single team on a hot streak. organic live entertainment has to be done in the moment and you want to capture lightning in a bottle each week. this is especially true when a team as miserable and awful as the Nazi controlled Detroit Lions are involved bc they are never relevant and everyone loves an underdog story. whatever that week happens to be hot is what gets put at the top. what you just proved to me by pointing this out is that it must be incredibly rare for the lions to be on prime time outside of thanksgiving.

so your point is that the lions the last three weeks have been the equivalent of a featured news story about a dog playing the piano. that is the cultural significance so far

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok now im starting to think maybe you really are a lifetime lions fan. they do that for every single team on a hot streak. organic live entertainment has to be done in the moment and you want to capture lightning in a bottle each week. this is especially true when a team as miserable and awful as the Nazi controlled Detroit Lions are involved bc they are never relevant and everyone loves an underdog story. whatever that week happens to be hot is what gets put at the top. what you just proved to me by pointing this out is that it must be incredibly rare for the lions to be on prime time outside of thanksgiving.

so your point is that the lions the last three weeks have been the equivalent of a featured news story about a dog playing the piano. that is the cultural significance so far
At least it takes talent for a dog to play a piano, something the Bears are severely lacking.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas gets overrated every year. It's unbelievable. They are a good team but they have not proven anything yet.
Never was a fan of Prescott. Dallas has talent, but their HC is awful.
Oh, how hard I will laugh if Dallas fires Mike McCarthy, only to have the Bears sign him.
It would be such a Bear's move.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
At least it takes talent for a dog to play a piano, something the Bears are severely lacking.
can you show me the empirical data on how much talent it takes for a dog to play the piano?

again, id rather be severely lacking in talent at this stage than just lacking in talent as the detroit lions will find out soon enough as the season winds down. the one year they had a shot and they fielded a wild card team talent wise. sad!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Never was a fan of Prescott. Dallas has talent, but their HC is awful.
Oh, how hard I will laugh if Dallas fires Mike McCarthy, only to have the Bears sign him.
It would be such a Bear's move.
Well I am a Bears fan so it would not be that funny. They need to get the GM and Head Coach right one of these times by nothing more than statistical chance hopefully.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can you show me the empirical data on how much talent it takes for a dog to play the piano?

again, id rather be severely lacking in talent at this stage than just lacking in talent as the detroit lions will find out soon enough as the season winds down. the one year they had a shot and they fielded a wild card team talent wise. sad!
So you think the Bears will be better next year? Name some of the Bears "core" players.
JJ and Mooney can't wait to leave.
DJ Moore is praying to god the Bears trade him next year.
Jenkins is perpetually injured
B. Jones is backup level talent at best
Whitehair is washed up
Davis and Patrick are crap
Kmet is marginal, and a huge overpay.
The whole D-line is a mess.
And you need a QB
Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.