Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Not saying any GM could. but I'm saying he screwed the pooch on the Bennett issue.

The person I was responding to started listing all his hits to defend this bad GM move. So I started listing some of his misses.

Would you concede that the verdict is still out on White? Or are you listing him because of missing the rookie season? Just curious.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're a fucking Dumbass. :yep: Hands of stone and zero speed and he catches 90 passes in a season.

Pace and Fox want to trade him away, fine I'm not crying that he's gone. I'm sure Belichick traded for a player that has stone hands and zero speed.

I'm with Hans. He is washed up. He quit on us twice this year cuz of bad conditioning. He was effective with Marshall and Heffery, but as the top target this year he floundered.

Also very weird guy prone to conflict. I don't think he can buy into the patriot way, I honestly think his narcissism and crazy jokes won't last 13 months with Cosch Bill.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
So you don't think he could have gotten more last year?
Not much more. Players like Bennett don't carry that much trade value. And they may have wanted to keep him at the time before he became a raging bitch.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm with Hans. He is washed up. He quit on us twice this year cuz of bad conditioning. He was effective with Marshall and Heffery, but as the top target this year he floundered.

Also very weird guy prone to conflict. I don't think he can buy into the patriot way, I honestly think his narcissism and crazy jokes won't last 13 months with Cosch Bill.

Bill will love his Twitter account

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hans is an idiot that only understands flag football. A player can't catch 90 passes in a season with stone hands. Brady will enjoy having another target like Bennett to throw to next season.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I wasn't bashing what you was saying, I get why you was going there. I've been watching things around here a lot lately, and I'm not trying to pick at you, but it does seem to me like you're a bit hard on Pace. The guy inherited a mess, and I really think he's done a good job considering. I don't know about screwing the pooch on this Bennett deal. Don't get me wrong, I loved Bennett and when he was happy and motivated he played extremely well for us. But it seems like he just had kinda went into a funk when he didn't get his contract redone, and he seemed to become more of a distraction to the team than a help. I think he wrote his own ticket out and Pace was just trying to get the best deal he could. I mean Bennett and a 6th for a 4th to me is a pretty good deal considering had we not found a trade to make with him, we likely would've cut him and received nothing. So I'm glad we was able to at least move up from that 6th rounder two rounds into the 4th, a lot better than nothing I think.

Pace has made rookie mistakes.

It's going to happen.

He's learning on the job.

And truth be told, I think he's made the team better. I honestly do think we will have a better record next year. And I think we will all value our talent more.

But that's not my point. I feel he could be doing better.

And as I have said before, I will call it like it is.

If Cutler is performing, I will say it. If he sucks, I will say it.

I like Pace. (so far).

But that doesn't mean I become a blind advocate.

I like Mcphee. But if he takes a play off, I will call it. I like Alshon. But if he gives up on a route, I will call it.

What's sad is that I am pointing out things our GM could do better to help the team and people here just want to jump all over me for pointing it out instead of understanding that my point is that I want the team to be better and win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys, the great thing about Bennett 5 years ago was he was a great blocker. He doesn't seem interested in that much anymore and has chronic shoulder issues from the mileage. He is losing speed. And unhappy. Fuck it. We got something. Move on and bridge with Miller for a year. Good.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has made rookie mistakes.

It's going to happen.

He's learning on the job.

And truth be told, I think he's made the team better. I honestly do think we will have a better record next year. And I think we will all value our talent more.

But that's not my point. I fell he could be doing better.

And as I have said before,I will call it like it is.

If Cutler is performing, I will say it.If he sucks, I will say it.

I like Pace. (so far).

But that doesn't mean I become a blind advocate.

I like Mcphee. But if he takes a play off, I will call it. I like Alshon. But if he gives up on a route, I will call it.

What's sad is that I am pointing out things our GM could do better to help the team and people here just want to jump all over me for pointing it out instead of understanding that my point is that I want the team to be better and win.

How is White a bust? No one new he would break a shin. Can't call him a bust until he gets on the field and flops.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Why would he not buy in? This guy get's player to buy in.

He was under contract.

It would be a contract year where playing well could land him another big contract.

Seems pretty simple to me. Solid pro-bowl player, in a contract year, playing under a coach that gets all his player to buy in....

No matter how you spin it, we lost this trade. Marshall trade 2.0.

I'll take that loss. Sometimes you have to lose to win.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
How is White a bust? No one new he would break a shin. Can't call him a bust until he gets on the field and flops.

My post doesn't call him a bust.

But as far as helping the team to win last year, he was. No?

Or is a top 7 pick not supposed to be an impact player year 1 anymore?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Fair or not but if his career Is one of many injuries that prevent him from #1 WR stats, he'll be a bust

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My post doesn't call him a bust.

But as far as helping the team to win last year, he was. No?

Or is a top 7 pick not supposed to be an impact player year 1 anymore?

Had he been healthy that #7 pick might have been on the field, and should have contributed as a #7. However you want to frame it, wasn't Pace's fault.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Would you concede that the verdict is still out on White? Or are you listing him because of missing the rookie season? Just curious.

Verdict long term is out on White.

As far as last year goes, he was the true definition of a complete bust.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
With our newly acquired 4th round pick I propose we draft Tyler Higbee!!

[video=youtube;UeEwjgwkbs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEwjgwkbs0[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair or not but if his career Is one of many injuries that prevent him from #1 WR stats, he'll be a bust

Agreed, he will be a bust if he never produces, everybody loved the pick going into the draft and afterwards, I couldn't fault Pace for that. I would fault him if he picked the idiot that can jump out of a swimming pool #7 doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.