Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
Has any player ever imploded as a member of the Patriots?

For such a hot head and loose cannon the greatest coach and franchise in the modern history doesn't seem intimidated.

Well Chandler Jones by all accounts showed up at a police station drunk and naked

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
For one he is no longer a pro bowler and two I don't have to hear that gay nickname anymore and three he's an asshole.

We weren't getting anything more for him. We got fair value for a player like him.

So he isn't a pro-bowler based on his play last year?

Wouldn't that then mean we should have traded him before the season when he threw a fit? Probably could have gotten a 2nd rounder or early 3rd.

Instead we gave him up, under contract, and a pick. Just for a late 4th rounder....

No matter how it is spun, Pace got bent over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two personalities like Gronk and Bennett together. What's the over/under on the number of dead hookers that end up in their South Beach hotel when they play the Dolphins. Whatever it is, I'll take the over.

Aaron Hernandez text about signing - "Hey yo, if you and Black Unicorn ever need to get rid of some evidence, I might know a girl."

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Wouldn't that then mean we should have traded him before the season when he threw a fit? Probably could have gotten a 2nd rounder or early 3rd.

Instead we gave him up, under contract, and a pick. Just for a late 4th rounder....

We saved almost 6 million which will help us resign Jeffery.

Reactions: DC

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

No. Pace got fair value for an asshole who slacked last year and carried a 5 million dollar pricetag with him.

If Brandon Marshall and a 7th could only get us a 5th...? Pace bent them over this time!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This teams in rebuild mode, you don't see a value in an extra 4th rounder?

We were also in re-build last year and could have gotten a much higher pick for him coming off a career year... no?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Anyone mad at this also has to think it was a bad move for the Patriots to trade Chandler Jones who was under contract in his contract year.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only issue is what compensatory pick we get after letting him walk in 2016?

Nothing.

Bears will have 40m or so to spend in FA (and that's assuming they don't cut #6) which will offset any potential comp pick from Bennett. If that wasn't the case I would guess a 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.