Marshall Cutler Divorce = Baers Victory???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When did marshall get called for offsides? I smell trolling

boardr45

Liked Posts:
The connection between Romo and Cutler is ridiculously overstated.

Never once in his life has that injury prone choke machine Jay Cutler been anywhere even close to Romo's level. Jay Cutler is all the bad of Romo with none of the good.

Not sure about that analogy. I couldn't see Cutler botching a field goal snap and then balling his eyes out uncontrollably lol. Jay def displays more athletism. Romo has had more people back him up during major downfalls and moments of doubt / criticism. Romo has handily had frequently better coaching and talent on both sides of the ball. All Romo does more is smile , he's a charmer lol

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Not sure about that analogy. I couldn't see Cutler botching a field goal snap and then balling his eyes out uncontrollably lol. Jay def displays more athletism. Romo has had more people back him up during major downfalls and moments of doubt / criticism. Romo has handily had frequently better coaching and talent on both sides of the ball. All Romo does more is smile , he's a charmer lol

Yea.

Except for, you know, the fact that Romo's career stats completely and utterly blow Cutty buddys out of the water.

But I guess, yea, if you dont count statistical output, Jay is just as good.

boardr45

Liked Posts:
When did marshall get called for offsides? I smell trolling

Haha nah when I troll it's pretty obvious. Marshall had some silly penalties as did a lot of the offense. That's not to say that Jay's clock / game management wasn't attrocious - it def was lol. As was Trestmans overall game management or lack thereof. Shit runs downhill.

boardr45

Liked Posts:
BTW, Jay displays more athleticism then Romo? Say WHAT?

Haha Romo has got his strengths but Jay is a better tuck and runner and imho his arm is stronger. A glaring problem of Jay's is his lack of touch passes - pretty much nonexistent. A good coach should force feed that aspect of the game to him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Haha nah when I troll it's pretty obvious. Marshall had some silly penalties as did a lot of the offense. That's not to say that Jay's clock / game management wasn't attrocious - it def was lol. As was Trestmans overall game management or lack thereof. Shit runs downhill.

are you thinking of jeffery? marshall didn't get a lot of offsides penalties.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Haha Romo has got his strengths but Jay is a better tuck and runner and imho his arm is stronger. A glaring problem of Jay's is his lack of touch passes - pretty much nonexistent. A good coach should force feed that aspect of the game to him.

Well, outside of Romo statistically being a top 10 QB in history and Cutty statistically being an injury prone choke artist with mediocre output, Romo is far more evasive in the pocket and better throwing on the run.

boardr45

Liked Posts:
Yea.

Except for, you know, the fact that Romo's career stats completely and utterly blow Cutty buddys out of the water.

But I guess, yea, if you dont count statistical output, Jay is just as good.
Your talking about stats - dealing with a team sport. Team sport stats. Romo got help lol.

Jason Witten is pretty good. So is Dez Bryant. There's been a lot of talent on that Dallas offense. The Bears got a glimmer but nothing remotely close. Watching football being played as a team is quite different than watching individual stats. A player is successful for several reasons - his own skills being one of those as well as coaching, teammates, etc etc.

boardr45

Liked Posts:
Well, outside of Romo statistically being a top 10 QB in history and Cutty statistically being an injury prone choke artist with mediocre output, Romo is far more evasive in the pocket and better throwing on the run.
I agree with some of what your saying...
How many plays were geared toward Jay throwing on the run ? Def not enough. And the play scheme was sooooo predictable for our QB.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Your talking about stats - dealing with a team sport. Team sport stats. Romo got help lol.

Jason Witten is pretty good. So is Dez Bryant. There's been a lot of talent on that Dallas offense. The Bears got a glimmer but nothing remotely close. Watching football being played as a team is quite different than watching individual stats. A player is successful for several reasons - his own skills being one of those as well as coaching, teammates, etc etc.

Sorry, but your "Its a team game" argument only works if the two players in question are both conceivably on the same, or a similar level.

In Cutty and Romo's case, that does not apply. Cutty seriously isn't anywhere close to the level where he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Romo.

boardr45

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but your "Its a team game" argument only works if the two players in question are both conceivably on the same, or a similar level.

In Cutty and Romo's case, that does not apply. Cutty seriously isn't anywhere close to the level where he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Romo.

Its not an argument - its a statement lol. U can try to manipulate another persons words probably. Football is a team sport. The controversy of quaterbacks legitmacy due to them being surrounded by talent has always been a point of conversation. How many super bowls have either of these QB's won? Neither is a top ten all time qb lol. Stats don't tell the whole story obviously.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Its not an argument - its a statement lol. U can try to manipulate another persons words probably. Football is a team sport. The controversy of quaterbacks legitmacy due to them being surrounded by talent has always been a point of conversation. How many super bowls have either of these QB's won? Neither is a top ten all time qb lol. Stats don't tell the whole story obviously.

By your logic you can compare pretty much any two QBs you want.

Hey I bet Chris Chandler was every bit as good Joe Montana, oh wait, the stats dont bear it out? Oh well that doesn't matter! The stats dont tell the whole story, obviously.

You right, QBs and their surrounding talent has always been a point of conversation, for players on or near the same level. Nobody would argue that Vinny Testaverde is on the same level as Favre, and that is because the stats show that is clearly not the case.

As does it in the case between Romo and Cutler. One is quite obviously better then the other by a wide margin, and you have to be very stubborn to deny it as such.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
^^^^Who let this dumb ass back in here?

boardr45

Liked Posts:
By your logic you can compare pretty much any two QBs you want.

Hey I bet Chris Chandler was every bit as good Joe Montana, oh wait, the stats dont bear it out? Oh well that doesn't matter! The stats dont tell the whole story, obviously.

You right, QBs and their surrounding talent has always been a point of conversation, for players on or near the same level. Nobody would argue that Vinny Testaverde is on the same level as Favre, and that is because the stats show that is clearly not the case.

As does it in the case between Romo and Cutler. One is quite obviously better then the other by a wide margin, and you have to be very stubborn to deny it as such.

Its a fact that Romo's coaching staff schemed to limit his mental errors because it was out of hand. They took away his ability to check out of plays. That type of scheme can help Jay. Your analogy is crazy different then mine. I am building a point about scheme strategy. Your trying to turn it into something else (player comparison). That is catgorically stubborn.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
Bummed to see him gone, he was a really unique player in how he played but if they let him go for a 5th there had to be some immense issues. I was ecstatic when we signed him and I'm equally disappointed now but hopefully it's for the best

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bear with me guys because I'm just reading between all of the tweets here, and using my highly developed extrovert brain here (with which a lot of you mouthbreathing toads will prolly take issue)

But...

Do you think that Pace/Fox/Gase have finally figured out the answer to "fixing" Cutler and that answer is, shipping out his BFF Beast???

One of the TOP reasons why all the Cutty haters do their hating was always because Cutler would stare down Marshall. Maybe moving him will force Cutler to finally play within a system like he did with Martz???

Could this be the biggest addition by subtraction move in the History of the NFL if Cutler becomes the system QB (with some designed rollouts maybe for the fanboys) and put the bears in more of a "reboot" phase than a "rebuild," and finally get us the franchise QB we traded for and extended???

I'm cautiously optimistic as always, but look forward to thoughts from you guys....

Cutler was a turnover machine before Marshall, with Marshall, and will remain so without Marshall. Cutler is unfixable, you can't cure stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.