Louis Riddick on Bears QB situation

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Woah, this louis riddick guy sounds smart. Seems like he knows things this board has never discussed.

And to think, this is the guy a few on here want to be our GM.

Any shit for brains can tell you the bears will go oline at #20 because all the qb options will be gone by then.

OT or corner, that's a fact Jack, outside possibility they go WR

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We are talking today's NFL. It's an entirely different league. There's a reason most of the starting QB's now are first rounders and it's not like QB's aren't getting drafted after the 1st now. They just aren't typically good enough to start. Also, a high priority used to be put on RB. The best RB's were usually taken at the top of the draft. Not the case anymore.
All I'm saying is that out of the last 55 quarterbacks taken in the top 5 of the first rd........you are most likely not going to win a super bowl. The only good thing is the rookie salary cap. So you had better be 100% positive especially if you are trading up.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
We are talking today's NFL. It's an entirely different league. There's a reason most of the starting QB's now are first rounders and it's not like QB's aren't getting drafted after the 1st now. They just aren't typically good enough to start. Also, a high priority used to be put on RB. The best RB's were usually taken at the top of the draft. Not the case anymore.

I think you've got it backwards. Teams start QBs because they were 1st round picks. That doesn't mean they're good. Carson Wentz is starting because he was a 1st round pick, even though he was one of the worst QBs in the NFL last year. QBs picked in the 1st round get opportunities to start over and over even if they suck.

It's some weird mental deficiency in NFL personnel people who think "he had the talent to be taken in the 1st round, so he just needs the right situation." instead of "he never should have been picked in the 1st round to begin with"

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Recognize that even if a potentially GREAT QB is taken by the Bears.....Just WHO will develop that player? Our track record is terrible for improving the performance of almost any QB. I'm beginning to agree with the statement that 'Chicago is where QBs go to die!"

I'd be more concerned if a qb ever did anything after leaving the bears

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'd be more concerned if a qb ever did anything after leaving the bears
Mike Glennon made sure the Jaguars got the overall #1 pick..whoever it may be

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Glennon made sure the Jaguars got the overall #1 pick..whoever it may be

yeah

I see a lot of hand wringing on here about whether the bears can even develop a qb if they get one

and I mean, sure that is a concern

but its not like the ever had a lot to work with. Trubs is just not good. that kid is never gon break out of the middle third of qbs, dont care who the coach is. And true, culter got fucked with a shit O line most the time. But still, dude never improved a single part of his game. not one thing. he left the same as when he got here, fuck him

I think maybe Rex is the only QB you can really say the bears broke. but even then, it was rex that turned into a big puss after just one injury

idk boys. I think the bigger problem is the bears barely seem to even try.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Mark Rypien, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Joe Theisman, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler all were drafted outside the first rd and won a super bowl.
Bart Starr was a 17rd draft pick which means in today’s nfl he would of been a undrafted free agent
Very true.

Well by golly they should just sign an udfa, Bart Starr won the super bowl!!!!

Solid logic but I wonder if the NFL has changed at all since Roger Staubach played. I wonder if QBs are more valuable than they ever have been. Could it be that they are being drafted much higher and scouted much more thoroughly than ever before?

Nah, there's bound to be a hof QB available as an udfa.

I think what Leomaz is saying ......with good scouting, you can find a gem Qb in any round or as a UDFA.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Very true.

I think what Leomaz is saying ......with good scouting, you can find a gem Qb in any round or as a UDFA.
I just figured why even try explaining to someone who isn’t smart enough to understand that I wasn’t saying anything close to what he thought I was saying.

LMFAO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears QB development is good.

But the major problem is that they pick bad QBs. No one was going to develop Mitchs inability to read a defense.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I just figured why even try explaining to someone who isn’t smart enough to understand that I wasn’t saying anything close to what he thought I was saying.

LMFAO.

I knew what you were saying, I just think what you're saying is stupid.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Very true.

No, that's not good scouting, it's luck. Good scouting would've had them all picked in the first round.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
OT in 1, QB in 2. The OT can hopefully start immediately and help protect Dalton. The QB is who they will sell to management and fans as hope for the future.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
so, we get to watch the draft hoping Ryan pace can somehow not fuck up the QBs situation? Count me in!?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I knew what you were saying, I just think what you're saying is stupid.
You had no clue what I was saying and still don’t you dumb fuck. I guess when you are brainless and can’t comprehend, most things you read appear stupid. Try a Curious George book, it may be more your speed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

LMFAO.

Absolutely.

I also said it the past. We don't have to a so called " top 5 Qb in the draft". Look for that guy who's over-looked,
but has a burning desire to prove the critics wrong.

Yeah, I know what ya mean about some ppl here failing to understand what's said, twisting words, spinning narratives, strawman, red herrings, str8 up lying about what was said etc.

PS.
Check your settings.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No, that's not good scouting, it's luck. Good scouting would've had them all picked in the first round.

Have you ever heard.....so called "luck"......is when "preparation meets opportunity" ?

So why even have rounds 2-7. By your "logical" ( and I respectfully have to use that word loosely here)......after the 1st round just make everyone else UDFA's. ? But focus on my first sentence

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Have you ever heard.....so called "luck"......is when "preparation meets opportunity" ?

So why even have rounds 2-7. By your "logical" ( and I respectfully have to use that word loosely here)......after the 1st round just make everyone else UDFA's. ? But focus on my first sentence

Cuz that wouldn't make sense