Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That same idiot was able to convince Hicks to play for him over a begging BB. That same idiot that was able to convince Trevathan to come here for under his market value. That same idiot that got Freeman for the same contract the Colts offered who have Luck. That same idiot that got a stud RT in Massie on a deal that sends Long back to probowl guard.

Ray Mcdonald
Kept Shea
Vlad Ducasse
Kevin White
Brandon Marshall

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I think this is probably the best deal Pace could get for a guy they would've cut had they not found a trade. Adding another 4th rounder was a great move, and will help add another solid prospect to the team. To tell the truth, I wouldn't hate it if Pace traded down in the first and managed to add another 2nd rounder as well. If the guy he targets isn't there, I think it would be a good move for a team that needs to add as much talent as possible. It's been a great free agency period for us. Add last years offseason to this one, throw in a solid draft and we are off and running in this rebuild, which could turn out to be done a lot quicker than anyone imagined.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I honestly can't remember the last time Mongo was actually right about something.

He said that no one would want to come to Chicago because of Cutler. Yet Cutler was mentioned by 3 of the signees as major reasons they signed. Hicks would rather play with Cutler than Brady. Freeman would rather play with Cutler than Luck.

He said that no one would sign Shea. Yet the smartest team out there ended up signing him with the 2nd smartest team almost signing him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think this is probably the best deal Pace could get for a guy they would've cut had they not found a trade. Adding another 4th rounder was a great move, and will help add another solid prospect to the team. To tell the truth, I wouldn't hate it if Pace traded down in the first and managed to add another 2nd rounder as well. If the guy he targets isn't there, I think it would be a good move for a team that needs to add as much talent as possible. It's been a great free agency period for us. Add last years offseason to this one, throw in a solid draft and we are off and running in this rebuild, which could turn out to be done a lot quicker than anyone imagined.

Middle rounds are great for finding talented TEs as well. We probably will develop a starter who was better than Bennett ever was.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
There's no way anyone could see anything in Shea except his high draft spot

He never even flashed any intriguing ability in any position he was tried at

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Those 2 sentences contradict eachother.

You're telling me bellicheck got the worse end of this trade??
He got a lazy number 2 tight end for 5 million dollars and a fourth round pick. He didn't exactly make out like a bandit.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He said that no one would sign Shea. Yet the smartest team out there ended up signing him with the 2nd smartest team almost signing him.

Bullshit #2.

Post it.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Ray Mcdonald
Kept Shea
Vlad Ducasse
Kevin White
Brandon Marshall

Come on man, theres not a GM in the history of the game that hits on every move he makes. It's just not possible. Overall Pace has done a pretty good job so far, and we yet to see what we are adding in the draft. He's turned the defense into a lot stronger unit, albeit on paper, in a relatively short time. I think we gotta give Pace a few years to be able to fully evaluate all his moves, but so far last year he did the best with what he could in the free agency/trade market. The draft looks like its a solid one, and White will be healthy this year so we'll get a better idea of how that draft will look this coming season. This free agency he's attacked our weaknesses and it seems to me like he's done a pretty good job. This coming draft will tell even more of the story. But in my opinion, Pace has done a pretty good job, made some mistakes, but like I said, no GM is absolutely perfect.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Come on man, theres not a GM in the history of the game that hits on every move he makes. It's just not possible. Overall Pace has done a pretty good job so far, and we yet to see what we are adding in the draft. He's turned the defense into a lot stronger unit, albeit on paper, in a relatively short time. I think we gotta give Pace a few years to be able to fully evaluate all his moves, but so far last year he did the best with what he could in the free agency/trade market. The draft looks like its a solid one, and White will be healthy this year so we'll get a better idea of how that draft will look this coming season. This free agency he's attacked our weaknesses and it seems to me like he's done a pretty good job. This coming draft will tell even more of the story. But in my opinion, Pace has done a pretty good job, made some mistakes, but like I said, no GM is absolutely perfect.

Not saying any GM could. but I'm saying he screwed the pooch on the Bennett issue.

The person I was responding to started listing all his hits to defend this bad GM move. So I started listing some of his misses.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Middle rounds are great for finding talented TEs as well. We probably will develop a starter who was better than Bennett ever was.

I'd love to see it, This is a big offseason for Pace and our Bears, and thusfar he's done a pretty good job. On paper that is, we will see when the games begin, but it seems to me like a very solid offseason. Now go add some great young talent in the draft, and set us up to get back to the playoffs.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hands of stone and zero speed. ...see ya later weirdo

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You're a fucking Dumbass. :yep: Hands of stone and zero speed and he catches 90 passes in a season.

Pace and Fox want to trade him away, fine I'm not crying that he's gone. I'm sure Belichick traded for a player that has stone hands and zero speed.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Not saying any GM could. but I'm saying he screwed the pooch on the Bennett issue.

The person I was responding to started listing all his hits to defend this bad GM move. So I started listing some of his misses.

I wasn't bashing what you was saying, I get why you was going there. I've been watching things around here a lot lately, and I'm not trying to pick at you, but it does seem to me like you're a bit hard on Pace. The guy inherited a mess, and I really think he's done a good job considering. I don't know about screwing the pooch on this Bennett deal. Don't get me wrong, I loved Bennett and when he was happy and motivated he played extremely well for us. But it seems like he just had kinda went into a funk when he didn't get his contract redone, and he seemed to become more of a distraction to the team than a help. I think he wrote his own ticket out and Pace was just trying to get the best deal he could. I mean Bennett and a 6th for a 4th to me is a pretty good deal considering had we not found a trade to make with him, we likely would've cut him and received nothing. So I'm glad we was able to at least move up from that 6th rounder two rounds into the 4th, a lot better than nothing I think.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real deal was they had to sign Shea for 3 years, and in turn he will finally burn the Virginia nudes

Status
Not open for further replies.