Louis Riddick on Bears QB situation

bufordht

Liked Posts:
You had no clue what I was saying and still don’t you dumb fuck. I guess when you are brainless and can’t comprehend, most things you read appear stupid. Try a Curious George book, it may be more your speed.

Better be careful tough guy. If you hurt my feelings I swear I'll hurt yours right back.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Have you ever heard.....so called "luck"......is when "preparation meets opportunity" ?

So why even have rounds 2-7. By your "logical" ( and I respectfully have to use that word loosely here)......after the 1st round just make everyone else UDFA's. ? But focus on my first sentence

Cuz that wouldn't make sense
:confused:

For proper context......
Click and Read this original post again>>>>>>#48

I think what Leomaz is saying ......with good scouting, you can find a gem Qb in any round or as a UDFA.

No, that's not good scouting, it's luck. Good scouting would've had them all picked in the first round.

,...and this above statement makes sense???? So after the 1st round, scouting dept. and GM's put names on a board, hang it on a wall, close their eyes and throw darts??? C'mon

Please......Read my statement below again. It's not gonna go away. Let it marinade.
Have you ever heard.....so called "luck"......is when "preparation meets opportunity" ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
OT in 1, QB in 2. The OT can hopefully start immediately and help protect Dalton. The QB is who they will sell to management and fans as hope for the future.

"The QB is who they will sell to management and fans as hope for the future." Really? :obama:

So Dalton had an all-round better offense in Dallas than here and ended doing nothing with it. Hows he gonna make a big difference here?

Fun fact: Dalton hasn't had a winning season since.....drum roll ?............2015 ?

bufordht

Liked Posts:

For proper context......

,...and this above statement makes sense???? So after the 1st round, scouting dept. and GM's put names on a board, hang it on a wall, close their eyes and throw darts??? C'mon

Please......Read my statement below again. It's not gonna go away. Let it marinade.

Ok you're right. It was good scouting that led the Seahawks to pass on a top 5 QB twice and then take him in the 3rd. Good job scouts!!!!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

For proper context......

Ok you're right. It was good scouting that led the Seahawks to pass on a top 5 QB twice and then take him in the 3rd. Good job scouts!!!!

Among other things, Russell was billed as "to short too be a NFL Qb". On the old CBMB, I was screaming for us to take him in the 2nd round.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
"The QB is who they will sell to management and fans as hope for the future." Really? :obama:

So Dalton had an all-round better offense in Dallas than here and ended doing nothing with it. Hows he gonna make a big difference here?

Fun fact: Dalton hasn't had a winning season since.....drum roll ?............2015 ?
Cool story. The QB who they will sell as hope for the future is the one they draft this year. I had assumed my post was clear on that point.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Better be careful tough guy. If you hurt my feelings I swear I'll hurt yours right back.
Go right ahead dumbass....I, unlike you, have no feelings.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What a freakin dumb fuck you are. You are jaw droppingly stupid.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
many of the nfls best come outside the 1st round? You sure? I mean, yeah some have. But far more success stories at QB in the first round than outside of it
for starters the top 6 don't usually go in the 1st round, so you are up against history there.

Tom Brady was the 7th QB selected in the 6th round. So you can get that now in the second. A former 6th rounder is now a 2nd rounder?!

So there are merits to both arguments here. Its not the same as it used to be because the value of QB play has been exaggerated.

The fastest path to success for the Bears is going to be to get Lance or Fields or Jones at value, or build the defense and offensive line for a veteran QB...warm up the seat.

We have seen WR's will travel to you once you have a QB...thats good business for them. I'd focus on snatching opportunity on a young QB if it presents itself, or building up the team to support Russell Wilson in 2022.

If Seattle hits rock bottom(49ers, Arizona, Rams)....I mean...they aren't going anywhere against that. Prepare for Wilson, draft WR/LT in first at great value, maybe jump to 13 for a premiere WR if 5 QB's already went. Or stay where we are and pick-up the 5th defensive player taken or something.

The Jets are looking elsewhere. The Cowboys signed Prescott.

I would say Russell Wilsons list has gotten real short and prepare for that outcome.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
for starters the top 6 don't usually go in the 1st round, so you are up against history there.

Tom Brady was the 7th QB selected in the 6th round. So you can get that now in the second. A former 6th rounder is now a 2nd rounder?!

So there are merits to both arguments here. Its not the same as it used to be because the value of QB play has been exaggerated.

The fastest path to success for the Bears is going to be to get Lance or Fields or Jones at value, or build the defense and offensive line for a veteran QB...warm up the seat.

We have seen WR's will travel to you once you have a QB...thats good business for them. I'd focus on snatching opportunity on a young QB if it presents itself, or building up the team to support Russell Wilson in 2022.

If Seattle hits rock bottom(49ers, Arizona, Rams)....I mean...they aren't going anywhere against that. Prepare for Wilson, draft WR/LT in first at great value, maybe jump to 13 for a premiere WR if 5 QB's already went. Or stay where we are and pick-up the 5th defensive player taken or something.

The Jets are looking elsewhere. The Cowboys signed Prescott.

I would say Russell Wilsons list has gotten real short and prepare for that outcome.

not following that part of this...could you elaborate?

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Not sure there is any amount of discussion that is going to do anything but waste 0s and 1s. Pace has us backed into a corner. The honorable thing would be to start the rebuild now, send valuable veterans out for young players and draft picks. Go to the owners hat in hand offer your resignation. It really is that bad. There is nothing here. Nagy knows that, I'm sure. Making Hicks and Goldman and Mack waste a year here is criminal.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Hey guys, remember that time Leo got really mad when I called him stupid?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cool story. The QB who they will sell as hope for the future is the one they draft this year. I had assumed my post was clear on that point.

OT in 1, QB in 2. The OT can hopefully start immediately and help protect Dalton. The QB is who they will sell to management and fans as hope for the future.

Pardon me......
I didn't see the "The QB who they will sell as hope for the future is the one they draft this year."..... in the above quote

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pardon me......
I didn't see the "The QB who they will sell as hope for the future is the one they draft this year."..... in the above quote
Thought that was pretty obvious. Didn’t think it needed to be spelled out for anyone. Dalton + a draft pick...who the fuck would think Dalton was the one they are holding out future hope for? Jesus.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Thought that was pretty obvious. Didn’t think it needed to be spelled out for anyone. Dalton + a draft pick...who the fuck would think Dalton was the one they are holding out future hope for? Jesus.

I thought it was pretty obvious ?