Louis Riddick on Bears QB situation

msadows

Liked Posts:
That could do much more damage than it could to help his aspirations. No reason for him to do that really

I really don't understand where the aspirations are coming from. Didn't he apply for a few jobs and not get it?

Not really sure why an NFL team would want to promote a guy to GM who hasn't been in the league for nearly a decade and wasn't exactly that great at his job before leaving.

Then again, the nfl is a weird place.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They're NEVER getting a franchise Qb

Well hello there Jim......................
giphy.gif

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
many of the nfls best come outside the 1st round? You sure? I mean, yeah some have. But far more success stories at QB in the first round than outside of it
Yeah not many. Brady, Wilson are about it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Woah, this louis riddick guy sounds smart. Seems like he knows things this board has never discussed.

And to think, this is the guy a few on here want to be our GM.

Any shit for brains can tell you the bears will go oline at #20 because all the qb options will be gone by then.
WR is also on the table at #20

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
many of the nfls best come outside the 1st round? You sure? I mean, yeah some have. But far more success stories at QB in the first round than outside of it

Most of the quarterbacks drafted in the top 5 of the first round will not win a super bowl with the team that drafted them. Drafting a quarterback high isn’t a guarantee for success. It’s better to wait.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah not many. Brady, Wilson are about it.
Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Mark Rypien, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Joe Theisman, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler all were drafted outside the first rd and won a super bowl.
Bart Starr was a 17rd draft pick which means in today’s nfl he would of been a undrafted free agent

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Woah, this louis riddick guy sounds smart. Seems like he knows things this board has never discussed.

And to think, this is the guy a few on here want to be our GM.

Any shit for brains can tell you the bears will go oline at #20 because all the qb options will be gone by then.
While we're both on the same page on this one, you're the guy who hopped off the Pace train two years too late and said he's better than BB. You also said there are no good GMs in the NFL. So yeah, maybe lower the condescension.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd rather hear what Riddick would do, but that wasn't the question. He's only taking insider info and making assumptions, which we all already know for the most part. Not sure what you ppl are expecting him to say

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He really went out on a limb there.

Sadly this Captain Obvious report of his is still better than most of the speculative blithering nonsense other "media experts" spits out as "news".

Imagine relying on a rookie OT to keep your job...

Imagine not addressing the biggest hole for 3 years, nor having a coach recognize or hold players accountable for stinking it up / failing to recognize they're not fitting in or adjusting to his system. SMDH at the tape every week as OL sucks and DM & QB of the day get hit behind LOS play after play.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Mark Rypien, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Joe Theisman, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler all were drafted outside the first rd and won a super bowl.
Bart Starr was a 17rd draft pick which means in today’s nfl he would of been a undrafted free agent

Well by golly they should just sign an udfa, Bart Starr won the super bowl!!!!

Solid logic but I wonder if the NFL has changed at all since Roger Staubach played. I wonder if QBs are more valuable than they ever have been. Could it be that they are being drafted much higher and scouted much more thoroughly than ever before?

Nah, there's bound to be a hof QB available as an udfa.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
[QUOTE="Starion, post: 3639556, member: 10811"
Imagine not addressing the biggest hole for 3 years, nor having a coach recognize or hold players accountable for stinking it up / failing to recognize they're not fitting in or adjusting to his system. SMDH at the tape every week as OL sucks and DM & QB of the day get hit behind LOS play after play.
[/QUOTE]
I’d be happy with a OT in the first, but if that’s what they’re relying on to keep their jobs as this article suggests, it’ll be their last draft with the team.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Who would be his inside source? Nagy is not going to give him any information knowing he is on TV everyday being asked questions on what the Bears are going to do. If they are going to trade up having it be a surprise would help.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
We are talking today's NFL. It's an entirely different league. There's a reason most of the starting QB's now are first rounders and it's not like QB's aren't getting drafted after the 1st now. They just aren't typically good enough to start. Also, a high priority used to be put on RB. The best RB's were usually taken at the top of the draft. Not the case anymore.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who is a good friend of Nagy's was on NFL Live today and this is what he said FWIW.

-they should be drafting a QB but will not take one at #20 unless there is a surprise slide.

-at #20, what they need to do is pick a player who will give them an immediate ROI because remember, Pace and Nagy need to win in 2021 significantly or they will be on the hot seat at the end of the year again.

-He thinks they will be in line for an OL at #20.

-Believes they will draft a QB at some point, probably with that 2nd pick.

-He knows that thy are evaluating QB’s hard to find their future QB.

-But it doesn’t matter what QB they pick in the 2nd round if they don’t get it right with the #20 selection because someone else will be developing that 2nd round QB if they don’t get it right from a W/L perspective.
Whoever follows pace and Nagy won’t be working with whatever quarterback is available in the second this year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
[QUOTE="Starion, post: 3639556, member: 10811"

Yep it's a win/win for us fans.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The good thing about the Bears' chances of drafting a franchise QB after round 1 is that they aren't really any worse than their chances of drafting one in round 1. So there's that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is some smoke