Mack Restructure. Bears add 11 million in cap space

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bell wants 17 mil with at least 3 years of that guaranteed.

Nagy has said he's not a one back guy and I dont see pace spending that much on a rb when he has Cohen Davis howard and - or a rookie he can draft.

Nagy wants to use 2-3-4 -rb...doubt bell becomes a bear

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bell wants 17 mil with at least 3 years of that guaranteed.

Nagy has said he's not a one back guy and I dont see pace spending that much on a rb when he has Cohen Davis howard and - or a rookie he can draft.

Nagy wants to use 2-3-4 -rb...doubt bell becomes a bear

17m? Where you get that #? Gurley has an average of 14.4. I don't know if Bell even gets as much as Gurley did, considering he's older and out the league a year now. My guess is at most its 15m, which would leave us with 5-10m left in cap room.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
With Amos out, you have to think Chicago is honing in on a safety. Bell would be awesome, but I can't see paying any RB more than 11 or 12 million a year. No way he gets 50 million guaranteed. I think going out and getting a good kicker and a guy like Earl Thomas makes this team much better.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
17m? Where you get that #? Gurley has an average of 14.4. I don't know if Bell even gets as much as Gurley did, considering he's older and out the league a year now. My guess is at most its 15m, which would leave us with 5-10m left in cap room.

I agree with Greg, Bell sat out for 14.4, because he wanted guaranteed money. Dont you think that makes it the number you have to beat, plus he expects you to make up for what he lost last year (saving himself) for you.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yes they could, but you'd also lose your image among future FA's.

If we get bell, we need a backup RB anyways who isn't cohen. Mizzell isnt that neither is Nall. Coulda been a draft pick, instead its mike davis.

Jordan Howard did not get enough touches.

Cohen did not get enough touches, seemingly to keep him unknown for trick plays.

People want Bell who will pout like a bitch if he is not on the field all three downs.

Cunningham and Mizzell should have never been on an offensive play other than for injury to said Howard or Cohen.

Soap operas are on daytime TV.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard did not get enough touches.

Cohen did not get enough touches, seemingly to keep him unknown for trick plays.

People want Bell who will pout like a bitch if he is not on the field all three downs.

Cunningham and Mizzell should have never been on an offensive play other than for injury to said Howard or Cohen.

Soap operas are on daytime TV.

Cunningham and Mizzell's usage, especially Mizzell's usage against the Eagles, is the biggest head-scratcher of last season. Like you said, barring injury, there's no reason either of them should have seen the field when we had Howard and Cohen. Yet in the second half of the year, they both probably got 2-3 touches per game.

Liked Posts:
Something is brewing, this is more than just adding some flexibility.

Yep. No longer a matter of if. Just the who & the when at this point. Z'Darius Smith or Bell would clean my clock. Id take either.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The dog ate the contract

Windows won't load

The fax machine is broken

We checked the wrong box

We thought we were getting the Hoosiers coach Mike Davis

Pick one, anyone.

The Bears have used that excuse far too many times over the years.

Liked Posts:
With Amos out, you have to think Chicago is honing in on a safety. Bell would be awesome, but I can't see paying any RB more than 11 or 12 million a year. No way he gets 50 million guaranteed. I think going out and getting a good kicker and a guy like Earl Thomas makes this team much better.

I didn't see a team in their right mind giving a strong safety QB money but it happened yesterday. Strong Safety was a fairly decent value position to target in free agency. Not any more.

As for a safety, I really like Redwine A LOT.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

I dont agree with Thomas making this team much better than Bell. Bell makes our Coach, Mitch, Oline, Wr,s, and defense much better. I think you'd get much more value for your buck, and you'll get money from marketing, fans, and media coverage getting Bell. Again, this is not a knock on Earl in any way.

Liked Posts:
Hmm. Must be a specifically-targeted Pace FA guy...like a Mike Glennon thing.

Do you date girls to see which one you want to marry? Or do you decide beforehand which one you want to marry, then date her?

Your killin' me here. I was hopin' Pace got it out of his system with those two brain farts yesterday.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Well just read that Earl Thomas wants 14 million a year. At that price I'd take Bell too lol.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I was just wondering what took Pace so long to restructure all of these contracts into signing bonuses. Fell like he could have done it week ago and been in a better position heading into the tampering period. Slacker

Why restructure until you know you need the room?

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Just thinking about Eddie Jackson and Earl Thomas back there....its fun to dream. I think justin Houston is a real possibility also. If we did somehow sign Bell, how could anyone really be that upset? Hell Id rather not, but ffs its leveon bell.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
As far as reneging on the Davis deal, the BEARS won't do it (nor should they). But BAL did it last year. They signed receiver Ryan Grant...got mercilessly mocked for overpaying the guy...Crabtree got cut by OAK & became available...they failed Grant's physical, voiding the deal...signed Crabtree. Not sure if it's hurt BAL's standing in the league or with FA's. But it was bush league AF.

Link

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thomas is asking too much with size/injury history.
Bell is asking too much, but I see the temptation.
I am going to say this is for either Bell...
Or Houston/Gibson
Would complete the defense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jets were set to sign Anthony Barr but he is returning to the Vikings.

Isn't he the Attorney General?