Mack trade retrospective

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect Mack to finish in the top 5-10 every year. That’s why the bears traded for him because they expected HoF level play and production. That’s why they gave up two 1sts and a boat load of money.

Either way, as I originally said, I don’t think it’s unfair to question whether or not it was a good trade for the bears. Watt, Donald, or any other players are irrelevant to the discussion. Would I make the trade again? I probably would. Did I expect Mack to start showing some signs of not being the same guy as 18 and prior 2 snd 3 years after the trade? No. We’ll see what happens this season I’m hoping for good things. He may have been banged up last season.

You dont think it is unfair to expect him to do something only one player in the NFL has done on D?

Other players are not irrelevant. The point is your expectations are unrealistic unless you think Donald is the only HoF player on D in the NFL. No player on D aside from Donald has 3 top 5 finishes. Only 2 guys have it on O ie Kelce and Chubb. So 3 guys in the entire NFL.

P.S. his No 1 ranking was this year so that is not showing signs of decline. You are equating volatility in production with ability.

Last edited: