Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he isn't a pro-bowler based on his play last year?

Wouldn't that then mean we should have traded him before the season when he threw a fit? Probably could have gotten a 2nd rounder or early 3rd.

Instead we gave him up, under contract, and a pick. Just for a late 4th rounder....

No matter how it is spun, Pace got bent over.
Exactly and now the Patriots will show all how valuable he can be.

Madden

Liked Posts:
See ya Marty, you were good but it was time to move on. New regime isn't taking any shit from anyone so the writing was on the wall. I really think Pace is gonna pick up a TE in the draft to compete with Housler for the 3rd TE spot with the hope he eventually progresses to be our future starter down the line.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people that are upset got tricked into that Wilkerson and a 2nd crap that was made up and then magically believed something similar could happen.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
No. Pace got fair value for an asshole who slacked last year and carried a 5 million dollar pricetag with him.

If Brandon Marshall and a 7th could only get us a 5th...? Pace bent them over this time!

Pace has been bent over repeatedly.

Thanks for bringing up the Marshall fiasco.

Hope he learns quickly. Rookie mistakes have to stop.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Win what? Do you believe we are one lazy tight end away from a Superbowl?

So he sucks.

And did last year.

So why not trade him when he had value last year?

no matter how you spin, bennett was handled wrong.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And we still have Fox, the players coach, so why not now?

You can go left or right, but both directions bring you to same result. Pace fucked up with Bennett.

Fox helped (along with Cutler) to bring in Trevathan, Freeman and Hicks. He is a strong leader but he can't help everyone. That is like bringing a serial killer into the greatest psychiatrist in the world and expecting them to fix them.

Pace didn't fuck up because he was going to RELEASE him if there was no trade.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Pats are signing Shea.

So now, according to some, we have traded Bennett, and a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, for a 4th.

Oh, the humanity!

Madden

Liked Posts:
So he sucks.

And did last year.

Marty didn't want to play for the Bears anymore. Didn't he request a trade? Why would you want someone on the team that doesn't want to be there? If you hate your coworkers and boss are you going to give 100%? This isn't Madden where some team will magically give you a 2nd rounder. You can only take what other teams are offering.

4th rounder = potential for solid contributor for years to come

vs

Martellus Bennett = literally 1 more year on a rebuilding team

what has more value?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Pats are signing Shea.

So now, according to some, we have traded Bennett, and a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, for a 4th.

Oh, the humanity!

LOL. If Shea and or Bostic open the season starting you might have a point.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
So he sucks.

And did last year.

I don't have to spin it. I am happy he is gone, and I know that what we got in return is the best we could hope for.

I just had some time to kill so I thought I'd argue with you.
At no point did I think I could talk sense into you.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Fox helped (along with Cutler) to bring in Trevathan, Freeman and Hicks. He is a strong leader but he can't help everyone. That is like bringing a serial killer into the greatest psychiatrist in the world and expecting them to fix them.

Pace didn't fuck up because he was going to RELEASE him if there was no trade.

If he was going to release a pro-bowler who was under contract in a contract year, who would be playing for a new contract, (with a players coach who gets the locker to 100% buy in) he's a fucking idiot.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Marty didn't want to play for the Bears. Didn't he request a trade? Why would you want someone on the team that doesn't want to be there? If you hate your coworkers and boss are you going to give 100%? This isn't Madden where some team will magically give you a 2nd rounder. You can only take what other teams are offering.

4th rounder = potential for solid contributor for years to come

vs

Martellus Bennett = literally 1 more year on a rebuilding team

what has more value?

This is the 3rd time Bennett has acted like a little bitch. Both the Giants and Cowboys didn't want him. Patriots will be the 4th team to learn. Just like the Jets with Marshall who had even more shit brought against him today.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I don't have to spin it. I am happy he is gone, and I know that what we got in return is the best we could hope for.

I just had some time to kill so I thought I'd argue with you.
At no point did I think I could talk sense into you.

Those 2 sentences contradict eachother.

You're telling me bellicheck got the worse end of this trade??

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If he was going to release a pro-bowler who was under contract in a contract year, who would be playing for a new contract, (with a players coach who gets the locker to 100% buy in) he's a fucking idiot.

That same idiot was able to convince Hicks to play for him over a begging BB. That same idiot that was able to convince Trevathan to come here for under his market value. That same idiot that got Freeman for the same contract the Colts offered who have Luck. That same idiot that got a stud RT in Massie on a deal that sends Long back to probowl guard.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I can't believe someone wanted to sign Shea. And the Pats of all teams

I guess we'll see if he really is a bust now, if the Pats can't make anything of him

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ashame we couldnt have put somethin together for Chandler Jones ....i assume his skill would transend scheme. Coulda maybe did Marty and our 2nd?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.